The Global Sports Fitness Nutrition Foods Beverages Market is expected to reach 112,189.18 USD Million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 5.90% from 2022 to 2028. The increasing popularity of ready-to-drink beverages along with rising awareness about the consumption among consumers is anticipated to augment the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- The sports supplements segment held a significant share in 2021. This is attributable to the increasing consumption of protein supplements for muscle strengthening by athletes and gym-goers. Further, the availability of a large variety of protein supplements is also expected to support the segmental growth of the market.
- The post-workout segment is projected to grow at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period. This is attributable to the increasing awareness regarding its benefits among consumers such as enhanced muscle gain, repairing damaged muscles, recovery, and maintenance of muscle mass.
- The adult segment held a significant share in 2021. This is owing to the large number of consumers falling in this category and their involvement in fitness and sports activities. Additionally, the growing spending on health products and supplements is also expected to support the segmental growth of the market.
- The brick and mortar segment is projected to grow at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period. This is attributable to the availability of a large number of products in brick and mortar stores like small retail stores, specialty stores, grocery stores, fitness institutes, and general discount stores.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. China accounted for the largest share in APAC in 2021. This is attributable to the changing lifestyles of consumers in the region owing to the growing per capita income in economies such as China and India. Furthermore, the proliferation of health and fitness centers is also anticipated to support the regional growth of the market.
Some of the key players in the Sports Fitness Nutrition Foods Beverages market include Monster Beverage Corporation, CytoSport, Inc., Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc., Glanbia Plc, Glanbia Nutritionals Limited, Optimum Nutrition Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, GNC Holdings, Inc., Lucozade Ribena Suntory Ltd., Meiji Co., Ltd., MusclePharm, Nature's Bounty, Inc., Nestle SA, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., PepsiCo Inc., The Quaker Oats Company, Inc., Post Holdings, Inc., Red Bull GmbH, Rockstar Inc., The Balance Bar Company, Twinlab Consolidated Holdings, Inc., Vitaco Health Ltd., Weider Global Nutrition, LLC, Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd..
The increasing inclination of consumers towards physical fitness is anticipated to augment the growth of the Sports Fitness Nutrition Foods Beverages market in the years to come. This is attributable to the changing lifestyles, increasing purchasing power of consumers, and willingness to pay for healthier alternatives. Further, the shift of consumers towards healthy nutritional foods owing to the benefits it offers is also expected to increase the overall demand. Additionally, the increase in emphasis on staying healthy and rising participation in sports, sports clubs, health clubs, and gyms is also supporting the market growth. Moreover, an increase in the trend of marketing along with the rising e-commerce industry is also expected to create immense opportunities for the growth of the market within the forecast period.
North America held the largest shares in 2021. The US held the largest share in North America for the Sports Fitness Nutrition Foods Beverages market. This is attributable to the rising adoption of supplements in the region. Furthermore, the increased awareness regarding health in the region is also expected to fuel the regional growth of the market. Additionally, the presence of a large number of players and increasing demand for nutritional foods by consumers in the region is also expected to support the growth of the Sports Fitness Nutrition Foods Beverages market in the region.