As stated in our extensive report; the Global Silicon Nitride Ceramics Market accounted forUSD 689.5 Millionin 2021.
The automotive industry is a vital driver of the Silicon Nitride Ceramics Market. Silicon Nitride Ceramics provide high thermal, shock, and impact resistance. They are superior to other materials owing to their thermal shock resistance and do not deteriorate at high temperatures; as a result, it is utilized for automotive engines and parts for gas turbines, coupled with the turbocharger rotor. Also, it is extensively used in Bearing Rolling Elements, Cutting Tools, Automotive Components (rollers/pads), and the Oil & Gas Components industry. Moreover, the growth in demand for fuel-efficient and environmentally-friendly vehicles is resulting in an amplified need for lightweight & high-strength components that Silicon Nitride Ceramics can offer. All these factors will increase product demand, fuelling the Silicon Nitride Ceramics Market growth in the coming years. In addition, the need for Silicon Nitride Ceramics substrate is likely to rise rapidly in the electronics industry because of the raw material affluence, development of innovative products, and growing adoption of technologies.
Key factors influencing Silicon Nitride Ceramics Market Growth
The growth of the Global Silicon Nitride Ceramics Market can be attributable to the following:
- The surging use of ceramic substrates as an alternative to metals and alloys is driving the expansion in this market.
- Other factors attributed to the market's growth include the growing demand for compact microelectronics packaging solutions.
- The wide-ranging use of silicon nitride in automobile engines and parts for gas turbines, together with the turbocharger rotor, is expected to propel the market growth.
- Increased demand for ceramic substrates in the power module industry owing to the high consumption of power module items among the population worldwide will propel the market demand for Silicon Nitride Ceramics in the coming years.
- The rising demand for ceramic substrates in electronic applications due to the increased demand for electronics in developed economies is propelling the market's growth.
- The rise in popularity of electric vehicles is projected to enhance the demand for Silicon Nitride Ceramics part since they are best used in high-temperature applications like brake pads and clutches.
- Silicon nitride with a high thermal conductivity substrate has become one of the most potential substrate materials for the next-generation power devices, which is probable to increase this industry in the future.
On the other hand, thehigh procurement and raw material expensesare restraining factors that might hinder future Silicon Nitride Ceramics Market growth.
North America Region to Capture the Market
In terms of region,North Americaholds the most substantial market revenue in theSilicon Nitride Ceramics Market and is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This surge is due to the growth in demand from the automotive sector in this region. Also,prominent market players such as Samsung SDI and Toshiba Corporation are responsible for the regional market growth of the Silicon Nitride Ceramics industry.
As stated in our extensive research report, the augmentation of the automotive industry impacts the demand for Silicon Nitride Ceramics, which has positively influenced the overall market sales.
Some of the key players in the Global Silicon Nitride Ceramics Market include- Toshiba Materials Co. Ltd. (Japan), Rogers Corporation (US), Kyocera Corporation (Japan), Maruwa Co. Ltd. (Japan), CoorsTek Inc. (US), Denka (Japan), Yantai Tomley Hi-tech Advanced Materials Co. Ltd. (China) and others.