The global Sic Fibers Market is valued at USD 0.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 3.1 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 25.6% between 2023 and 2030.
According to the Vehicle Technologies report, advanced materials are essential for boosting the fuel economy of modern automobiles while maintaining safety and performance. Because it takes less energy to accelerate a lighter object than a heavier one, lightweight materials offer great potential for increasing vehicle efficiency. A 10% reduction in vehicle weight can result in a 6%-8% fuel economy improvement. According to their report, using lightweight components and high-efficiency engines, the U.S. fleet could save more than 5 billion gallons of fuel annually by 2030. Additionally, NASA's Glenn Research Center said that the silicon carbide (SiC) fibers and SiC/SiC ceramic matrix composites (CMCs) could be used in high-temperature structural applications, such as hot components in gas turbine engines because of their significant benefits, including metallic superalloys, monolithic ceramics, carbon fiber composites, and oxide/oxide ceramic composites. Thus, the increasing focus on lightweight materials in the aerospace and automotive industries also drives the demand for Sic Fibers. These fibers are lightweight but strong, which helps reduce the overall weight of vehicles and aircraft, leading to improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.
Sic Fibers Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
According to the Energy Report, power generation based on renewable energy sources is expected to account for 50% of the European Union, approximately 30% in China & Japan, and over 25% in the United States & India by 2040. In addition, solar energy technology can provide approximately 7% of the projected total electricity needs of the world by 2030 and 25% by 2050, published by MDPI Journal. They also stated that numerous CSP plants have been constructed, 68 of which are currently operating and producing 4569.55 MWe. Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) projects currently in development or under construction in over 12 countries (including China, India, Morocco, Spain, the United States, and South Africa) are expected to produce a total of 15 GW in 2030. These developments signify the positive momentum in renewable energy adoption and the potential of solar power to contribute to the global energy landscape significantly. Thus, the growing emphasis on renewable energy sources and the increasing use of Sic Fibers in manufacturing solar panels also contribute to the market growth.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
- North America accounted for the largest growth, with a revenue share of 48.5% in 2022,
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period,
- Based on Phase, the Crystalline segment accounted for the largest market growth and contributed more than 52.7% of the total revenue share in 2022,
- Based on Application, the aerospace & defense segment revealed the most significant market growth and contributed more than 38.6% of the total revenue share in 2022.
Governments and industries worldwide increasingly focus on renewable energy sources to reduce carbon emissions and mitigate climate change. Sic Fibers find applications in next-generation nuclear reactors developed to generate clean and safe nuclear power. This shift towards renewable energy will accelerate the demand for Sic Fibers. The supply chain of Sic Fibers involves multiple stages, including raw material procurement, production, distribution, and end-use applications. It is a complex process involving various players, including raw material suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end-users.
Top Market Trends
- Increasing demand for lightweight and high-strength materials: The demand for lightweight and high-strength materials is growing in various industries, including aerospace and defense, automotive, and energy. Lighter materials reduce component weight, improving fuel efficiency, emissions, and performance. Because of their unique features, including high modulus, high tensile strength, and low density, Sic Fibers are suited for lightweight and high-strength applications. Sic Fibers offer a higher strength-to-weight ratio than other materials, making them an excellent choice for high-performance components.
- Growing focus on energy efficiency: Sic Fibers have excellent thermal conductivity and resistance to high temperatures, making them suitable for use in energy-efficient applications such as heat exchangers, fuel cells, and power generation systems. The increasing focus on energy efficiency in various industries fuels the demand for Sic Fibers. In addition, several key players in the Sic Fibers market are investing heavily in research and development activities to enhance the performance and quality of Sic Fibers. This has led to the development of advanced Sic Fibers with improved mechanical and thermal properties, thereby driving market growth.
