Global Mining Equipment Market is valued at USD 162.44 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 361.08 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 10.50% over the forecast period.
The Mining Equipment Market is driven by factors such as the increasing demand for metals and minerals, the growing need for energy, and the increasing focus on safety and sustainability. The latest global data shows that the Mining Equipment Market is growing at a healthy rate with considerable interest from consumers and key players alike. The reasons for this growth are attributed to the increase in demand for minerals and metals due to the growing population and rapid industrialization. In addition, the rise in environmental concerns has necessitated the need for responsible mining practices which is driving the demand for better quality and more efficient mining equipment. The scope of the Mining Equipment Market includes a wide range of machines that are used in different stages of mining operations, such as drilling, blasting, hauling, loading, and dumping. The market also covers a wide range of products that are used in mining operations, such as crushers, screens, belts, and pumps. Several growth factors are driving the Mining Equipment Market. First, the global demand for minerals and metals is increasing as economies continue to grow and develop. This is resulting in higher production levels and a need for more sophisticated and efficient mining equipment.
Additionally, many countries are investing in their mining industries to create jobs and spur economic growth. This is boosting demand for mining equipment. The growing concern for public health and the preservation of the natural environment is another aspect that is contributing to the expansion of the market. Mining corporations are seeking ways to lessen the impact that their operations have on the surrounding environment and are making investments in technology that are both cleaner and safer. Because of this, possibilities are opening up for manufacturers of Mining Equipment that provide products that are less harmful to the environment. In conclusion, the development of digital technology is undergoing a transformation that is impacting the mining industry by making operations more productive and successful. Due to this, there is a growing demand for digital solutions such as drones, connected devices, and software for data analytics.
Mining Equipment Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
However, the price of minerals and metals is falling, which is the primary factor holding back the Mining Equipment Market. This has resulted in a decrease in the demand for mining equipment, which in turn has led to a downturn in the production of Mining Equipmentby its various manufacturers. In addition, environmental restrictions and safety concerns have had an impact on the market, as a result of the fact that they have limited the usage of particular kinds of equipment. This has resulted in fewer sales of those equipment types.
What is the future of the Mining Equipment Market?
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
There is a lot of uncertainty about the future of the Mining Equipment industry. Several variables may affect mining machinery demand in the future. These include the potential for a drop in demand from Asian countries like China, low commodity prices, and tighter environmental regulations. Since China is currently the largest market for mining equipment, a drop in demand from China could lead to a drop in demand from countries all over the world. As commodity prices fall, demand for mining machinery could fall as a result. If the value of minerals were to fall, mining companies would have less incentive to invest in new equipment or parts to repair or replace aging facilities. Mining Equipment manufacturers may see a drop in sales as a result of this. The future of the Mining Equipment industry could be impacted by the proliferation of environmental regulations. Mining businesses may be forced to invest in cleaner, more efficient technology if regulations tighten the impact they can have on the environment. This will probably cause mine owners to spend more money and drive up the price of mining machinery.
Top Market Trends
● The Mining Equipment industry has been expanding due to the rising demand for metals and minerals. The need to build new infrastructure is driving up the price of metals and minerals, which is in turn being driven up by the rising global population and the rapid spread of metropolitan areas. The Mining Equipment industry is expanding because of rising industrialization in developing nations.
● The surface mining segment is expected to grow at a faster rate than the underground mining segment, as surface mining is more efficient and requires less capital investment. The growing demand for coal, iron ore, and other minerals is anticipated to drive the growth of this segment. The underground mining segment is also expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for metals such as gold, silver, and copper.
● The rise of electric vehicles is expected to boost the demand for minerals and metals, and in turn, the Mining Equipment Market. The increasing adoption of automation and artificial intelligence in mining operations is expected to drive market growth. The growing trend of smart mines is also expected to contribute to market growth. Market Segmentation
The Global Mining Equipment Market is segmented based on Solution, Propulsion, Application, Powertrain Type, Category, and Region. Based on the Solutions, the market is segmented into Products and Services. Furthermore, based on Propulsion, the market is further segmented into Diesel and CNG/LNG/RNG. Moreover, based on the Application, the market is segmented into Minerals, Metals, and Coal. In terms of Powertrain Type, the market is segmented into IC Engine Vehicles and Electric Vehicle. In addition, based on Category, the market is segmented into Crushing, Pulverizing, Screening Machinery, Mineral Processing Backhoe Loader, Surface Mining Machinery (Crawler Excavators, Crawler Dozers, Motor Graders, Rigid Dump Trucks, & Articulated Dump Trucks), and Underground Mining Machinery (Electric Shovels, Hydraulic Excavators, Wheeled Loaders, Mining Dozers, Mining Trucks, & Drills). In terms of geography, the market may be divided into the following categories: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa (MEA).
