The global Silanes Market was valued at USD 1.8 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 2.68 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.9% over the forecast period.
Silanes is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula, SiH4. It is a colorless, pyrophoric, toxic gas with a sharp and repulsive smell. It is like the smell of acetic acid. The global Silanes market is expected to increase during the forecast period owing to rising product demand from rapidly developing end-use industries and increased paint and coating use. Additionally, increasing demand from the construction sector and increasing construction activities in Asia Pacific, Western Europe, and the North American region are expected to contribute to the global Silanes market. Silanes are used for various industrial coatings, adhesives, and plastic components. It is also extremely lightweight, durable, and cost-effective, expected to increase the market's footprint further.
Silanes Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Higher product requirements from paints and coating formulators are expected to add value to the global Silanes market. Rising usage of adhesive and sealant formulators within the Asia Pacific region from emerging economies such as China, Japan, India, Thailand, and Malaysia will further increase the footprint of the global market. Factors such as the rising construction of green buildings, complex residential expansions, and increasing renovation activities are expected to drive Silanes demand. Silanes are also heavily utilized within the electronic industry, wherein Silanes gas is an integral component of semiconductor manufacturing. The growing requirement for electronic gadgets and an expanding consumer electronic sector are expected to drive the global Silanes market during the forecast period.
Rising environmental awareness is fuelling the demand for highly-effective, solvent-free, and UV-curved coatings, thereby fuelling the growth of Silanes in the formulation of solvent-free coatings. These factors are expected to add value to drive the paintings and coating industry, thereby proportionally increasing the Silanes market's footprint. Advancements in technology, rising urbanization, and rising requirements for electronic gadgets will augment the value of the global Silanes market. Silanes are heavily used in the electronic segment within lithography and processing auxiliaries as an insulating layer. Growing demand for various Silanes products as crosslinking agents, adhesion promoters, and coupling agents is further anticipated to drive growth during the forecast period.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The recession has particularly hit the U.S. and other European nations, including Germany and the U.K. The World Bank claims that due to global central banks raising interest rates in response to inflation, a worldwide recession is anticipated to occur in 2023. Due to a slowdown in manufacturing, the industry is seeing modest growth. Businesses must contend with labor scarcity and rising raw material prices. The primary industrial sector was impacted by and still feels the effects of Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Both regions are heavily dependent on agriculture. It has been predicted that if things worsen, there may be a food and energy crisis, particularly in nations that depend on European countries for both.
Top Market Trends
1. Increasing Application to Drive Market: Silanes are used in many high-performance coating, metal treatment, and resin systems. They are used in the form of adhesion promoters, which is a binding agent between organic resins and inorganic substrates. Silanes are also used as a coupling agent for pigment and filters to improve the scrubbing ability, thereby increasing adhesion performance. Increasing demand for paints and coating is expected to rise over the foreseeable future, thereby increasing the footprint of the global Silanes market during the forecast.
2. Emerging Usage in Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics, and the Semiconductor Industry: The Silanes market is expected to expand with Silanes innovation and advancement, creating lucrative opportunities for established and upcoming market players. These advancements create immense opportunities for emerging Silanes applications within the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries. The new pathways for newer applications by the cosmetics and personal care companies are advancing within the hair care segments, creating significant opportunities for the Silanes market to expand.
3. Rising Technological Advancements: The rising demand for elastomeric products in colors other than black and growing with the same mechanical properties, such as carbon black, is the key to effectively binding various minerals to the polymer phase. Organic Silanes is an excellent bonding material between silica and rubber. This discovery will mark the pathway for silica/Silanes technology. Functional organoSilanes are used with white fillers in the rubber industry as an adhesion enhancer for many products. They guarantee the final deliverable product's improved physical properties and increase rubber compounds' processability during mixing and extrusion processes.
