The global Patient Controlled Injectors Market is valued at USD 2.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 5.8 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 12.8% between 2023 and 2030.
According to the WHO, approximately 2 million healthcare professionals annually face percutaneous exposure to infectious diseases. WHO data also indicates that worldwide, 37.6% of Hepatitis B cases and 4.4% of HIV/AIDS infections among healthcare workers result from needle stick injuries. Numerous manufacturers are directing their efforts toward creating to address unmet demands, fueling market expansion. The convenience of administering medications via these devices significantly enhances patient compliance with drug therapies, ultimately improving patient outcomes. For instance, Ypsomed has introduced an innovative autoinjector platform for liquid medicines spanning 1.5 to 5.5 ml volumes. The YpsoMate 5.5 represents the most recent addition to the expanding YpsoMate family of devices and leverages the proven technology in the YpsoMate 2.25 Pro.
Patient Controlled Injectors Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The surge in chronic illnesses has resulted in a heightened requirement for . As per the Centers for Disease Control, chronic diseases are the foremost cause of mortality and disability in the United States, constituting 70% of all recorded deaths.
- North America generated more than 40.90% of revenue share in 2022.
- The Asia Pacific area is expected to grow quickly from 2023 to 2030.
- The Electronic Wearable Injector segment accounted for the most significant market growth, contributing over 32.6% of the total revenue share in 2022.
- The Cancer Treatment segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 29.7% of the total revenue share in 2022.
- The hospital pharmacies segment has the most considerable revenue of 38.6% in 2022.
Economic changes like recessions or economic downturns can reduce healthcare expenditure. This may result in budget constraints, causing patients to opt for cheaper alternative treatments or delay using . On the other hand, economic growth can bring higher disposable incomes and increased healthcare spending, leading to a greater adoption of . The market highly depends on the supply chain. Any disruption or inefficiency in the supply chain can adversely affect the market. Economic changes, such as trade wars or geopolitical conflicts, can lead to disruptions in the supply chain, resulting in delays in the availability of or increased prices. Additionally, changes in import/export regulations or currency fluctuations can impact the cost and availability of components used in manufacturing.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Rising incidence of chronic illnesses: The need for is partly fueled by the increased prevalence of chronic conditions like diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and autoimmune illnesses. These devices provide convenience and ease of use for patients requiring frequent disease management injections.
- Technological advancements: The development of advanced with features such as dose control, automatic needle insertion, and safety mechanisms is boosting their adoption. These innovations improve patient adherence to treatment regimens and reduce the risk of medication errors.
- Growing emphasis on self-administration: allow patients to self-administer medications at home, reducing the need for repeated hospital visits and improving patient convenience. This trend is particularly significant in the current COVID-19 pandemic, where the avoidance of healthcare settings is encouraged.
- Increasing geriatric population: Chronic diseases are more common in the elderly, necessitating routine pharmaceutical delivery. provide a user-friendly interface for elderly patients, ensuring accurate and safe self-administration of medications.
- Favorable reimbursement policies: Governments and private insurance providers increasingly recognize the benefits of and offer reimbursement for these devices. This aspect is expected to promote market expansion, especially in advanced economies.
- Partnerships and collaborations: Key market players are entering into partnerships and alliances to expand their product offerings and geographical reach. These activities should stimulate market expansion and open up new market niches.
- Rising healthcare expenditure in emerging economies: Patient-controlled injector use is encouraged by rising healthcare costs and expanding healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies. These devices help reduce healthcare costs by enabling self-administration and avoiding hospital visits.
The Global Market is segmented into:
The globel Patient Controlled Injectors market can be categorized into Product, Application, Distribution Channel, Region. The Market can be categorized into Electronic Wearable Injector, Mechanical Wearable Injector, Infusion Pumps based on Product. The Market can be categorized into Cancer Treatment, Auto-immune Treatment, Blood Disorders Treatment, Other Applications based on Application. The Market can be categorized into Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Mail Order Pharmacies based on Distribution Channel. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
Electronic Wearable Injector holds the Largest Share
Electronic Wearable Injector in the market holds most of the market share in 2022. The increased prevalence of chronic diseases, technical improvements, and the advantages of electronic wearable injectors over conventional injectors are a few reasons for this growth. Additionally, electronic wearable injectors can track and record medication administration data, allowing healthcare providers to monitor patient compliance and adjust treatment plans accordingly. Telemedicine and remote patient monitoring are made possible by remotely communicating this data with medical specialists.
