The global Vaccine Contract Manufacturing Market is valued at USD 3.1 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 7.4 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 11.5% between 2023 and 2030.
Technological advancements in vaccine production, notably cell-based and recombinant vaccines, drive significant benefits for the Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market. These innovations result in higher yields, cost reductions, and improved vaccine efficacy, bolstering the industry's growth and potential to address global health challenges effectively. Amidst an ever-evolving landscape, both pharmaceutical companies and academic researchers are actively engaged in pioneering the development of inactivated vaccine candidates across various medical indications. The inactivated vaccine segment shows immense promise, buoyed by approvals from health authorities. Notably, as of April 2022, the World Health Organization has sanctioned ten COVID-19 vaccines, with three belonging to the inactivated type, including CoronaVac (Sinovac), Sinopharm, and COVAXIN (Bharat Biotech). These approvals underscore the significance of inactivated vaccines in combating the pandemic. Furthermore, India's Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) also contributed to the advancement, granting emergency use approval for Bharat Biotech's COVAXIN for children aged 6-12 years. This momentous progress signals a brighter future in global vaccination efforts.
Vaccine Contract Manufacturing Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The Vaccine Contract Manufacturing industry is poised for significant growth in the foreseeable future, propelled by ongoing research and development of novel vaccines and the expansion of vaccination programs worldwide. Notably, the United States has been actively engaged in polio eradication endeavors, playing a pivotal role as a partner and the second-largest donor to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative. Additionally, the US has shown unwavering support for developing-country efforts in this crucial initiative. With an estimated polio funding of USD 253 million in 2022, such concerted efforts and investments signify the country's commitment to global health and underscore the potential for further advancements in Vaccine Contract Manufacturing.
- Demand for Inactivated Vaccines is projected to surge based on Vaccine Type, leading to significant growth in the Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market from 2023 to 2030.
- Among various Service Types, the Fill-Finish segment is expected to dominate the global market share from 2023 to 2030.
- Across the globe, the Single Vaccine segment is poised to hold the largest market share from 2023 to 2030.
- In 2022, North America emerged as the market leader with the highest revenue share of 42.50%.
- The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to exhibit substantial growth at a high Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) from 2023 to 2030.
Top Market Trends
- The Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market involves outsourcing manufacturing activities for vaccines. Companies in the pharmaceutical industry often rely on contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) to handle the production of their vaccines. This outsourcing allows companies to focus on their core competencies while benefiting from the expertise and resources of CMOs. The market for Vaccine Contract Manufacturing is driven by factors such as increasing vaccine demand, rising government initiatives for vaccination programs, and the need for cost-effective manufacturing solutions. With the growth of the Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market, CMOs are poised to play a significant role in meeting the global demand for vaccines.
- The Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market has witnessed a substantial increase in partnerships and collaborations among pharmaceutical companies and contract manufacturing organizations. These alliances have been established to leverage both parties' strengths and expertise, leading to enhanced manufacturing capabilities and increased vaccine production capacities. Contract manufacturers can access new technologies and resources through such partnerships, while pharmaceutical companies can focus on research and development activities. This trend has contributed to the growth of the Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market, as it allows for a more streamlined and efficient vaccine production process to meet the rising global demand.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Government initiatives to raise vaccination awareness are essential in driving the growth of the Vaccine Contract Manufacturing industry during the forecast period. An illustrative example is the Government of Canada's proactive approach in August 2022 when it released the Canadian Immunization Guide Chapter on Influenza and Statement on Seasonal Influenza Vaccine for 2022–2023. This guide provided updated recommendations for using seasonal influenza vaccines in Canada, notably authorizing Supemtek (RIV4), a recombinant quadrivalent seasonal influenza vaccine, for administration to Canadian adults aged 18 and older. By championing vaccination endeavors, such initiatives foster a conducive environment for vaccine manufacturing and bolster regional market expansion. Additionally, according to the WHO Updates in July 2022, the United States has been involved in polio-eradication efforts as a partner and the second-largest donor to the Polio Eradication Initiative and as a supporter of developing-country efforts. Polio funding in the United States is estimated to have been USD 253 million in 2022.
The global Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market can be categorized on the following
The globel Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market can be categorized into Vaccine Type, Service Type, Product Type, Region. The Market can be categorized into Live Attenuated Vaccines , Conjugate Vaccines, Subunit Subunit Vaccines, Inactivated Vaccines, Recombinant Vector Vaccines, Toxoid Vaccines, Synthetic Vaccines based on Vaccine Type. The Market can be categorized into Fill-Finish, Bulk Product based on Service Type. The Market can be categorized into Single Vaccine, Combination Vaccine based on Product Type. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on the Vaccine Type
Inactivated Vaccines to Accommodate Maximum Market Share Due To Its Their High Efficacy and Widespread Use
In 2022, inactivated vaccines dominated the market. Inactivated vaccines kill pathogens or viral particles, which are then introduced into the body to trigger an immune response. These vaccines offer several advantages, such as prolonged immune response and increased safety. Additionally, inactivated vaccines have a longer shelf life and can be stored at higher temperatures, making them easier to distribute and administer. With the rising demand for vaccines due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the increasing awareness about immunization, the market for inactivated vaccines is anticipated to grow substantially. Contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) are crucial in meeting the global vaccine demand by partnering with pharmaceutical companies to manufacture and distribute vaccines efficiently. With their expertise in manufacturing, CMOs enable the rapid production of inactivated vaccines while maintaining quality and safety standards. Hence, inactivated vaccines are expected to dominate the market share in the Vaccine Contract Manufacturing sector.
