Liquid Packaging Market
Liquid Packaging Market Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Packaging Type Flexible, Rigid
- By Raw Material Paper, Plastics, Glass, Metal
- By Technique Modified Atmosphere Packaging, Aseptic Packaging, Intelligent Packaging, Vacuum Packaging
- By End-use Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Petrochemicals, Household Care
- By Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2022 - 2028|
|Historical Years:||2016 - 2021|
|Revenue 2021:||USD 451.2 Billion|
|Revenue 2028:||USD 597.7 Billion|
|Revenue CAGR (2022 - 2028):||4.8%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2022 - 2028)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2021):||Asia Pacific|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
Global Liquid Packaging Market is valued at USD 451.2 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach a value of USD 597.7 Billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period.
The increase in the worldwide population, the expansion of the middle class, and the urbanization of the world's population are all factors that are driving the growth of the Liquid Packaging market. As customers become more health-conscious and look for items that are handy and easy to use, it is anticipated that there will be an increase in demand for packaged food and beverages. Asia, which is home to sixty percent of the world's population, will be the primary driver of this expansion. Over the following decade, it is anticipated that the population of the region will rise by 1.3 billion people. The number of people who belong to the "middle class" on a worldwide scale is also growing. As people's incomes rise, they are more likely to spend money on luxury items like packaged juices and sodas.
Urbanization is another significant factor driving growth in the Liquid Packaging industry since it occurs along with the development of economies and the migration of people to cities. Changes in eating habits are one effect that urbanization has, along with an increasing desire for ready-to-eat meals and beverages that are portable and can be enjoyed while on the move. As a result of a rise in population around the globe, there will be a higher demand for liquids that are already packed. Therefore, there is a pressing need to find convenient packaging options that are both portable and simple to open. This includes items like containers that can be opened with a little amount of effort as well as packaging that is designed for single use. And last, there is a growing trend toward leading a healthy lifestyle and eating food rich in nutrients. This suggests that an increasing number of people are opting for nutrient-rich beverage options, such as smoothies and juices, in order to fulfill their needs. Also, new packaging technologies are allowing liquids to be packaged in a variety of innovative ways, making them more appealing to consumers.
Liquid Packaging Market Size, 2021 To 2028 (USD Billion)
This industry has a large number of prospects for professional advancement. Businesses that can develop solutions for packaging that are both inventive and convenient will be in high demand. And those who can capitalize on the trend toward healthy living will likewise find great success. The rigorous environmental rules that pertain to the packaging of liquid products are the primary issue that is acting as a barrier to the expansion of this market. For instance, in Europe, according to the Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive (94/62/EC), all forms of packaging are required to be recyclable. As a direct result of this order, numerous businesses have begun investing in research and development activities aimed at the creation of environmentally friendly liquid packaging options.
However, on the other hand, the market faces some restraints which are anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period. One of the major restraints for the Liquid Packaging market is the stringent environmental regulations regarding the usage of plastics. The governments of various countries have imposed bans on single-use plastics due to their harmful effects on the environment. This has led to the shift of preference towards biodegradable and sustainable liquid packaging solutions, which is expected to hinder the growth of the Liquid Packaging market during the forecast period. Another restraint for the Liquid Packaging market is the high cost associated with sustainable packaging solutions. The cost of biodegradable materials such as paper & glass is significantly higher than that of conventional plastic materials. This high cost is expected to deter the adoption of sustainable packaging solutions, thereby restraining the growth of the Liquid Packaging market during the forecast period.
Over the past few years, the international market for Liquid Packaging has grown at a staggering rate. One of the most common approaches to Liquid Packaging is the use of containers. These storage containers can be made out of metal, glass, plastic, or even just simple plastic. They can also be made in different diameters depending on the volume of liquid to be contained within the packaging. One key aspect fueling this growth is the increasing demand from numerous end-use sectors, including the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics sectors. Market growth is also being fueled by consumers' increasing knowledge of the value of prioritizing their own health and well-being.