Based on Solution
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
In 2021, the products segment is estimated to dominate the Mining Equipment Market with a share of more than 74%. The main reason for this large market share is the high replacement rate of mining equipment. In addition, factors such as the increasing demand for coal and other minerals, and the need for new mining projects are also expected to drive market growth. The ever-changing nature of mining operations has resulted in a great need for flexibility and adaptability from Mining Equipment manufacturers. For instance, terrain and climate can have a significant impact on productivity, as well as safety and maintenance requirements. As a result, manufacturers are focused on developing new technologies that can be easily adapted to changing conditions. In addition, they are also working on reducing the overall weight of their products to improve fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
The services segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period. Services include repair and maintenance, training, and consulting. The market for products is further segmented into crushing, pulverizing & screening equipment, drills & breakers, mineral processing machinery, surface mining machinery, and underground mining machinery. Based on services, the market is segmented into repair and maintenance services, training services, and consulting services. Based on Propulsion
The diesel segment is anticipated to witness the highest growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing government regulations regarding emissions. The diesel-powered Mining Equipment Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% in the forecast period. The segment is driven by the replacement of older equipment with newer, more fuel-efficient models and the increased use of diesel-electric drivetrains in mining applications. CNG/LNG/RNG is a more viable option in terms of cost and emissions as compared to diesel. The market for CNG/LNG/RNG-powered Mining Equipmentis expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2018 to 2024. The segment is driven by the increasing use of natural gas as a fuel source in mining applications, as it is cleaner burning and more cost-effective than diesel. The market for battery-powered Mining Equipmentis expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2018 to 2024. The segment is driven by the continued development of advanced battery technologies, which are providing longer run times and greater power density for mining applications. Electric vehicles are expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing focus on reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Based on Application
The mineral application subsegment is anticipated to increase at the highest rate over the projection time frame. Increases in urbanization, industrialization, and population are driving up the worldwide demand for minerals and metals. Predictions of a sharp increase in demand for renewable, clean energy and even some conventional energy over the future decades have already prompted increased scrutiny of these topics, along with supply, reliability, and environmental impact concerns.
As more attention is paid to the technologies behind renewable energy and electric vehicles, there will be increasing competition for minerals. The coal mining sector can anticipate a sizable market because of the needs of growing countries. These goals can be achieved through the use of more sophisticated roof control, conveying systems, and other technological advancements in coal extraction processes and equipment. Based on the Powertrain Type
The IC engine vehicle segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% from 2019 to 2025. The electric vehicle segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2019 to 2025. The IC engine vehicle segment is driven by the need for fuel efficiency and lower emissions. Electric vehicles are driven by the need for lower operating costs and zero emissions. Based on Category
The underground mining machinery segment is the dominating player and is projected to have the most impact on the Mining Equipment Market. Increases in worldwide energy production have boosted underground mining operations. Underground mining is safer for the environment than surface mining because all explosions take place below the earth and no toxic chemicals are emitted. Rapid urbanization and expanding industries are also major contributors to the recent spike in energy use. Modern technological improvements have led to more efficient automated excavators and mining trucks. They immediately notify service centers of any problems or breakdowns in operation, saving money and time in the process. A rapid expansion in surface Mining Equipmentis anticipated. Due to the usage of automated equipment like dump trucks and the introduction of new technologies in mining, the supply of contracts with mining businesses has increased. Based on Region
It is anticipated that the Asia Pacific will continue to hold the greatest share of the worldwide Mining Equipment Market during the duration of the forecast period. This position was held by the Asia Pacific in 2015. As a result of the country's vast coal and iron ore deposits, China is widely anticipated to take the lead position in the regional market. Because of the huge quantities of minerals such as gold, silver, copper, and zinc that are found in their respective countries, Australia and India are also key markets in the region. As a result of ongoing expansion projects in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Kuwait, it is expected that the Middle East and Africa would be the second-fastest expanding market with a compound annual growth rate of 8.0% from 2016 to 2025. The decrease in coal output in the United States, which is predicted to more than offset any growth in Canada and Mexico, will likely result in North America expanding at a rate that is just slightly above average during the next nine years.
The key players in the Global Mining Equipment Market include- Akzo Nobel N.V., Arkema Inc., Linde PLC, The Chemours Company, Shell PLC, Henkel AG & Co., CPMC Holdings Ltd., Ball Corporation, Toyo Seikan Co. Ltd., Guangdong Sihai Iron-Printing, Tin-Making Co. Ltd. and others.
Some of the recent advancements in Mining Equipment include:
● Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular in the mining industry as they offer a cleaner and more efficient alternative to traditional diesel-powered vehicles. Autonomous vehicles are another area of recent advancement in the mining industry. These vehicles can significantly improve safety and efficiency by reducing or eliminating the need for human operators.
● Data analytics is being used increasingly in the mining industry to help optimize operations and improve decision-making. By analyzing data from various sources, mines can gain valuable insights into their operations and identify areas for improvement.
● In terms of type, the surface Mining Equipment segment accounted for a large share of the market in 2021 and is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. In terms of application, the coal segment accounted for a dominant share of the market in 2021 due to rising demand from the Asia Pacific and Latin America. Coal is primarily used as a fuel for power generation. Increasing industrialization and population growth in these regions are projected to drive demand for coal over the forecast period.
● The government has also been taking steps to improve the mining industry's environmental impact. In particular, new regulations have been introduced that require miners to capture and store methane gas that would otherwise be released into the atmosphere. This gas can then be used as a fuel source, which can significantly reduce emissions from mines.
Segmentation of the Global Mining Equipment Market:
- Solution (Products, Services)
- Propulsion (Diesel, CNG/LNG/RNG)
- Application (Mineral, Metal, Coal)
- Powertrain Type (IC Engine Vehicle, Electric Vehicle)
- Category (Crushing, Pulverizing, Screening Machinery, Mineral Processing Backhoe Loader, Surface Mining Machinery (Crawler Excavators, Crawler Dozers, Motor Graders, Rigid Dump Trucks, & Articulated Dump Trucks), Underground Mining Machinery (Electric Shovels, Hydraulic Excavators, Wheeled Loaders, Mining Dozers, Mining Trucks, & Drills))
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Arkema Inc.
- Linde PLC
- The Chemours Company
- Shell PLC
- Henkel AG & Co.
- CPMC Holdings Ltd.
- Ball Corporation
- Toyo Seikan Co. Ltd.
- Guangdong Sihai Iron-Printing
- Tin-Making Co. Ltd.
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options