In terms of revenue, the Global Gas Sensors Market is expected to reach USD 1316.7 Million by 2028, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.40% from 2022 to 2028.
The growth of portability and wireless capabilities, along with advancements in communication technologies, are the main factors propelling the market for Gas Sensors, enabling their integration into a variety of machines and devices to detect harmful gases at a safe distance. Gas emissions from numerous industrial operations, including home and industrial ones, are continuously controlled and monitored using Gas Sensors. The increasing need to reduce hazardous emissions from key industries also portends well for the market's expansion. Smart Gas Sensors are being created by gas sensor manufacturers thanks to technological advancements and breakthroughs. Additionally, several businesses are creating drone-based gas leak detection systems to improve safety for pipeline operators around the world.
Key Highlights from Report:
- The Electrochemical segment had its dominant share in the market in 2021 and is expected to maintain its dominance in the projected timelines. Electrochemical sensors are more in demand because they use less power, operate more safely overall, and have better specificity for the target gas. By oxidizing the target gas in the electrode and measuring the resulting current effectively, Electrochemical technology can determine the concentration of dangerous gases. Such factors are expected to create more demand for electrochemical technology in Gas Sensors from the mining sector.
- The Oxygen Gas Sensor held the biggest market share in 2021 due to the widespread usage of Oxygen detectors, analyzers, and monitors in the automotive, smart cities & building automation, food & beverage, and other industrial applications. As Oxygen Gas Sensors are utilized in incubators and other hypoxic life science goods, anesthetic monitors, respirators, and oxygen concentrators, medical equipment is another field in which they are used.
- The Gas SensorsMarket in the Asia Pacific (APAC) is anticipated to develop at the highest CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate). The region's market is expanding because of rising pollution levels in APAC nations. Air purifiers, air cleaners, and air quality monitors are becoming more and more popular as people become more conscious of how air pollution affects human health. As a result, the market for Gas Sensors in the APAC is expanding.
A gas sensor is a tool that determines the quantity or presence of gases in the surroundings or atmosphere. Based on the concentration of gases in the environment, the gas sensor displays a change in resistance of the material used in the sensor, which in turn is used to measure the output voltage. The significant factors impacting the growth of the global gas sensor market include increasing use of Gas Sensors in the defense& military industry, emerging demand for Gas Sensors in consumer electronics, and favorable government regulations regarding the use of Gas Sensors. However, the high initial cost of the sensors acts as the major barrier to its adoption, thereby hampering the growth of the market. On the contrary, growing trends toward the Internet of Things (IoT).
The Asia Pacific is predicted to generate the most income in the global market for Gas Sensors. Due to factors including stringent government restrictions and rising environmental consciousness in nations like China and India, as well as other considerations, Multiple well-established market competitors are present in the global market for Gas Sensors, which has heightened competition. It is projected that the market's top players will hold a sizable portion of the market.
The Global Gas Sensors Market is Segmented as follows:
- Gas Type
- Oxygen (O2)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Ammonia (NH3)
- Chlorine (Cl)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Methane (CH4)
- Photoionization Detection (PID)
- Solid-State/ Metal-Oxide Semiconductors
- Other Technologies
- Output Type
- Gas Analyzers & Monitors
- Gas Detectors
- Air Quality Monitors
- Air Purifiers/ Air Cleaners
- Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Medical Equipment
- Consumer Devices
- Automotive & Transportation
- Smart Cities & Building Automation
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Power Stations
- Medical Industry
- Metal & Chemical Industry
- Mining Industry
- Consumer Electronics Industry
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of the Key Players of the Global Gas Sensors Market is:
Honeywell Analytics (UK), MSA Safety Inc. (US), Amphenol (US), Figaro Engineering (Japan), Alphasense Ltd. (UK), Sensirion AG (Switzerland), Dynament Ltd. (UK), AMS AG (Austria), Membrapor AG (Switzerland), Senseair AB (Sweden)
The Global Gas Sensors Market Scope can be Tabulated as below:
|Market Size Provided for Years||2017 - 2030|
|Historic Years||2017 - 2021|
|Forecast Years||2023 - 2030|
|Regions & Counties Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|