In the past few years, there has been a major shift in the way liquids are packaged. This is due to several factors, including the rise of online shopping and the need for more sustainable packaging options. Here are some of the top market trends for Liquid Packaging:
● Increasing demand for packaged food and beverages: The global packaged food and beverage industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% from 2022 to 2028, driven by the increasing demand for convenient and ready-to-eat foods. This growth is expected to fuel the demand for Liquid Packaging solutions, as they are widely used in the food and beverage industry.
● Growing need for sustainable packaging solutions: There is an increasing focus on environmental sustainability, which has led to a growing need for sustainable packaging solutions. Liquid Packaging solutions made from biodegradable materials are gaining popularity as they help reduce environmental pollution.
● Increased adoption of flexible packaging: Flexible packaging is gaining popularity due to its lightweight and space-saving properties. Liquid products such as juices, soups, and sauces are typically packed in flexible pouches or bags, which offer superior shelf life and product protection compared to traditional rigid containers.
● Technological advances in Liquid Packaging: There have been several technological advances in Liquid Packaging in recent years, such as the development of barrier coatings and improved printing techniques. These advances have enhanced the functionality and aesthetics of liquid.
● Online Shopping: The rise of online shopping has had a major impact on the way liquids are packaged. More and more consumers are buying liquids online, which means that manufacturers need to ensure that their products are well-protected during shipping. This has led to an increase in the use of courier-style packaging, such as padded envelopes and bubble wrap.
● Convenience: Consumers are increasingly looking for convenience when it comes to Liquid Packaging. This includes features such as easy-open lids and pours spouts, which make it easier to use products without spillage or waste. Manufacturers are responding to this trend by offering more innovative packaging solutions that offer greater convenience and usability.
The global Liquid Packaging market is segmented based on Packaging Type, Raw Material, Technique, End-Use, and Region. Based on packaging type, the market is classified into flexible and rigid. Based on raw materials, the market has been segmented into paper, plastics, glass, and metal. Technique-wise, the global Liquid Packaging market has been segmented into modified atmosphere packaging, aseptic packaging, intelligent packaging, and vacuum packaging. Based on end-use, the market is segmented into personal care, food & beverage, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, and household care. Regionally, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Flexible packaging is often more convenient for consumers, as it is easier to store and transport. Rigid packaging, on the other hand, provides a higher level of protection for the product and can be more tamper-resistant. Rigid packaging emerged as a dominant segment in 2021, accounting for the major market share of over 85.5%. This can be attributed to the fact that rigid packaging provides better protection to liquids, thus ensuring their quality and freshness. Moreover, rigid packaging is also easy to store and transport, which makes it a preferred choice among manufacturers and consumers alike. Rigid packaging is also widely used in the electronics and automotive industries.
Flexible packaging is a type of packaging that can be easily deformed or bent. It is made of materials such as paper, foil, film, and fabric. Flexible packaging is widely used in the food and beverage industry.
In the packaging industry, different materials are used for different products and applications. Plastics are the most widely used raw material for Liquid Packaging and accounted for more than half of the global market value in 2021. The properties of plastics that make them ideal for packaging liquids include their light weight, flexibility, durability, and resistance to moisture and chemicals. Plastics can be molded into a wide variety of shapes and sizes, making them suitable for a wide range of packaging applications. Plastics are more durable than paper and can be easily molded into different shapes. However, they are not as environmentally friendly as other materials and may not be biodegradable.
Paper is a natural material that is biodegradable and recyclable. It is often used for food packagings such as cereal boxes and milk cartons. Paper can also be laminated to make it more durable and moisture-resistant. Glass is a natural material that is strong and transparent. It is often used for food packagings such as jars and bottles. Glass can be recycled but it is not biodegradable. Metal is a natural material that is strong and durable. It is often used for food packagings such as cans and tins. Metal can be recycled but it is not biodegradable. Paper is a relatively inexpensive material that can be easily sourced. However, it is not as durable as other materials and may not be able to withstand the rigors of shipping and handling. Glass is a durable material that can be easily cleaned and reused. However, it is also breakable and may not be suitable for shipping or handling. Metal is a durable material that can be easily cleaned and reused. However, it is also susceptible to rusting and may not be suitable for long-term storage. Metal can leach chemicals into your product and may not be ideal for all products. This is why plastics are dominating the market.
