The global Water Automation And Instrumentation Market is valued at USD 17.9 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 40.6 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 12.2% between 2023 and 2030.
According to the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Standards and Technology, more than $35 million in new grants and over $10 million in proposed investments to build a research infrastructure for Smart Cities. Nearly $70 million in new spending and over $45 million in proposed investments to unlock new solutions in safety, energy, climate preparedness, transportation, health, and more, by the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, Department of Energy, Department of Commerce, and the Environmental Protection Agency. More than 20 cities participating in major new multi-city collaborations that will help city leaders effectively collaborate with universities and industry. The growing trend of integrated smart cities and the development of smart infrastructure is contributing to the growth of the Water Automation And Instrumentation market.
Water Automation And Instrumentation Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
With the global population expected to reach nearly 10 billion by 2050, the demand for water is projected to increase by around 55%. This increased demand, coupled with the limited availability of freshwater resources, is putting pressure on water utilities and industries to manage their water resources more efficiently. Water Automation And Instrumentation systems play a crucial role in enabling efficient management of water resources by providing real-time information and control over water distribution networks. In addition, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has set specific guidelines and standards for the monitoring and control of water quality, driving the demand for Water Automation And Instrumentation systems. According to U.S. EPA, water quality criteria for pH in freshwater suggest a range of 6.5 to 9. Fluctuating or sustained pH outside this range physiologically stresses many species and can result in decreased reproduction, growth, disease, or death.
Furthermore, the increasing focus on reducing operational costs and improving energy efficiency is another key growth factor for the Water Automation And Instrumentation market. Water utilities and industries are under pressure to reduce their operational expenses while maintaining the quality and reliability of their services. For instance, Emerson Electric Co. introduced a Rosemount™ 1208 Level and Flow Transmitter Series, which are cost-effective radar sensors that help operators make their processes more efficient and less costly, while also offering ease of use in every step, from ordering to commissioning.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
- North America created more than 48.50% of revenue share in 2022,
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the market's most considerable growth during the forecast period,
- On the basis of the Process Stage, the treatment segment dominated the market and contributed more than 32.7% of the total revenue share in 2022,
- Based on Equipment, the liquid & gas analyzers segment accounted for the most significant market growth and contributed more than 30.2% of the total revenue share in 2022,
- Based on End Users, the Food & Beverages segment accounted for the potential market growth with more than 25.4% of the total revenue share in 2022.
Economic growth is a significant factor influencing the Water Automation And Instrumentation market. Higher GDP growth rates indicate increased economic activity, industrialization, and urbanization, which can positively impact the demand for Water Automation And Instrumentation solutions. As economies grow, there is a greater need for efficient water management and monitoring systems to support industries, municipalities, and residential areas. Government investments in water infrastructure projects and environmental initiatives have a direct impact on the Water Automation And Instrumentation market. Governments allocate funds for the development and modernization of water treatment plants, wastewater management systems, and smart water grids. Increased government spending in these areas boosts the demand for advanced automation and instrumentation technologies.
Top Market Trends
- Increasing Demand for Water Management Solutions: The increased requirement for practical water usage and conservation is driving demand for water management systems. The majority of water management solutions are built on automation and instrumentation. Furthermore, the global population continues to grow at a rapid pace. According to the United Nations, the global population will reach 9.7 billion by 2050. This expanding population strains freshwater supplies, needing effective water management methods. Furthermore, rapid urbanization is taking place worldwide, with more people relocating to cities in quest of better prospects. According to the World Bank, over 55% of the global population resided in towns in 2018, which is anticipated to rise to 68% by 2050. Urban areas require effective water management systems to meet the needs of their residents.
- Advancements in Technology: Technological advancements such as the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML) are propelling the Water Automation And Instrumentation industry forward. These technologies are being used to create intelligent water management systems capable of real-time monitoring and control of water usage. Furthermore, significant progress has been made in integrating new sensors in Water Automation And Instrumentation systems. These sensors can monitor and deliver real-time data to control systems on characteristics such as water quality, flow rate, and pressure. Another technological innovation in Water Automation And Instrumentation is data collection, integration, and analysis using advanced data analytics. This information can optimize water consumption, detect leaks, and predict equipment breakdowns.
The global Water Automation And Instrumentation market can be categorized on the following: Process Stage, Equipment, End User, and Region. Based on Process Stage, the market can be categorized into Collection, Distribution, and Treatment. Furthermore, based on Equipment, the market is sub-segmented into Pressure & Temperature Transmitter, Level Transmitter, Electromagnetic Flow Meters, Liquid &Gas Analyzers, Leakage Detection Systems, and Other Equipment. Additionally, based on End User, the market can be split between Chemical & Pharmaceutical, Metal Fabrication, Automotive & Aerospace, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, and Other End Users. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on the Process Stage
Treatment Process Stage Segment to Accommodate Maximum Market Share Due to the Use of Advanced Automation and Instrumentation Technologies
The Treatment process stage segment dominated the market in 2022. In Water Automation And Instrumentation, the Treatment Process stage section refers to the specific phase of water treatment when various procedures are used to cleanse water and make it suitable for consumption or other specified applications. The use of modern automation and instrumentation technologies to monitor, regulate, and optimize the treatment processes is covered in this segment. Depending on the specific needs and the source water quality, the treatment process stage segment may involve numerous steps.
