Aerosol Market - Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Propellent Types Liquefied Gas Propellants, Compressed Gas Propellants
- By Propulsion Diesel, CNG/LNG/RNG
- By Valve Type Mechanical Actuators, Non-mechanical Actuators, Other Valves
- By Materials Steel, Aluminum, Plastics, Other Materials
- By Types Bag-In-Valve, Standard
- By End Uses Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Pharmaceutical, Automotive & Industrial, Other End Uses
- By Applications Personal Care, Household, Automotive & Industrial, Food, Paints, Medical, Other Applications
- By Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2022 - 2028|
|Historical Years:||2016 - 2021|
|Revenue 2021:||USD 73.5 Billion|
|Revenue 2028:||USD 106.0 Billion|
|Revenue CAGR (2022 - 2028):||6.3%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2022 - 2028)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2021):||Europe|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
The Global Aerosol Market is valued at USD 73.5 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach a value of USD 106.0 Billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period.
The Aerosol Market is constantly evolving and growing. This is due to technological advances, population growth, and rising demand for natural beauty products. These factors are pushing the market forward as new applications for Aerosols emerge. One of the most popular applications for Aerosols is in the health and beauty industries. Aerosols are used in a wide range of applications including dental products, skincare, hair products, and cleaning supplies. Many people use them as an affordable alternative to traditional beauty treatments. Aerosols also have many other uses such as smoke suppression, vehicle exhausts, agricultural spraying, and firefighting. There are several factors driving the Aerosol Market forward including population growth and rising demand for natural beauty products. Other drivers include technological advancements that allow for new Aerosols applications and increased awareness about their benefits.
The Aerosol Market is projected to grow significantly during the next five years, owing to technological advancements in two key areas – production and application. Furthermore, there are other factors like improvement in air quality that are also contributing to the growth of this market. In terms of production, companies are investing in newer technologies such as 3D printing, allowing smaller and more precise Aerosols to be manufactured. This will likely result in increased demand for Aerosols from pharmaceuticals, personal care products, and insecticides. In addition, automation and robotics advances will help increase factories' output. In terms of application, there is increasing recognition of Aerosols’ role in improving air quality. For example, nanoparticles can improve indoor air quality by acting as barriers against particles and allergens released by people or pets. The use of devices such as scrubbers (to remove pollutants from the atmosphere) is also on the rise due to their efficacy in controlling airborne pollutant levels.
Aerosol Market Size, 2021 To 2028 (USD Billion)
As the population grows, more people seek ways to improve their hygiene. This is especially true for millennials, who are known for being more environmentally conscious and prefer more personalized products. As a result, the Aerosol Market has grown recently because more companies are creating products that cater to this lifestyle. One of the main drivers of this growth is the increasing popularity of facial mask products. These masks require no scrubbing and quickly remove dirt, bacteria, and other pollutants from the face. Because they're so effective, facial masks have become popular among millennials and other groups who value convenience over thorough cleansing.
Additionally, many companies target men by creating Aerosol beard cleaners and other grooming products. Overall, the Aerosol Market is forecast to grow significantly due to growing demand from customers who want more personalized hygiene products. This makes it an ideal investment option for companies that capitalize on this trend. Aerosols have been heavily relied on in the cosmetics industry for decades. Despite their high toxicity, Aerosols are used extensively to achieve desirable cosmetic effects such as volume and shine. However, regulatory restrictions are expected to hamper the market growth of this product segment over the next few years. Rising demand for natural beauty products drives the growth of the Aerosol Market. This increasing preference towards natural and organic products is attributed to consumers' desire to minimize environmental impact and avoid potential health risks associated with conventional cosmetics ingredients. This trend has helped boost the penetration of natural Aerosol ingredients in personal care formulations across various geographies.
Advanced engineering techniques and new manufacturing processes are responsible for the increased production of Aerosols. This has led to the development of new types of Aerosols, such as water-based and fragrance-less Aerosols. Additionally, advances in renewable energy are enabling producers to create environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional Aerosols. Consumers are increasingly seeking environmentally friendly products that can improve their personal air quality. This trend has led to products that address specific issues such as allergies or asthma. In addition, companies are capitalizing on rising concerns over climate change by developing innovative ways to reduce emissions from Aerosols without compromising user comfort or performance.