The aseptic Liquid Packaging segment is predicted to dominate the global market in the forecast period. It is a process in which products are packaged in a sterile environment. This process ensures that the product remains free of microorganisms and other contaminants. Aseptic Liquid Packaging is the most widely used packaging technique because it provides a number of benefits, including:
1. Extended shelf life: Aseptic packaging protects the product from spoiling, extending its shelf life.
2. Reduced costs: Aseptic packaging eliminates the need for expensive sterilization and cleaning procedures.
3. Enhanced safety: Aseptic packaging reduces the risk of cross-contamination and ensures that the product is safe to consume.
4. Improved quality: Aseptic packaging maintains the quality of the product, ensuring that it retains its nutritional value and flavor.
5. Increased convenience: Aseptic packaging allows the product to be stored and transported without refrigeration, making it more convenient for consumers.
The food & beverages industry is the largest end-use industry in the Liquid Packaging market and accounts for more than one-third of the total market. The growing demand for packaged food and beverages, especially in developing countries, is the key driver of this market. The changing lifestyle and rising disposable incomes are also contributing to the growth of this market. In terms of material, glass is the most widely used material in the Liquid Packaging market due to its properties such as durability, transparency, and recyclability. However, plastic is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to its properties such as lightweight, easy handling, and low cost.
Based on Region
As a result of the region's rapidly growing population as well as its increasing rate of urbanization, the Asia-Pacific region is forecast to become the most lucrative market for Liquid Packaging. China is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% from 2016 to 2025, making it the most rapidly developing nation in the Asia Pacific region. Because consumers' disposable incomes are growing and their lifestyles are becoming more diverse, India has emerged as one of the most important markets in this part of the world. Due to the rising demand for packaged food and beverages in the United States and Canada, it is anticipated that the North American region would increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% between the years 2016 and 2025. Because of the existence of important players in this region, such as Tetra Pak International S.A., Graham Packaging Company, Inc., and Huhtamaki Oyj, Europe is also a key market for Liquid Packaging. This is because Europe contains a large number of countries with developed economies.
● One of the most notable advancements is the development of flexible packaging. Flexible packaging is a type of packaging that can be easily adapted to different shapes and sizes. This type of packaging is perfect for liquids because it can be easily squeezed and conforms to the shape of the container.
● Government agencies such as the FDA and USDA have been working to promote the use of safe and sustainable packaging materials, which is expected to drive the growth of the Liquid Packaging market. In 2017, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China issued guidelines on the development of the sustainable packaging industry. This move is expected to create new opportunities for companies operating in the Liquid Packaging market in China.
The key players in the Global Liquid Packaging market include- Comar LLC, Tetra Laval International S.A., Liqui-Box Corporation, Evergreen Packaging Inc., International Paper Company, BillerudKorsnäs AB, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd., Klabin Paper, The DOW Chemical Company, Smurfit Kappa Group, Mondi PLC and others.
Segmentation of the Global Liquid Packaging Market:
|Regions & Countries Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
Frequently Asked Question
The global Liquid Packaging valued at USD 451.2 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 597.7 Billion in 2028 growing at a CAGR of 4.8%.
The prominent players in the market are Comar LLC, Tetra Laval International S.A., Liqui-Box Corporation, Evergreen Packaging Inc., International Paper Company, BillerudKorsnäs AB, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd., Klabin Paper, The DOW Chemical Company, Smurfit Kappa Group, Mondi PLC.
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% between 2021 and 2028.
The driving factors of the Liquid Packaging include
- Increase in demand for fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG)
Asia Pacific was the leading regional segment of the Liquid Packaging in 2020.