Based on Equipment
Liquid &Gas Analyzers to Mention Dominion Owing to Monitor and Maintain Better Water Quality Standards
The liquid &gas analyzers market is expected to expand the fastest between 2023 and 2030. Liquid & Gas Analyzers are primarily used to assess water quality characteristics such as pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen, turbidity, and chemical concentrations. They contribute to monitoring and maintaining water quality standards in various applications, including drinking water treatment, industrial operations, and environmental monitoring.
Based on the End User
Food and Beverages to Express Dominion owing to Enhance the Efficiency and Productivity
Food and drinks are expected to expand the fastest between 2023 and 2030. Water is one of the most significant raw elements in food and beverage processing. Thus water quality is critical to product quality and operational reliability. Water and wastewater automation in the food and beverage sector can save the company money while eliminating errors and waste, increasing efficiency and production, and increasing profit margins. Furthermore, food and beverage industry organizations are implementing numerous automation and instrumentation approaches. For instance, a food processing plant in Peru faced natural groundwater contamination with high turbidity and arsenic, making it unsuitable for food processing.
Based on Region
North America to Dominate Global Sales Owing to Changing Lifestyles and Increasing Popularity
Water scarcity, aging infrastructure, and the necessity for efficient water distribution systems have all been challenges facing North America regarding water management. This has resulted in a greater emphasis on improving water management practices, increasing the demand for automation and instrumentation technologies. Furthermore, substantial restrictions are in place to protect water quality and safety standards. These regulations apply to water treatment plants, wastewater treatment facilities, and other infrastructure. As a result, automation and instrumentation systems are critical in monitoring and managing water operations to meet regulatory standards, boosting the industry's growth.
The Asia Pacific region's Water Automation And Instrumentation business has grown significantly in recent years. Several reasons contribute to this expansion, including population increase, urbanization, industrial development, and growing concerns about water scarcity. Furthermore, many countries in the Asia Pacific area have water management difficulties such as scarcity, pollution, and inefficient water distribution systems. To meet these issues, advanced automation and instrumentation technologies must be implemented to optimize water usage, monitor water quality, and increase overall water management efficiency.
The Water Automation And Instrumentation industry's competitive landscape is highly fragmented. To gain a competitive advantage, significant firms form strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures. Furthermore, producers focus on capacity expansions and R&D for new product development in order to provide consumers with trend-setting products.
The key players in the global Water Automation And Instrumentation market include - ABB Ltd. (Switzerland), Emerson Electric Co. (U.S.), General Electric Company (U.S.), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), Schneider Electric SE (France), Siemens AG (Germany), Yokogawa Electric Corporation (Japan), Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.), Endress+Hauser AG (Switzerland), Rockwell Automation Inc. (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- May 2022 - Schneider Electric partnered with Roca Group to accelerate decarbonization. Roca Group, a world leader in the design, production, and commercialization of products, defines a new roadmap toward decarbonization, establishing a single, global strategy across the Group.
- March 2021 - General Electric Company unveiled enhancements to its CIMPLICITY and Tracker software that provide critical decision support for operators to make them more efficient. CIMPLICITY is an ideal solution for industrial companies building remote operations centers, including power and water utilities with multiple locations. New releases deliver increased integration with Proficy Operations Hub and Proficy Historian to provide centralized web-based visualization, control, and data in context.
- November 2020 - PUB, Singapore's National Water Agency, issued ABB a contract for a complete site-wide plant monitoring and control system for the Tuas Water Reclamation Plant valued at USD 30 million.
Segmentation of the Global Water Automation And Instrumentation Market
- Process Stage (Collection, Distribution, Treatment)
- Equipment (Pressure & Temperature Transmitter, Level Transmitter, Electromagnetic Flow Meters, Liquid & Gas Analyzers, Leakage Detection Systems, Other Equipment)
- End User (Chemical & Pharmaceutical, Metal Fabrication, Automotive & Aerospace, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, Other End Users)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- ABB Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Emerson Electric Co. (U.S.)
- General Electric Company (U.S.)
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan)
- Schneider Electric SE (France)
- Siemens AG (Germany)
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation (Japan)
- Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.)
- Endress+Hauser AG (Switzerland)
- Rockwell Automation Inc. (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options