The global Print On Demand Market is valued at USD 6.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 43.4 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 26.8% between 2023 and 2030.
Significant factors contributing to the Print On Demand market's explosive expansion have been the spread of e-commerce and the growing popularity of customized goods. A number of causes are driving this growing business, one of which is the development of independent artists and entrepreneurs who want to make money off of their innovative creations without having to invest in large-scale production. The ease of use and affordability of POD services for companies, along with customer demand for personalized and distinctive goods, all contribute to the growth of this sector. Furthermore, POD solutions' simplicity of integration with e-commerce sites like Shopify and Etsy has democratized access to this market, encouraging more people to get involved and support its ongoing expansion.
Print On Demand Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The rising popularity of e-commerce, customization, and self-publishing, along with the demand for low-risk and cost-effective printing solutions, is driving the global Print On Demand market during the projection period from 2023 to 2030.
- The services segment will continue to assert its dominance by platform capturing the largest market share globally throughout the forecast period 2023 to 2030.
- In 2022, North America exhibited its market prowess, achieving the highest revenue share of over 30%.
- The Asia Pacific region is poised for remarkable growth, displaying a noteworthy Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) between 2023 and 2030.
Top Market Trends
- An important current development in the Print On Demand industry is the increased focus on environmentally friendly printing methods. Growing consumer and industry awareness of environmental issues promotes the adoption of environmentally friendly materials and practices as they search for eco-friendly POD choices. This pattern is consistent with the world's drive toward sustainability and is evident in the way that different POD suppliers market their environmentally friendly products.
- There is a diversification of product offers in the market. Modern POD encompasses more than just clothes and accessories; it also includes household goods, pet supplies, and specialty merchandise. This trend gives organizations access to a greater range of niche markets and accommodates a variety of customer preferences.
- POD services are becoming more and more customized and localized. This entails letting clients personalize designs and providing products that are customized to a given area. This kind of customization increases consumer interaction and boosts revenue by delivering goods that speak to certain cultural or personal tastes.
- The POD sector is starting to see a rise in the integration of AR technologies. Enhancing the online buying experience it lets shoppers see how personalized products would look before making a purchase. This pattern not only increases sales but also lowers the possibility of returns because of unmet expectations.
- The emergence of marketplaces for Print On Demand is another noteworthy development. By bringing together POD suppliers and designers, these platforms foster collaboration among creative entrepreneurs. They provide a wide range of distinctive designs to customers and give designers the opportunity to exhibit their work to a larger audience, which further propels the POD market's expansion.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The COVID-19 epidemic had a complex effect on the Print On Demand (POD) market. At first, there was a noticeable spike in demand for personalized goods as individuals looked to them for solace during lockdowns. Industry blogs like Printful's blog noticed this spike, suggesting a favorable first impact. Yet, as the pandemic spread, the industrial and worldwide supply chains were disrupted, posing problems for the market. Organizations such as the American Marketing Association have noted a negative impact on consumer satisfaction due to delays in product fulfillment and shipment. Despite these difficulties, the recession encouraged many people to consider starting their businesses, which resulted in a surge of new POD companies, as reported in Forbes. In addition, companies that changed their focus to provide necessities like personalized face masks experienced higher sales during the pandemic, according to World Economic Forum research. With both good and negative effects, COVID-19 had an overall mixed impact on the POD market, demonstrating the industry's resilience in the face of economic uncertainty.
The Global Market is segregated into the segments as mentioned below:The globel Print On Demand market can be categorized into Platform, Product, Region. The Market can be categorized into Software, Services based on Platform. The Market can be categorized into Apparel, Home Decor, Drinkware, Accessories, Other Products based on Product. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Platform
Services to Accommodate a Majority of the Market Owing to a Wide Range of Production Qualities
In 2022, the Print On Demand (POD) business is dominated by services. POD services' broad range of offerings, which includes printing, production, order fulfillment, and customer support, is the main cause of their prominence. Businesses and individuals may streamline the entire POD process with this all-inclusive solution. Furthermore, POD services frequently give users access to a huge network of manufacturers and suppliers, enabling a wide range of products, from clothing to home furnishings. Customers may assign the majority of production and logistics tasks to professionals thanks to POD's service-oriented approach, which frees them up to concentrate on branding, marketing, and design. In contrast, services are the primary force in this industry because, although software is essential to POD operations, it usually forms part of a larger service architecture.
