Global Polyimide Films Market was valued at USD 1.05 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 1.60 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.40% over the forecast period.
The increasing demand for Polyimide Films is largely attributable to the increasing recognition that their superior qualities make them the optimal option for a vast array of uses in a variety of industries. Polyimide Films are perfect for use as an insulating and protective layer over semiconductors, wires and cables, printed circuit boards, motors, and generators due to their high insulation capacity and temperature stability. Consequently, this has a considerable impact on the Polyimide Films Market. Increases in the middle-class per capita income and standard of living, along with increased investment in research and development, are also fueling the growth of the electronics industry. These factors contribute to an overall rise in interest in Polyimide Films which in turn helps to drive the development of the market around the world.
Polyimide Films Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Transparent polyimide film development on flexible substrates is anticipated to present new opportunities during the forecast period. With the advent of Polyimide Films with flexible substrates, the use of Polyimide Films in flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) displays has expanded. Flexible substrates have replaced rigid glass in these displays, making them thinner, lighter, and less fragmented. It is anticipated that this would create new opportunities for expanding the global market throughout the forecast period. As a result of its ability to tolerate processing temperatures above 3000°C, transparent Polyimide Films with flexible substrates are frequently used in solar cells, allowing for the creation of high-efficiency solar cells. It is anticipated that this would boost sales of transparent Polyimide Films used in conjunction with flexible substrates to create solar cells.
However, the high cost of Polyimide Films is a significant problem for domestic and local producers, and as a result, they can look for alternative sources of Polyimide Films, which would constrain the growth of the Polyimide Films Market.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
Top Market Trends
· The market is expanding primarily because of their remarkable features, which make them the best choice for a wide range of applications across numerous sectors.
· In 2021, the electronics segment dominated the market with the highest share of 45%.
· In 2021, the flexible printed circuits segment dominated the market.
· The top market participants are creating new products to boost sales and quality, using the latest innovations, and altering the existing ones.
The Polyimide Films Market is segmented based on Application, End Uses, and Region. Based on the Applications, the market is further segmented into Flexible Printed Circuits (FPC), Wire & Cable, Pressure Sensitive Tapes, Specialty Fabricated Goods, Motor/ Generator, Capacitors, Valve Sheets, and Other Applications. In addition, based on the End Uses, the market is further segmented into Electronics, Automotive, Aerospace, Labelling, and Other End Uses.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Applications:
The Flexible Printed Circuits Category Dominated the Market in 2021
The Flexible Printed Circuits (FPC) segment dominated the market. The remarkable characteristics of Polyimide Films, which make them the preferred material in various end-user sectors, are credited with the domination of flexible printed circuits. The great qualities of Polyimide Films are primarily responsible for their popularity in various end-use industries, including electronics and automobiles. These Polyimide Films are typically employed as insulating material in flexible printed circuits due to their ability to reduce the size and increase the functionality of electronic devices. Laptops, mobile phones, jet cartridges, scanners, printers, recorders, and avionics systems are just a few devices that frequently use flexible printing circuits. Governments and businesses are studying the use of polyimide in many countries.
Based on End Uses:
The Electronics Category Dominated the Market in 2021
The Electronics category dominated the market. The rising use of Polyimide Films due to their excellent mechanical and electrical qualities contributes to the electronics industry's rapid expansion. Wires, cables, printed circuit boards, semiconductors, motors, generators, integrated circuits, speakers, tape-automated bonding, rotating machines, computers, medical technology, heavy equipment, and recording devices are just a few examples of the many electric and electronic products that use polyimide film. Manufacturers in the consumer electronics industry are searching for materials other than metal and glass, and these Polyimide Films and tapes provide them with the perfect balance of cost and performance. Additionally, the flexibility of polyimide sheets makes them perfect for preventing wire abrasion. Due to its widespread application in many electrical gadgets, the Polyimide Films business is expanding.
Based on Regional Analysis:
The Asia Pacific had the Largest Share in 2021
The Asia Pacific is estimated to hold the largest share of the market. Due to their extensive production of colorless Polyimide Films and use in creating electronic products, South Korea and China have the biggest potential. The rising need for solar panels, various end uses, and pharmaceutical product production, all of which call for colorless Polyimide Films, are driving regional growth. It is projected that increased market player investments and supportive policies from the governments of the nation's major economies will help to continue the industry's rapid expansion. New market participants could fund innovative items' technologically sophisticated creation, research, and application. Additionally, nations like China, Japan, South Korea, and India have stronger research and technology elements for advancing electronic items, which promotes the market's expansion over the following five years.
· In April 2021, Pixeo TM*1SR, a polyimide film with heat resistance, was introduced by KANEKA CORPORATION. The launch of this new product is intended for 5G applications.
· In February 2021, DuPont Electronics & Industrial unit, DuPont Interconnect Solutions, disclosed that the company's USD 220 million extension project at the Circleville site is projected to be done in the second half of 2021.
· In October 2020, UBE INDUSTRIES, LTD. announced the capture of a stake in Nagasawa mayo Inc. This will help to gain a new advanced technology by UBE Industries, Inc, which is used to extract silk proteins. This will help gain a share in the market with a rise in revenue for UBE Industries, Inc.
· In March 2020, Kaneka Corporation created colorless polyimide sheets for flexible electroluminescent (EL) displays, with sample shipments set to begin in the first half of 2020. The company anticipates that the market for Polyimide Films will expand due to the introduction of next-generation electronic gadgets, which will raise the demand for flexible displays.
The key players in the Global Polyimide Films Market include- E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Company (US), PI Advanced Material Co. Ltd. (South Korea), Ube Industries Ltd. (Japan), Taimide Tech. Inc. (Taiwan), 3M Company (US), Kaneka Corporation (Japan), Kolon Industries Inc. (South Korea), Arakawa Chemicals Industries Inc. (Japan), Shinmax Technology Ltd. (Taiwan), FLEXcon Company Inc. (US) and others.
Segmentation of the Global Polyimide Films Market
- Applications (Flexible Printed Circuit, Wire & Cable, Pressure Sensitive Tape, Specialty Fabricated Product, Motor/ Generator, Capacitors , Valve Sheets, Other Applications)
- End Uses (Electronics, Aerospace, Automotive, Labeling, Other End Uses)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Company (US)
- PI Advanced Material Co. Ltd. (South Korea)
- Ube Industries Ltd. (Japan)
- Taimide Tech. Inc. (Taiwan)
- 3M Company (US)
- Kaneka Corporation (Japan)
- Kolon Industries Inc. (South Korea)
- Arakawa Chemicals Industries Inc. (Japan)
- Shinmax Technology Ltd. (Taiwan)
- FLEXcon Company Inc. (US)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options