The global Proteomics Market is valued at USD 35.2 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 107.66 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 15% between 2023 and 2030.
The market for Proteomics is expanding due to the growing need for tailored therapeutics and the need to comprehend complicated diseases better. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has data that projects the global Proteomics industry to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of almost 12% between 2022 and 2030. Technological developments in mass spectrometry and protein separation methods, along with an increasing emphasis on biomarker discovery for early illness diagnosis, are responsible for this significant expansion. Proteomics technologies and services are in high demand due to the growth in research and development activities, especially in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The proteome market is expected to grow in the upcoming years as the healthcare sector comes to understand the importance of Proteomics in discovering new treatment targets and creating precision medicine.
Proteomics Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The increasing prevalence of complex diseases necessitating in-depth proteomic research is a significant driver for the market.
- The chromatography segment will continue to assert its dominance by instrument technologies, capturing the largest market share globally throughout the forecast period 2023 to 2030.
- In 2022, North America exhibited its market prowess, achieving the highest revenue share of over 36%.
- The Asia Pacific region is poised for remarkable growth, displaying a noteworthy Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) between 2023 and 2030.
Top Market Trends
- Integration of machine learning and artificial intelligence is a significant current trend in the Proteomics business. Large datasets produced by proteomic studies are being analyzed by AI algorithms, which makes it possible for researchers to more quickly and effectively find relevant patterns, putative biomarkers, and therapeutic targets. This trend facilitates the understanding of complex biological data, which not only improves the accuracy of proteomic analysis but also speeds up the drug discovery process.
- The merging of Proteomics with other "omics" fields, including transcriptomics, metabolomics, and genomics, is another noteworthy development. Researchers can gain a thorough understanding of biological systems using the holistic approach known as multi-omics, which enables them to comprehend the complex molecular pathways that underlie diseases. Scientists can find new insights into disease pathways by integrating information from several omics layers. This opens the door to more specialized treatment interventions and personalized medicine strategies.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Economic factors have had a considerable impact on the Proteomics industry; the COVID-19 pandemic has had both positive and bad effects. The World Health Organization (WHO) reported that the pandemic first caused market disruptions because it delayed research, affected supply chains, and cut financing for programs unrelated to COVID-19. Nonetheless, more money is now available for proteome research, especially in the area of viral Proteomics, as a result of the pressing need to comprehend the virus and create vaccines. The market's expansion was supported by this spike in investment, which also sped up the creation of diagnostic tools and possible treatments. Furthermore, rising healthcare spending is anticipated to fuel market expansion as economies improve.
The Global Market is categorized into the segments as mentioned below:
The globel Proteomics market can be categorized into Instrumentation Technologies, Reagent, Software & Services, Application, End User, Region. The Market can be categorized into Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Electrophoresis, Protein Microarrays, X-Ray Crystallography, Surface Plasmon Resonance, Protein Fractionation, Other Technologies based on Instrumentation Technologies. The Market can be categorized into Immunoassays Reagents, Spectroscopy Reagents, Chromatography Reagents, Protein Microarray Reagents, X-ray Crystallography Reagents, Electrophoresis Reagents, Protein Fractionation Reagents, Other Reagents based on Reagent. The Market can be categorized into Core Proteomics Services, Bioinformation Software & Services based on Software & Services. The Market can be categorized into Clinical Diagnostics, Drug Discovery & Development, Other Applications based on Application. The Market can be categorized into Hospitals, Clinical Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic Research Laboratories, Other End Users based on End User. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Instrument Technologies
Chromatography Will be Utilized at the Maximum owing to Increasing Adaptability.
The most often utilized technique in the Proteomics sector is chromatography. This is mostly because of its adaptability and efficiency in disentangling intricate protein blends. Methods of chromatography, including liquid and gas chromatography, are essential for isolating particular proteins of interest and purifying proteins. Their exceptional scalability, resolution, and precision make them invaluable for a wide range of proteomic applications, including drug development, structural analysis, and biomarker identification. Furthermore, chromatography has developed over time with innovations like mass spectrometry (LC-MS) and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), which have improved its capacity for protein analysis. Chromatography is widely used because it is essential for obtaining pure and well-characterized protein samples, which is a necessary step in proteomic research.
Based on Reagent
Chromatography Reagents to Increase its Footprint due to Increasing Significance
In 2022, in the Proteomics market, chromatography reagents have a considerable share. The significance of chromatography in protein analysis and purification is the reason for its prominence. Chromatography methods, such as gas chromatography (GC) and liquid chromatography (LC), are crucial for sorting through complicated protein mixtures and facilitating the accurate isolation and description of particular proteins. These reagents provide excellent resolution, sensitivity, and scalability, making them essential in a variety of proteomic applications like drug development, structural analysis, and biomarker discovery. They are frequently used in conjunction with mass spectrometry (LC-MS). Chromatography chemicals are widely used in the Proteomics area because of their versatility and ability to yield pure, well-characterized protein samples. This allows researchers to get a deeper understanding of complicated biological systems.
