The global Alcohol and Starch Enzyme Market is valued at USD 2549.8 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 3962.3 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 6.50% between 2023 and 2030.
The market for has shown a greater focus on accuracy and efficiency due to technical developments that are raising manufacturing yields and lowering costs. There is an increasing need for customized enzyme formulations for low-carb and gluten-free alcoholic beverages as consumer preferences for healthier products change. Additionally, incentives and regulatory support for sustainable agriculture and renewable energy are changing market dynamics, necessitating the need for sector players to adapt their strategy to changing economic and environmental variables.
Alcohol and Starch Enzyme Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The need for enzymes in the manufacture of biofuels and renewable energy sources is rising, aligning with global efforts to minimize carbon emissions and dependence on fossil fuels. As a result, the market for alcohol and starch enzymes is flourishing.
- North America generated more than 48.50% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Carbohydrases segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 44.5% of the total revenue share in 2022 due to their versatile applications in food, beverages, biofuels, and animal feed industries
- Alcohol enzymes segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 54.2% of the total revenue share in 2022
The has grown significantly. The market's rising demand of alcoholic drinks, which account for over 45% of total market revenue, and the biofuels industry, which contributes roughly 30%, are the main drivers of this expansion. The market share of the animal feed sector, which accounts for 15% of total market growth, is likewise increasing consistently at a rate of roughly 5-6%. Notably, technological developments have improved manufacturing efficiency by 10% to 15%, resulting in cost savings for producers. In addition, regional emphasis on renewable energy and sustainable agriculture has given the sector a considerable boost thanks to government backing and regulatory actions.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Increasing demand for alcoholic beverages: The demand for alcoholic beverages around the world is gradually increasing due to urbanization, rising disposable income, and shifting lifestyle preferences. Alcoholic beverages including beer, wine, and spirits are created using alcohol enzymes.
- Growing demand for biofuels: Biofuels are created using materials that are renewable, such sugar and starch. Biofuels like bioethanol and biodiesel are produced using alcohol enzymes.
- Increasing demand for animal feed: Alcohol enzymes are employed in the manufacturing of whey and silage, two types of animal feed. The market for alcohol and starch enzymes is anticipated to expand due to the rising need for animal feed.
- Technological advancements: The manufacture of alcohol and starch enzymes is subject to ongoing technological developments. The enzymes are becoming more efficient and economical due to these developments.
- Clean Label and Sustainability: Natural enzymes and enzyme-based goods are in demand as consumers opt for clean-label products more and more. Companies in the sector are concentrating on lowering the amount of water and energy used in the manufacture of enzymes as sustainability becomes an increasingly important issue.
The globel Alcohol and Starch Enzyme market can be categorized into Enzyme Type, Application, Region. The Market can be categorized into Carbohydrases, Protease, Lipases, Others based on Enzyme Type. The Market can be categorized into Alcohol enzymes, Starch/sugar enzymes based on Application. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Enzyme Type
Carbohydrases holds the largest share
The market is expected to be dominated carbohydrases enzyme type. These enzymes play a crucial role in converting complex carbohydrates into simpler sugars and are widely used in a variety of industries, including food and beverage production, the production of biofuels, and animal feed. They ensure effective nutrient absorption in animal feed as well as the generation of alcoholic drinks, biofuels like bioethanol and biodiesel.
Based on Application
Alcohol enzymes will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market for alcohol enzymes is expected to dominate in 2022, primarily due to the rising demand for alcoholic drinks, biofuels, and animal feed. The manufacture of alcoholic drinks like beer, wine, and spirits as well as biofuels like bioethanol and biodiesel depend heavily on these adaptable alcohol enzymes. They are also crucial in the creation of animal feed, underscoring their importance in a variety of businesses.
Based on Region
North America will lead the market
North America is expected to dominate the market for due to its the area's strong alcoholic beverage demand, which is brought on by elements including high disposable income, urbanization, and changing lifestyle choices. Alcohol enzymes are essential to satisfying this demand because they are used in the production of drinks like beer, wine, and spirits. The demand for biofuels made from renewable resources with the help of alcohol enzymes, including bioethanol and biodiesel, in North America is also a major driver of market expansion. The market is also fueled by the region's developing animal feed industry, which uses these enzymes to create vital feed ingredients like silage and whey.
The global market is fragmented, including a diverse array of the presence of several key players, ranging from established technology catering to various industries like starch processing and baking and manufacturers to emerging companies specializing in enzymes.
The players in the global market include ABF PLC, Advanced Enzyme Technology Ltd., Amano Enzyme Inc., Codexis Inc., Dupont DE Nemours and Co. Msds., Dyadic International Inc., Lesaffre, NovozymesA/S, Roquette Freres, and The Soufflet Group. among others.
Recent Market Developments
- December 2022: In order to increase their influence in the international enzymes market, Novozymes and Chr. Hansen, two Danish producers of enzymes and food components, announced their intention to unite.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Enzyme Type (Carbohydrases, Protease, Lipases, Others)
- Application (Alcohol enzymes, Starch/sugar enzymes)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- ABF PLC
- Advanced Enzyme Technology Ltd.
- Amano Enzyme Inc.
- Codexis Inc.
- Dupont DE Nemours and Co. Msds.
- Dyadic International Inc.
- Roquette Freres
- and The Soufflet Group.
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options