The key restraints of the Aerosol Market include the regulatory environment, ingredient availability, and manufacturing costs. Regulations related to health and safety are the main constraint to growth in the Aerosol Market. Additive safety concerns have deterred manufacturers from introducing new products into the market and led to strict rules governing product testing and certification. Additionally, emerging economies such as China are imposing stringent restrictions on Aerosols as a result of public concern over air pollution. Regarding ingredient availability, many components used in Aerosols are expensive and difficult to source. Aerosols also require special handling and storage facilities, which adds to their cost. Manufacturers are also constrained by manufacturing processes designed for conventional propellants such as gasoline and diesel. These processes must be better suited to producing Aerosols that withstand high temperatures and pressure environments. Consequently, production costs for Aerosols are significantly higher than for traditional propellants.
Top Market Trends
1. Increasing demand for air Fresheners and deodorizers is leading to increasing Aerosols usage across various applications such as healthcare, transportation, cleaning, and industrial applications.
2. Various players are focusing on R&D initiatives to improve the performance and sustainability of their Aerosol products.
3. Aerosol products are being deployed as a photodegradable delivery system for medications across some industries, such as medical devices, food/beverage, and cosmetics.
4. Advanced particle technologies such as photocatalytic oxidizers will be increasingly used for aircraft exhausts and agricultural soil treatment, which would increase demand for chemical-free cleaning agents.
5. The air purifier industry is a key consumer of Aerosols due to increased awareness about health hazards associated with fine particle inhalation.
6. Nanosphere technology has been gaining popularity in the Aerosol industry owing to its enhanced performance over traditional technologies. Nanosphere technology allows for the controlled release of odorants from submicron droplets by breaking up and reforming the particles, thereby providing better odor control capabilities and reduced environmental impact. Consequently, this technology is expected to witness high growth in the coming years.
7. Sustainable Aerosols (SA) are composed only of natural or renewable components with negligible environmental impacts. Implementing SA standards will increase sales of these products across all markets, including automotive, electronic equipment, health care, and textile industry.
The market is segmented by Propellent Type, Propulsion, Valve Type, Material, Type, End Use, Application, and Region. Based on Propellent Type, the market is segmented into Liquefied Gas Propellants and Compressed Gas Propellants. Based on Propulsion, the market is segmented into Diesel and CNG/LNG/RNG. Based on Valve Type, the market is segmented into Mechanical Actuators, Non-mechanical Actuators, and Other Types. Based on Material, the market is segmented into Steel, Aluminum, Plastics, and Other Materials. Based on Type, the market is segmented into Bag-In-Valve and Standard. Based on End-use, the market is segmented into Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Pharmaceutical, Automotive & Industrial, and Other End Use. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Personal Care, Household, Automotive & Industrial, Food, Paints, Medical, and Other Applications.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Propellent Type
Liquefied gas propellants have been steadily gaining market share in the aerospace industry owing to their ability to provide extended operating range and improved performance over traditional rocket propellants. This is primarily because the liquid propellant systems are well-suited for applications such as satellite launches, where long durations and relatively low thrust demands are necessary. Moreover, liquefied gas propellants are more environmentally friendly than traditional rocket propellants since they do not produce greenhouse gases during operation. This could be a major advantage in applications such as manned spaceflight, where reducing environmental impact is critical. In addition, commercial enterprises are increasingly turning to liquefied gas propellant systems for their cost-effective nature. Overall, many factors favor the adoption of liquefied gas propellant technology in the aerospace industry. This indicates that this type of propellant market is growing rapidly, and companies that wish to remain competitive should explore options for producing and using these gracing technologies.
Based on Valve Type
The mechanical actuator has the highest expected revenue growth rate among valve types over the forecasted period. This is primarily due to its increased adoption in aggressive grow markets such as North America and Asia Pacific. Other valve types, such as those utilizing electrohydraulic actuators, will experience slower growth rates over the next five years. As Aerosols continue to be a major player in various industries, valves are necessary for controlling product release. Mechanical actuators allow for more accurate control of product flow and have greater reliability than electronic or pneumatic systems. This allows companies to release products with greater precision and accuracy, increasing margins.
Based on Material
During the forecast period, the aluminum material segment held the largest revenue share in the Aerosol Market. This is mainly due to the increasing demand for aluminum foil and cans from many industries, such as food and beverage, automotive, packaging, and healthcare. The growth of this segment is expected to continue over the next five years, as more companies begin to adopt aluminum Aerosols for their products. Other materials used in Aerosols include plastics such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polypropylene (PP), nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and neon. These materials have been increasingly used due to their lower cost and higher performance than traditional Aerosols. However, their sales are expected to grow slowly over the next five years due to growing awareness regarding the health risks associated with breathing these particles in large quantities.