The global Silanes market can be segmented into Product, Application, and Region. Based on the Product, the market can be categorized into Alkyl Silanes, Sulfur Silanes, Amino Silanes, Vinyl Silanes, Epoxy Silanes, Methacrylate Silanes, Mono/Chloro Silanes, and Other Products. Furthermore, based on Application, the market can be further segmented into Paints & Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Rubber & Plastics, Fiber Treatment, Electronics & Semiconductor, and Other Applications. Likewise, based on Region, the market is further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
Mono/Chloro Silanes to Account for the Largest Market Share Owing to its Inability to Act as an Intermediary
The global Silanes market is expected to be dominated by the mono/chloro segment in terms of sales and revenue. Factors such as the ability to act as an intermediary in producing ultrapure silicone combined with heavy utilization in the semiconductor industry is expected to increase the segmental value. Additionally, it can act as a protecting agent for pharmaceutical intermediaries. It is also used as coatings for glass surfaces and silicon and in producing silicone polymers. This gives the segmental value for the mono/chloro segment immense value. Amino Silanes is expected to grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to its coupling agent, adhesion promoter, and resin additive application.
Based on Application
Paints and Coatings to Lead Largest Market Share Due to Rising Demand for Different Coating Applications
Paints and coatings will account for the largest market share during the forecast period in revenue and share. Factors such as rising demand for Silanes products from numerous coating applications, such as emulsion paints for automotive, aircraft, marine, and interior and exterior decorative coatings, will add value to the paints and coatings segment. Additionally, increasing demand for cargo and defense aircraft combined with increasing infrastructure beautification from developing economies is expected to contribute to the global Silanes market. Adhesives and sealants are expected to grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to the increasing application within crosslinking agents, adhesion promoters, reinforcers, and drying agents.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market Due to Expanding Manufacturing Sectors in Developing Countries
The global Silanes market is expected to be dominated by the Asia Pacific market during the forecast period in terms of sales and growth. Factors such as rising manufacturing from emerging economies such as Vietnam, South Korea, Thailand, China, Japan, and India, combined with increasing demand for plastic compounds and rubber substrates from various applications within the automotive, industrial machinery, construction, and electrical industry will add value to the regional market. Studies have indicated that India and China are witnessing a spike in automotive production due to rapid technological transfer from Western countries. Taiwan has a well-established infrastructure for a budding electronic and electrical sector. This will add value to the Asia Pacific Silanes market during the forecast period.
North America will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period due to the rising automotive and construction sectors and residential infrastructure. Additionally, rising demand for adhesives and sealants is expected to increase the number of large-scale plant manufacturing adhesives, fuelling the growth of the Silanes market in North America.
The global Silanes market is concentrated and consolidated due to numerous players that have established an international presence. These players have formed a diverse product portfolio and are spending heavily within their research and development departments. The industry also has a few small- and medium-scale enterprises across the globe, especially in Asia Pacific and Central America, innovating new products constantly to cater to their native markets.
The key players in the global Silanes market include - Genest Inc. (U.S.), Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan), Nitrochemie Aschau GmbH (Switzerland), Silar (Entegris), Dow Corning (Midland), Evonik Industries (Germany), Wacker Chemie AG (Germany), Power Chemical Corp. (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
· October 2021: WACKER announced they acquired a 60 percent stake in SICO Performance Material Co. Ltd, a specialty Silanes manufacturer.
· January 2021: Momentive Performance Materials, Inc. announced that they were acquiring KCC Corporation's (KCC) Silicones business in Korea and the U.K. Additionally, they announced that they were developing the sales operations for KCC in China.
· November 2020: Momentive Performance Materials, Inc. announced they were selling their Consumer Sealants Business to Henkel Corporation.
· April 2020: Bluestar Elkem Silicones announced that they acquired Polysil, a leading player in silicone manufacturing in China. Additionally, Polysil is also a manufacturer of silicone elastomer and resin material.
· April 2020: BRB Silicone announced that they were expanding their business by appointing a new full subsidiary – BRB North America Inc., to expand their sales and distribution of silicon products in the U.S. and Canada.
Segmentation of the Global Silanes Market
- Product (Alkyl Silane, Sulfur Silane, Amino Silane, Vinyl Silane, Epoxy Silane, Methacrylate Silane, Mono/Chloro Silane, Other Products)
- Application (Paints & Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Rubber & Plastics, Fiber Treatment, Electronics & Semiconductor, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Genest Inc. (U.S.)
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Nitrochemie Aschau GmbH (Switzerland)
- Silar (Entegris)
- Dow Corning (Midland)
- Evonik Industries (Germany)
- Wacker Chemie AG (Germany)
- Power Chemical Corp. (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options