The global Accelerometers Market is valued at USD 2.88 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 3.49 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 2.8% between 2023 and 2030.
MEMS technology has enabled the miniaturization of electromechanical and mechanical elements in semiconductors and sensors by utilizing micro-machining and microfabrication. Modern high-acceleration accelerometers have a tactical grade that has saturated the market for various defense applications. Furthermore, the commercial aerospace sector is driving demand for high-end IMUs. According to Boeing's aerospace analysis, the world will require 35,200 new jet aircraft in the next years. MEMS accelerators are used in inertial navigation applications to estimate the speed and direction of ships, airplanes, guided missiles, submarines, and spacecraft. High accelerometers have replaced brittle high-end electromechanical devices. Rising demand from the end-user sector is expected to fuel the worldwide accelerometer market's quick rise.
The global accelerometer market is positioned for exceptional expansion due to varied demand across diverse industries, with aerospace and defense expected to continue dominance by providing 30% of the market share. The automotive industry is expected to account for 25% of the market, owing to the increasing need for accelerometers in critical applications such as airbag deployment, stability control, and autonomous driving systems.
Accelerometers Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The COVID-19 epidemic wreaked havoc on the accelerometer market, disrupting supply chains and triggering demand variations across industries. Automobile and consumer electronics industries saw slowdowns, but healthcare applications increased, fueling demand for accelerometers in medical devices and remote monitoring. Research and development operations needed to be improved, and market uncertainty influenced investment decisions. On the other hand, the accelerometer market is likely to rise as economies recover and adapt, with increasing applications in healthcare, remote monitoring, and industrial automation adding to its resurgence.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
- North America generated more than 40.30% of revenue share in 2022
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Based on application, the Aerospace & Defense segment contributed a significant revenue share in 2022
- Based on Axis, the Axis-3 part recorded the most important market share in 2022
- Based on application, Aerospace & Defense led the market during 2022
The global accelerometer market provides appealing economic insights and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR throughout the projected period. The acceleration of IoT and Industry 4.0 projects stimulates demand even more, resulting in a 15% increase in accelerometer utility in industrial automation and predictive maintenance, resulting in increased operational efficiency and significant cost savings. Furthermore, the rise of MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) technology and MEMS-based accelerometers increases production scalability while lowering costs by 10% and democratizing access to high-performance solutions.
Top Market Trends
- Increased Demand for AI and Machine Learning Acceleration: Due to the rapid expansion of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) applications, the market for accelerators has seen a major surge in demand. Accelerators like Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) were widely employed to speed AI training and inference workloads, allowing quicker and more efficient data processing.
- Increased Focus on Energy Efficiency: As corporations attempted to reduce power consumption while maximizing performance, energy efficiency became critical in accelerator design. Low-power accelerators have gained popularity in situations requiring strict energy limits.
- Rise of Quantum Computing: While still in the experimental stage, the development of quantum accelerators for tackling complicated problems demonstrated promise in various domains, including cryptography, optimization, and material science.
- Acceleration in the Cloud and Data Centers: Cloud service providers and data centers continued to add accelerators to boost the performance of cloud-based applications, providing clients with enhanced computing capabilities for various tasks, including data analysis and AI workloads.
The Global Accelerometer market can be categorized into Axis, Application, and Region.
The market is segmented based on axis into 1Axis, 2Axis, and 3Axis. Based on the application, the Accelerometer market has been segmented into Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Industrial, Consumer Electronics, and Others. Likewise, the market is segmented based on region: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Axis
3 Axis holds the largest share
3-axis accelerometers led the global accelerometer market share, boosted by rising demand in applications such as smartphones, tablets, and wearables. These accelerometers, which can measure acceleration in three dimensions, are critical for motion tracking, gesture recognition, and fall detection, proving their importance. Furthermore, their low cost adds to their popularity, making them a practical alternative for various applications. The 3-axis accelerometer market will likely maintain its dominance as the momentum behind motion tracking and gesture recognition grows, owing to their precision, cost-effectiveness, and flexible utility in smartphones, tablets, wearable devices, and industrial automation domains.
Based on Application
Aerospace & Defense will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The aerospace & defense application sector is expected to lead the global accelerometer market throughout the forecast period, owing to rising demand for these sensors across a wide range of applications in the industry. This includes navigation systems for aircraft, ships, and vehicles, missile and weapon guidance systems, weapon stabilization, and accelerometers within Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs) to determine device direction and motion. The aerospace and defense sector, a critical accelerator customer, is expected to increase demand as new technologies emerge. The segment's dominance is supported by the criticality of its applications, which necessitate the highest accuracy and precision and is bolstered by significant government spending that fuels this demand.
Based on Region
North America will lead the market
North America will dominate the global accelerometer market during the forecast period due to several compelling factors. Major accelerometer manufacturers, including Analog Devices, InvenSense, and STMicroelectronics, have a strong presence in the region, with each substantial spending in research and development to drive market growth. Concurrently, rising consumer electronics demand, such as smartphones, tablets, and wearable gadgets, contributes to North America's dominance. Accelerometers are used in these devices for various applications such as motion tracking, gesture recognition, and fall detection. Furthermore, the region's rising demand for automotive applications such as airbag deployment and stability control boosts market momentum. Accelerometers are crucial in these fields because they measure vehicle acceleration and determine optimal airbag deployment settings.
The global accelerometer market is fragmented, with well-established players and newer entrants, resulting in a diverse competitive landscape. Smaller companies and startups also offered specialized accelerometers for particular applications, further fragmenting the market. The advent of new technologies and breakthroughs, as well as the extension of accelerometers into numerous industries, resulted in increasing market competitiveness and diversity. For instance, Spectris and Dytran, both technology leaders in dynamic measurement, announced the signing of a Share Purchase Agreement in which Spectris committed to buy 100% of Dytran Instruments, Inc. shares.
The players in the global accelerometer market include Lord Microstrain, VectorNav Technologies, Systron Donner, Inc., Trimble Navigation, MEMSIC, Aeron, Honeywell, SBG Systems, iXblue, L3 Communications, among others.
Recent Market Developments
- May 2022: Spectris and Dytran, both technology leaders in dynamic measurement, announced the signing of a Share Purchase Agreement in which Spectris committed to buy 100% of Dytran Instruments, Inc. shares. The deal is likely to be completed in the fourth quarter of this year. Dytran will be absorbed into HBK, a well-known brand in accelerometers. Both companies can harness complementary strengths and provide increased client products and solutions, allowing for faster product development.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Axis (1 Axis, 2 Axis, 3 Axis)
- Application (Aerospace & Defense , Automotive , Industrial , Consumer Electronics , Others )
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Lord Microstrain
- VectorNav Technologies
- Systron Donner Inc.
- Trimble Navigation
- SBG Systems
- L3 Communications
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options