Metal Stamping Market
Metal Stamping Market - Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Process Blanking, Embossing, Bending, Coining, Flanging
- By Materials Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Other Materials
- By Applications Automotive & Construction, Industrial Machinery, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace, Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunications, Building & Construction, Other Applications
- By Press Types Mechanical Press, Hydraulic Press, Servo Press
- By Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2022 - 2028|
|Historical Years:||2016 - 2021|
|Revenue 2021:||USD 201.8 Billion|
|Revenue 2028:||USD 262.7 Billion|
|Revenue CAGR (2022 - 2028):||4.5%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2022 - 2028)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2021):||Asia Pacific|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
The Global Metal Stamping Market is valued at USD 201.8 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach a value of USD 262.7 Billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period.
Mobile phones, headphones, speakers, and gamepads & controllers all use metal frames. Therefore, the expanding consumer electronics market is expected to continue to play a significant role. Metal Stamping makes mobile phone antennas, chassis, and camera lens holders because they are strong, don't rust, conduct electricity well, and leave a clean finish. In 2021, worldwide sales of electric vehicles (EVs) topped 3.4 million, with China accounting for more than half of that total. Most of the increase in production can be attributed to government programs encouraging EV development, like subsidies to regional manufacturers who make electric cars.
Metal Stamping Market Size, 2021 To 2028 (USD Billion)
We can expect this to increase demand for sheet metal used in automotive manufacturing. According to the GSM Association, there were 5.31 billion unique mobile customers worldwide as of January 2021, and this figure is expected to increase by 1.8% per year. In the years to come, this is anticipated to increase the need for mobile phones and, by extension, Metal Stamping. The United States is regarded as one of the industry's leading competitors. The development of COVID-19, and the ensuing temporary lockdown measures implemented across the country, harmed business activities, however. Due to supply chain issues and a lack of demand from end-use customers, downstream demand was significantly affected in important sectors such as the automotive, aerospace, industrial machinery, and other industries. As the number of children receiving vaccinations has increased, the situation has returned to normal. Metal Stamping in the United States is in high demand. Thus, factories have had to develop to keep up with production. The Metal Stamping Market is also witnessing a rapid adoption of digital printing technologies. This is because they allow for the precise reproduction of intricate designs, reducing manufacturing time and cost.
As plastics and carbon fiber help automakers reduce vehicle weight, they may replace metals in production, slowing market expansion. There is a 5%-7% increase in fuel efficiency for every 10% reduction in vehicle weight. Demand for alternatives is expected to be fueled by the rising production of lightweight vehicles in response to strict regulatory rules in several nations. In the United States, for instance, changes to the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards aimed at improving fuel efficiency are boosting the use of these alternative goods in automobiles, which is anticipated to hinder the market for Metal Stamping. The key factors restraining the growth of the Metal Stamping Market are the complexity of operations, the high cost of tools and equipment, and stringent safety requirements. To overcome these restraints, various innovative technologies are being adopted by the players in the market, such as 3D printing and selective laser sintering (SLS). These technologies have helped reduce the costs and time required for manufacturing products. Additionally, increased adoption of Metal Stamping machines is also expected to help drive growth in this market.
Major Contributions to Market Growth
The market has witnessed growth owing to the increasing demand for customization and low production cost in various industries. The key drivers of the Metal Stamping Market include the growing demand for lightweight and strong metals, rising production rates of high-quality parts, and the increase in additive manufacturing (AM) applications. Several benefits are associated with the Metal Stamping Market, such as producing precise and accurate products, less wastage of materials, quick turnaround time, and high output rates. Additionally, the Metal Stamping Market is projected to benefit from the increased adoption of advanced technologies in this field.
Top Market Trends
- Increasing Demand for Customized Metal Stampings: One of the main reasons the Metal Stamping industry is proliferating is because businesses increasingly demand customized stamped parts. Customers are looking for unique and unique products that meet their specific needs, which is why manufacturers produce more customized stamped parts. This trend is expected to continue over the next few years as businesses invest in R&D and develop new products that can meet customer requirements more accurately and efficiently.
- Development Of Emerging Technologies in the Metal Stamping Industry: Another reason the Metal Stamping industry is experiencing such high growth rates is that many emerging technologies are being used to improve manufacturing processes. These technologies include 3D printing, robotic assembly, and artificial intelligence (AI). Using these technologies, manufacturers can create customized stamped parts much faster and more efficiently than ever. This trend is expected to continue over the next few years as companies strive to become even more innovative to stay ahead of the competition.
- Rising manufacturing costs: One of the key market trends expected to impact the Metal Stamping Market is the increase in the production of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). This segment is expected to account for over half the total market volume by 2025.
The Global Metal Stamping Market is segmented based on Process, Material, Application, Press Type, and Region. Based on Process, the market is segmented into Blanking, Embossing, Bending, Coining, and Flanging. In addition, based on the Material, the market is segmented into Steel, Aluminum, Copper, and Other Materials. Additionally, based on Applications, the market is segmented into Automotive & Construction, Industrial Machinery, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace, Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunications, Building & Construction, and Other Applications. Moreover, based on the Press Type, the market is segmented into Mechanical Press, Hydraulic Press, and Servo Press. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Process
The blanking market is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for customized products. Based on the tool used, the market is divided into three submarkets—arcuate blanking, line blanking, and stamping blanking. Embossing will remain the dominant process in the Metal Stamping Market, followed by bending and coining. The flanging process is expected to witness modest growth during the forecast period.