Based on Type
The standard segment held the largest revenue share in 2021, exhibiting robust growth. Specialized segments are expected to witness high growth in the coming years owing to increasing demand for customized Aerosols and novel products. Standard Aerosols are those used by a majority of consumers. They account for the largest share of the market and are generally cheaper than specialized Aerosols. Specialized Aerosols fall into two categories: therapeutic and theatrical. Therapeutic Aerosols treat respiratory problems such as asthma, cough, and colds, whereas theatrical Aerosols are used in theatrical productions such as fire shows and magic tricks. These specialized types of Aerosols have higher demand owing to their specific uses. However, standard Aerosols remain popular due to their lower price tags and wider availability.
Based on End Use
The Consumer-Packaged Products segment is expected to see the highest revenue growth rate over the forecast period. This is mainly due to the increasing demand for food and beverage, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical applications. The Aerosol Market is multiplying because of its ability to provide a variety of end-uses with increased efficiency, accuracy, and reduced emissions.
Food & Beverage: Sustainability concerns prompt consumers to switch from conventional food products to healthier alternatives such as organic foods and beverages. In addition, there is an increase in demand for ethnic foods and drinks that are gluten-free or dairy-free. These trends are expected to drive growth in the food and beverage segment over the next few years.
Cosmetic: A slowdown in economic growth across developed countries has led to a decline in spending on high-end cosmetics products. However, this market section is still growing steadily because of the increasing popularity of niche brands among women. This trend is expected to continue over the next few years as more brands enter this space.
Pharmaceuticals: The soaring global population, coupled with increasing awareness about cancerous diseases, is expected to drive growth in the pharmaceuticals segment over the forecast period. This increase in spending is likely to be driven by new product launches, research & development (R&D) activities, and acquisitions by major players in this sector.
Based on Application
The personal care segment held the largest market share in the Aerosol Market in 2021. The increasing popularity of oral care products, including toothpaste, mouthwash, and deodorant, is contributing to the growth of this segment. In addition to these products, many people use Aerosols for hair care and make-up application. The increase in the number of people using Aerosols for personal care has compelled the industry players to develop new products and expand their distribution channels. Using Aerosols has resulted in various environmental concerns. Regulations have been implemented globally to manage these concerns related to air quality. This has resulted in declining sales of some Aerosol products. However, with effective marketing strategies and product innovations, the overall market size for Aerosols is expected to grow over the years.
Based on Region
Europe held the largest market share of 33.1% in 2021. This is due to high population density, increased industrialization, and increased use of Aerosols in various applications such as automotive emissions control, indoor air quality improvement, and crop dusting. Asia-Pacific will be the fastest-growing region over the next six years due to rising demand from developing countries such as China and India. These countries are adopting aerodynamic technologies for automobiles and are using Aerosols for various other applications such as air conditioning and industrial emissions control. Latin America also witnessed strong growth due to increasing industrialization and consumer awareness about environmental hazards.
The key players in the Global Aerosol Market include- Proctor & Gamble (US), Reckitt Benckiser (Slough), Unilever (UK), Honeywell International Inc (US), SC Johnson & Son Inc (US), Henkel (Germany) and others.
Recent Market Developments
● Honeywell International Inc. collaborated with Vesismin Health to develop a safe coronavirus and another infectious organism Aerosol treatment for users and the environment. Honeywell's non-flammable solstice propellant HFO-1234ze is used to distribute a broad-spectrum disinfectant that is effective against bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
● Pintyplus, a Spanish paint manufacturer, released Evolution, an Aerosol paint made with water, in March 2021. Similar to the original Evolution paint, which was applied using a solvent, the new Aerosol version maintains a high level of adhesion and is extremely simple to apply.
● In 2022, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals of Mumbai, India, in partnership with SaNOtize Research and Development Corporation of Canada, introduced India's first Aerosol Nitric Oxide Nasal Spray (NONS), dubbed FabiSpray.
● A new production facility for Lindal Group, an Aerosol dispensing solutions provider, will begin construction in Brazil in 2020 with an expenditure of $25 million.
● A new Aerosol hand sanitizer manufactured by Starco Brands of California, USA, will be available to consumers in 2020. The company has patented the spray technique and brought it to market under the Breathe® brand name, using a 75% alcohol solution.
Segmentation of the Global Aerosol Market
|Regions & Countries Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
Frequently Asked Question
The global Aerosol valued at USD 73.5 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 106.0 Billion in 2028 growing at a CAGR of 6.3%.
The prominent players in the market are Proctor & Gamble (US), Reckitt Benckiser (Slough), Unilever (UK), Honeywell International Inc (US), SC Johnson & Son Inc (US), Henkel (Germany).
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% between 2021 and 2028.
The driving factors of the Aerosol include
- Increasing Demand For Aerosol Cans from Paints & Coatings Industry
Europe was the leading regional segment of the Aerosol in 2020.