Based on Product
Apparel Products to Widen Revenue Owing to Increasing Clothing Sales
In 2022, among the product categories utilized most frequently in the Print On Demand (POD) market, apparel stands out. Multiple variables lead to its widespread use. First of all, clothing provides a highly visible surface on which to print personalized graphics, making it a popular option for people and companies seeking to produce branded goods or distinctive fashion pieces. Second, a wide variety of customization possibilities are made possible by the adaptability of apparel, from t-shirts and hoodies to leggings and headgear, to accommodate a wide range of consumer preferences. Thirdly, since clothing is a need, it frequently exposes people to unique designs, supporting marketing initiatives and brand awareness. Lastly, the scale and prominence of the apparel business make it a profitable POD market niche, drawing in a large consumer base and a multitude of entrepreneurs looking to capitalize on this need.
Based on Region
North America is Expected to Witness the Largest Market Share Owing to Supportive Infrastructure and a Sizeable Consumer Base
The Print On Demand (POD) market's greatest sales are linked to North America. The region's robust e-commerce infrastructure, sizable customer base (which has a preference for personalization), and well-established entrepreneurial culture are the main reasons for its supremacy. The leading markets in North America, the United States and Canada have seen a rise in demand for personalized goods, which is consistent with the convenience-focused purchasing behaviors of the region's customers. Nor has North America's leadership in POD sales been undermined by the absence of major POD platform suppliers and their inability to adjust quickly to changing market conditions.
On the other hand, the POD market is expanding quickly in the Asia Pacific area. Growing middle-class populations, rising internet penetration, and the expansion of online entrepreneurship in nations like China and India are the main drivers of this growth. Owing to its large consumer base and penchant for entrepreneurship, the Asia Pacific region is rapidly becoming a hub for POD operations. It is a viable avenue for industry growth in the future.
The Print On Demand (POD) market is highly competitive, with multiple major firms fighting for market dominance. Prominent competitors comprise Printify, Printful, and AOP+ (Art of Where). These businesses provide a large selection of products that can be customized as well as smooth e-commerce platform connection. The rivalry has also increased as well-known e-commerce behemoths like Shopify and Amazon have entered the POD market. Smaller specialty suppliers serve narrow needs. Customer service, product variety, quality, and speed of delivery are frequently where the competitive edge is found. Differentiation and innovation are essential for preserving a competitive advantage in the ever-expanding market.
The key players in the global Print On Demand market include - Printify Inc. (U.S.), Printful Inc. (U.S.), Canva (Australia), VistaPrint (Cimpress) (Ireland), CustomCat (U.S.), Gelato (Norway), Gooten (U.S.), Printed Mint (U.S.), Teelaunch (U.S.), Zazzle Inc. (U.S.), RedBubble Group (Australia), Printsome (Spain), Prodigi Group (UK), Apliiq (U.S.), JetPrint Fulfillment (Denmark), TPOP (France) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- London, United Kingdom-based Kite Tech Ltd., a technology company that specializes in Print On Demand products from Canon Europe, was acquired by Prodigi Group in September 2019. The company hopes that by combining the API platform from Prodigi Group with the e-commerce software from Kite Tech Ltd., sales will rise and production and inventory management expenses will decrease.
- One of the biggest Print On Demand businesses, Printful, bought two businesses in 2022 to bolster its position in the market and increase the range of products it offered: Kicksend, an app for photo printing, and Packhelp, an online supplier of packaging.
- Etsy is an online marketplace for antique and handcrafted goods. In 2020, Printify, a Print On Demand platform, announced a partnership with Etsy to make it easier for Etsy merchants to develop and sell unique products.
Segmentation of the Global Print On Demand Market
- Platform (Software, Services)
- Product (Apparel, Home Decor, Drinkware, Accessories, Other Products)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Printify Inc. (U.S.)
- Printful Inc. (U.S.)
- Canva (Australia)
- VistaPrint (Cimpress) (Ireland)
- CustomCat (U.S.)
- Gelato (Norway)
- Gooten (U.S.)
- Printed Mint (U.S.)
- Teelaunch (U.S.)
- Zazzle Inc. (U.S.)
- RedBubble Group (Australia)
- Printsome (Spain)
- Prodigi Group (UK)
- Apliiq (U.S.)
- JetPrint Fulfillment (Denmark)
- TPOP (France)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options