The global Sic Fibers market can be categorized as Phase, Application, and Region. Based on Phase, the market can be categorized into Crystalline and Amorphous. Similarly, based on Application, the market can be split further into Aerospace & Defense, Energy & Power, Industrial, and Other Applications. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Phase
Crystalline to Lead Maximum Market Share Due to the Unique Properties of Crystalline Sic Fibers
In 2022, the Crystalline segment dominated the market. Crystalline Sic Fibers have many applications in aerospace, defense, energy, and high-tech industries. The growth of the crystalline segment in the Sic Fibers industry has been driven by the unique properties of crystalline Sic Fibers and their ability to meet the demanding requirements of various applications.
Based on Application
Aerospace & Defense Segment Expected to Dominate Owing to the Increased Defense Spending to Modernize Their Military Equipment
The Aerospace & Defense segment is expected to witness the fastest market growth during the forecast period. The development of the aerospace & defense segment in the SiC fiber industry has been driven by several factors. Firstly, defense spending has increased globally as countries in the Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East look to modernize their military equipment. This has led to an increase in demand for high-performance components. For instance, China’s National University of Defense Technology and Xiamen University have done much fruitful work in SiC fiber, precursor polyaluminocarbosilane, and polymethylsilane synthesis.
Based on Region
North America to Dominate Global Sales Owing to the Presence of Major Automotive Manufacturers
The increasing demand for Sic Fibers in the aerospace industry, growing research and development activities in SiC fiber technology, and the need for lightweight composite materials are among the driving factors for the market growth of Sic Fibers in North America. In addition, There is intense competition among market players, and major players are focusing on partnerships and joint ventures with research institutions and universities to develop innovative technologies that can boost market share. For instance, Dow DuPont announced a collaboration with the University of California, Berkeley, to develop Sic Fibers and composites with improved performance for high-temperature applications in July 2022.
The Sic Fibers industry in the Asia Pacific has witnessed significant growth in recent years and is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. The key drivers behind this growth are the increasing demand for Sic Fibers in various end-use industries such as aerospace, defense, energy & power and the growing investment in the research and development of advanced materials. The Asia Pacific region is expected to be the fastest-growing market for Sic Fibers, with China, Japan, and India being the major players in the Region. The Sic Fibers industry in the Asia Pacific is highly competitive, with several significant players focusing on expanding their production capacity and developing new products with superior properties.
The players in the Sic Fibers industry contribute significantly to the growth and development of the industry by leveraging their expertise, resources, and market insights to identify emerging trends, customer needs and develop superior products and services that meet or exceed customer expectations.
The key players in the global Sic Fibers market include - American Elements (U.S.), BJS Ceramics GmbH (Germany), Free Form Fibers LLC (U.S.), GE Aviation (U.S.), Haydale Technologies Inc. (U.S.), NGS Advanced Fibers Co. Ltd. (Japan), Nippon Carbon Co. Ltd. (Japan), Saint Gobain (France), SGL Carbon SE (Germany), UBE Industries Ltd. (Japan) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- May 2023: BJS Ceramics signed a partnership agreement with ITP Aero to develop next-generation ceramic fibers and their application into Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMCs) components for the next-generation aero-engines.
- March 2023: SGL Carbon SE, a leading manufacturer of products from carbon, has expanded its capacities to support Wolfspeed, a developer & manufacturer of wide-bandgap semiconductors, to grow the silicon carbide high-performance application sector.
- March 2022: GE Aviation introduced a new channel partner, Digi-Key Electronics, to market and distribute GE’s Silicon Carbide (SiC) power modules for industrial vehicles, aviation, and military applications.
Segmentation of the Global Sic Fibers Market
- Phase (Crystalline, Amorphous)
- Application (Aerospace & Defense, Energy & Power, Industrial, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- American Elements (U.S.)
- BJS Ceramics GmbH (Germany)
- Free Form Fibers LLC (U.S.)
- GE Aviation (U.S.)
- Haydale Technologies Inc. (U.S.)
- NGS Advanced Fibers Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Nippon Carbon Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Saint Gobain (France)
- SGL Carbon SE (Germany)
- UBE Industries Ltd. (Japan)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options