Based on Application
Cancer Treatment dominated the market
Cancer Treatment accounted for the most significant growth of the market in 2022. A leading cause of death in the globe, cancer is becoming more common. According to the WHO, there will be 29.5 million new instances of cancer per year by 2040. With the rising number of cancer patients, there is a growing demand for effective and convenient treatment options, including . In addition, allows for targeted drug delivery directly to the tumor site. This is especially important in cancer treatment, as it helps to minimize systemic toxicity and improve the effectiveness of the therapy. also increases compliance with treatment protocols by allowing patients to self-administer medications at their convenience.
Based on the Distribution Channel
Hospital Pharmacies Occupied for the Largest Market Share
Hospital Pharmacies dominated the market in 2022. Their capacity to promote medication adherence, decrease healthcare costs, prevent infections, and accommodate the move to outpatient care is credited with this growth. In addition, hospitals are increasingly adopting outpatient care models to reduce healthcare costs and improve patient experience. PCIs facilitate the transition towards outpatient care by enabling patients to self-administer medications in non-hospital settings, such as ambulatory care centers or at home, without compromising the quality of care.
Based on Region
North America led the market
North America experienced a considerable market growth in 2022. are medical devices that enable patients to self-administer medication in a controlled manner. These devices are designed to improve patient convenience, reduce healthcare costs, and minimize the need for healthcare professionals to administer injections. Furthermore, the aging population in North America contributes to the growth of the market. As people age, the prevalence of chronic diseases increases, leading to a higher demand for self-administered medication. allows older adults to manage their medication independently, promoting better adherence to treatment plans and overall health outcomes.
The competitive landscape of the (PCIs) market is highly dynamic and competitive, with numerous players vying for market share. Established players and new entrants characterize the market, each striving to gain a competitive edge through product innovation, strategic partnerships, and acquisitions. The key players in the PCI market include manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors of PCI devices and pharmaceutical companies. These players offer a range of PCI devices designed to administer controlled medication to patients, allowing them to self-administer drugs as healthcare professionals prescribe.
The players in the global market include West Pharmaceutical Services Inc. (U.S.), Gerresheimer AG (Germany), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), Johnson and Johnson Services Inc. (U.S.), Ypsomed AG (Switzerland), Westbourne Medical Limited (UK), Enable Injections (U.S.), SCPharmaceuticals Inc. (U.S.), United Therapeutics Corporation (U.S.), Becton Dickinson and Company (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In October 2022, Ypsomed has introduced an innovative autoinjector platform designed for liquid medications spanning volumes from 1.5 to 5.5 ml. The YpsoMate 5.5 represents the most recent addition to the expanding YpsoMate family of devices and leverages the proven technology found in the YpsoMate 2.25 Pro.
- In August 2022, Gerresheimer AG and Zollner Elektronik AG have formed a strategic partnership, bringing together their respective leading expertise in pharmaceutical and medical technology markets. This collaboration is driven by the global shift towards electronic, digitally controllable, and interconnected drug delivery and diagnostic systems.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Product (Electronic Wearable Injector, Mechanical Wearable Injector, Infusion Pumps)
- Application (Cancer Treatment, Auto-immune Treatment, Blood Disorders Treatment, Other Applications)
- Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Mail Order Pharmacies)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- West Pharmaceutical Services Inc. (U.S.)
- Gerresheimer AG (Germany)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Johnson and Johnson Services Inc. (U.S.)
- Ypsomed AG (Switzerland)
- Westbourne Medical Limited (UK)
- Enable Injections (U.S.)
- SCPharmaceuticals Inc. (U.S.)
- United Therapeutics Corporation (U.S.)
- Becton Dickinson and Company (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options