Based on Service Type
Fill-finish to Express Dominion Owing to Its Crucial Role in the Final Stages of Vaccine Production
Based on the service type, the Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market is set to experience significant growth attributed to the rising demand for vaccines globally. Among the fill-finish and bulk product service types, fill-finish is expected to emerge as the dominant segment. Fill-finish services involve the final stage of vaccine manufacturing, including the filling and packaging of vaccines into dosage forms. With the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases and the urgent need for vaccines, the demand for fill-finish services is projected to surge. The market growth can also be attributed to technological advancements and the shift towards outsourcing manufacturing processes.
Based on Product Type
Single Vaccine to Express Dominion Owing to High Demand and Widespread Use of Vaccines for Diseases Such as Influenza, Measles, And Hepatitis
In 2022, a single vaccine emerged as the global market leader, pivotal in immunization efforts. Designed to target specific diseases, these vaccines are integral to routine immunization programs, effectively preventing and controlling infectious diseases. Offering advantages like simplified administration schedules reduced adverse reaction risk, and heightened immunogenicity, they outperform combination vaccines. Their ease of manufacturing and distribution further contributed to their dominant market share. The growing prevalence of infectious diseases and government support for immunization initiatives fueled the rising demand for these single vaccines, solidifying their critical position in global health endeavors.
Based on Region
North America to Lead Global Sales Owing to Increasing Demand for Vaccines and The Presence of Major Pharmaceutical Companies in the Region
The presence of a well established pharmaceutical industry, advanced healthcare infrastructure, and favorable government initiatives has fueled the demand for Vaccine Contract Manufacturing in North America. Furthermore, the region has a large pool of contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) specializing in vaccine production, providing expertise and advanced technologies for manufacturing vaccines. These CMOs offer various services, including formulation development, process optimization, scale-up, and manufacturing, filling and finishing, and quality control. Moreover, North America has been at the forefront of vaccine development and production, with several major pharmaceutical companies and research institutions in the region. This has further contributed to the dominance of North America in the global Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market.
In 2022, the market in the Asia Pacific region has grown rapidly. This can be attributed to various factors, such as the increasing incidence of infectious diseases, the rising population, and many contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) in countries like China and India. Additionally, the region is witnessing a rise in government initiatives and investments in the healthcare sector, further supporting the growth of Vaccine Contract Manufacturing. Furthermore, the Asia Pacific region offers cost advantages regarding labor and production facilities, making it an attractive destination for companies seeking contract manufacturing services.
The Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market is highly competitive, with several key players dominating the industry. Some of the major players in the market include Merck & Co., Inc., Charles River Laboratories, Cytovance Biologics, Lonza Group, and Pfizer, Inc. These companies have a strong presence in the market due to their extensive manufacturing capabilities, technological advancements, and global reach. Additionally, strategic partnerships and collaborations with other pharmaceutical companies and research organizations are helping these companies to strengthen their market position further. The market is witnessing intense competition, with companies focusing on product quality, capacity expansion, and technological innovation to gain a competitive edge.
The key players in the global Vaccine Contract Manufacturing market include - Ajinomoto Co. Inc. (Japan), Albany Molecular Research Inc. (U.S.), Catalent Inc. (U.S.), Cobra Biologics Limited (UK), Cytovance Biologics Inc. (U.S.), Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (Japan), ICON PLC (Ireland), IDT Biologika GmbH (Germany), Lonza Group AG (Switzerland), Merck KGaA (Germany), Pharmaceutical Product Development LLC (U.S.), PRA Health Sciences Inc. (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In August 2022, Moderna has partnered with the Canadian government to establish an mRNA vaccine manufacturing facility in Canada, with a location to be determined. This collaboration aims to provide Canadians with domestically produced mRNA vaccines targeting respiratory illnesses, including SARS-Cov-2, influenza, and respiratory syncytial virus.
- In June 2022, Merck and Agilent Technologies joined forces to enhance downstream processing through collaborative advancements in process analytical technologies, addressing existing gaps.
- In June 2022, Moderna and Lonza teamed up in the Netherlands for an extended COVID-19 vaccine drug production partnership.
Segmentation of the Global Vaccine Contract Manufacturing Market
- Vaccine Type (Live Attenuated Vaccines , Conjugate Vaccines, Subunit Subunit Vaccines, Inactivated Vaccines, Recombinant Vector Vaccines, Toxoid Vaccines, Synthetic Vaccines)
- Service Type (Fill-Finish, Bulk Product)
- Product Type (Single Vaccine, Combination Vaccine)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Ajinomoto Co. Inc. (Japan)
- Albany Molecular Research Inc. (U.S.)
- Catalent Inc. (U.S.)
- Cobra Biologics Limited (UK)
- Cytovance Biologics Inc. (U.S.)
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (Japan)
- ICON PLC (Ireland)
- IDT Biologika GmbH (Germany)
- Lonza Group AG (Switzerland)
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
- Pharmaceutical Product Development LLC (U.S.)
- PRA Health Sciences Inc. (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options