Based on Software & Services
Core Proteomics Services to Define Market Value Owing to Wider Functionality
In 2022, Core Proteomics Services will be the leading product. This is mainly due to the fact that core Proteomics services cover a broad spectrum of crucial competencies, such as protein identification, quantification, the study of post-translational modifications, and structural Proteomics. Because these services are offered by specialist laboratories equipped with cutting-edge tools and knowledge, they are invaluable to researchers and organizations who lack the means or know-how to carry out proteome analysis internally. Furthermore, core Proteomics services frequently provide specialized solutions made to meet the unique requirements of researchers, enabling a more thorough and approachable method of proteome study. Consequently, they have emerged as the preferred option for numerous members of the scientific community, propelling their prevailing use in the Proteomics industry.
Based on Application
Clinical Diagnostics Application Will Increase in Revenue Owing to Increasing Demand for Precision Medicine.
In 2022, clinical diagnostics is the most popular application. The main reason for this is that Proteomics is essential to the advancement of precision medicine and the enhancement of patient care. Proteomic techniques are employed in clinical diagnostics to detect biomarkers linked to different diseases, facilitating prompt and precise diagnosis. This has improved patient outcomes and enabled tailored treatment plans, revolutionizing healthcare. Furthermore, by determining possible therapeutic targets, evaluating drug safety, and comprehending the mechanisms of drug action, Proteomics makes a substantial contribution to drug discovery and development. Because of this, Proteomics is the most widely used application in the industry and is primarily reliant on the clinical diagnostics and drug research & development sectors.
Based on End User
Pharmaceutical & Biotechnological Companies to Increase Viability Due to Increasing Footprint in Drug Research & Recovery.
In 2022, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are the main end users. Their widespread engagement in drug research, discovery, and clinical trials—all of which mostly rely on proteomic techniques—is the reason for their supremacy. These businesses use Proteomics to find possible therapeutic targets, assess the safety and effectiveness of medications, and comprehend the molecular causes of disease. Proteomic research is highly sought after in this field because of the need for tailored therapeutics and precision medicine. Furthermore, businesses in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries frequently possess the infrastructure and financial means to invest in cutting-edge Proteomics services and technologies, hence securing their place as the main end users, and propelling innovation and expansion in the Proteomics market.
Based on Region
North American Proteomics Market to Increase Sales Owing to Increasing Funding
In the Proteomics market, North America is linked to the highest sales volume. Numerous factors contribute to this supremacy. First off, life sciences research is heavily funded in North America, especially in the United States, where there is a strong healthcare infrastructure. Furthermore, the need for Proteomics services and technologies for drug discovery and development is driven by the region's concentration of significant pharmaceutical and biotechnology enterprises. Additionally, North America enjoys the advantages of a strong network of academic research institutions that support the development of Proteomics through a range of partnerships and research initiatives.
The Proteomics market is expanding quickly in the Asia Pacific area. A growing focus on customized medicine, rising healthcare costs, and expanding knowledge of the potential uses of Proteomics in illness diagnosis and therapy are some of the causes driving this expansion. In addition, with large investments in research infrastructure and a trained labor population, nations like China and India are becoming major players in Proteomics research. As a result, with significant development potential in the upcoming years, the Asia Pacific area is emerging as a hub for Proteomics research and innovation.
There are a number of significant participants in the Proteomics market, which defines its competitive environment. Proteomic apparatus, reagents, and services are widely available from top businesses like Agilent Technologies, Waters Corporation, and Thermo Fisher Scientific. Furthermore, companies such as PerkinElmer and Bruker Corporation offer customized mass spectrometry systems for proteome research. Common tactics to promote innovation include cooperation and strategic alliances with universities and pharmaceutical firms. Emerging firms, such as Olink Proteomics and GenScript, are gaining ground and adding to the competitive and dynamic market climate that is being driven by advances in technology and the rising need for Proteomics solutions.
The key players in the global Proteomics market include - Illumina Inc. (U.S.), Agilent Technologies Inc. (U.S.), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (U.S.), GE Healthcare (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), Promega Corp. (U.S.), Merck KGaA (Germany), Danaher Corp. (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In October 2022, Snowman Logistics Limited became the first company in India to offer Fifth-Party Logistics (5PL) services in the supply chain management and Proteomics logistics domains. The expansion of e-commerce companies, a rise in international trade, and a complexity increase in supply chains have all contributed to a progressive increase in the demand for 5PL services in recent years.
- In January 2022, to finance automobiles and working capital for the cold supply chain sector, Celcius, a SaaS-based Proteomics aggregator platform, announced a financial agreement with Shriram Transport Finance Company (STFC). As part of the partnership, which represents STFC's entry into the cold supply chain segment, the two partners will supply light and heavy commercial vehicles to the Proteomics business.
Segmentation of the Global Proteomics Market
- Instrumentation Technologies (Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Electrophoresis, Protein Microarrays, X-Ray Crystallography, Surface Plasmon Resonance, Protein Fractionation, Other Technologies)
- Reagent (Immunoassays Reagents, Spectroscopy Reagents, Chromatography Reagents, Protein Microarray Reagents, X-ray Crystallography Reagents, Electrophoresis Reagents, Protein Fractionation Reagents, Other Reagents)
- Software & Services (Core Proteomics Services, Bioinformation Software & Services)
- Application (Clinical Diagnostics, Drug Discovery & Development, Other Applications)
- End User (Hospitals, Clinical Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic Research Laboratories, Other End Users)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Illumina Inc. (U.S.)
- Agilent Technologies Inc. (U.S.)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (U.S.)
- GE Healthcare (U.S.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Promega Corp. (U.S.)
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
- Danaher Corp. (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options