Based on Material
The steel segment is expected to account for the largest market share in value, followed by aluminum. Copper is expected to be the fastest-growing material segment during the forecast period.
Based on Application
The automotive segment is expected to be the largest contributor to the Metal Stamping Market. This is due to the increasing demand for lightweight and strong vehicles requiring high-quality metal parts with precise specifications. The construction segment is also expected to proliferate over the next few years owing to rising infrastructure investments around the globe. The market segment of industrial machinery will account for the majority of the revenue generated by the market during the forecast period. This is due to the increased adoption of stamping technology in various manufacturing processes, such as cutting, drilling, forging, and rolling.
Moreover, growth in infrastructure investments across various countries is also expected to drive demand for industrial machinery over the next five years. On the other hand, consumer electronics will be one of the fastest-growing segments in the Metal Stamping Market over the next five years. The market for consumer electronics includes devices used by consumers, such as smartphones, televisions, cars, and watches. These devices are usually smaller and have a lower price point than industrial machinery. Aerospace is another application driving the growth of the Metal Stamping Market segment. This market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% from 2021 to 2028. The aerospace and, electrical & electronics industries are also likely to witness high growth during the forecast period due to increasing demand for components such as landing gears, engine parts, and other electronic devices. The telecommunications segment is expected to grow faster than other application segments due to the increasing demand for wireless devices and sensors.
Based on Press Type
The mechanical press is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2021 and 2028 due to its low price and ease of use. The hydraulic press is expected to grow slower due to its higher price point and complexity. The servo press is expected to see the highest growth due to its ability to quickly change dies and precision movement.
Based on Region
North America is the largest region in the Metal Stamping Market and is expected to generate the highest revenue during the forecast period. The growth of this region is mainly attributable to the increasing demand for metals in various applications such as automotive components, electronic devices, and aircraft parts. Europe is the second-largest region in the Metal Stamping Market and is expected to generate revenues of $1.4 billion by 2025. The growth of this region is mainly due to the increasing demand for metals in various applications such as construction, wind turbines, medical equipment, and consumer goods. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the Metal Stamping Market during the forecast period. This growth is mainly due to the increasing demand for metals for various industrial applications such as aerospace and electric vehicles. Latin America is expected to be the smallest region in the Metal Stamping Market and is projected to generate revenues of $0.8 billion by 2025. The Middle East & Africa region is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increasing demand for printed parts in various industrial sectors such as automotive and construction.
The key players in the Global Metal Stamping Market include- Acro Metal Stamping (US), Manor Tool & Manufacturing Company (US), D&H Industries Inc. (US), Kenmode Tool & Engineering (US), Klesk Metal Stamping Co. (US), Clow Stamping Company (US), Goshen Stamping Company (US), Tempco Manufacturing Company Inc. (US), Interplex Holdings Pte. Ltd. (Singapore), CAPARO (UK), Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. (Japan), AAPICO Hitech Public Company Limited (Thailand), Gestamp (Spain), Ford Motor Company (US) and others.
- The German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology has announced a new initiative called "Industry 4.0." With this initiative, the ministry is looking to support industrial businesses transitioning to digital manufacturing practices. One of the goals of Industry 4.0 is to enable smart production systems that can monitor and control processes within an industrial plant. This announcement is no surprise, given that Germany is one of the most advanced countries in Metal Stamping technology. In addition, companies like Siemens are already working on Industry 4.0 projects.
- Japan has been investing in this field for many years, and its industry expects significant growth over the next few years. This is because Japan is looking to replace traditional manufacturing methods with more innovative ones.
- The launch of Metal Stamping Solutions by PTC Inc. offers a range of innovative software solutions for Metal Stamping.
- Creston's Metal Stamping Solution was launched by Creston Corporation, which offers end-to-end Metal Stamping solutions.
Segmentation of the Global Metal Stamping Market
|Regions & Countries Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
Frequently Asked Question
The global Metal Stamping valued at USD 201.8 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 262.7 Billion in 2028 growing at a CAGR of 4.5%.
The prominent players in the market are Acro Metal Stamping (US), Manor Tool & Manufacturing Company (US), D&H Industries Inc. (US), Kenmode Tool & Engineering (US), Klesk Metal Stamping Co. (US), Clow Stamping Company (US), Goshen Stamping Company (US), Tempco Manufacturing Company Inc. (US), Interplex Holdings Pte. Ltd. (Singapore), CAPARO (UK), Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. (Japan), AAPICO Hitech Public Company Limited (Thailand), Gestamp (Spain), Ford Motor Company (US).
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% between 2021 and 2028.
The driving factors of the Metal Stamping include
- Growing automotive industry
Asia Pacific was the leading regional segment of the Metal Stamping in 2020.