The global Liquid Handling System Market is valued at USD 4.2 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 6.6 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.9% between 2023 and 2030.
Automated Liquid Handling System (ALH) systems are pieces of equipment that are carefully programmed to handle liquids and produce accurate, reproducible outcomes in clinical and research settings. In clinical and research facilities, efficient and accurate Liquid Handling System techniques are critical. ELISA, time-resolved fluorescence, PCR setup, nucleic acid preparation, TLC spotting, SPE, next-generation sequencing for genomic research, and liquid-liquid extraction can all benefit from automated Liquid Handling System. Automated Liquid Handling System equipment has several advantages, including the ability to simplify sample preparation while keeping consistent high accuracy, as well as allowing labs to free up manual labor and run more samples while preserving repeatability. It aids in the preparation of samples for proteins, metabolites, genomics, and NGS applications, lowering setup times and protocol development.
Liquid Handling System Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The market is growing with the development of revolutionary automated Liquid Handling System workstations for non-contact dispensing.
- The automated liquid handling segment will continue to assert its dominance by type, capturing the largest market share globally throughout the forecast period 2023 to 2030.
- In 2022, with a revenue share of 40.6% in 2022, North America dominated the market.
- The Asia Pacific region will have the largest (CAGR) between 2023 and 2030.
Top Market Trends
- Sample preservation and contamination risk reduction are important in such life-threatening conditions; hence, reliance on automated Keywords that require minimal supervision while delivering reliable and reproducible results has been the standard. These encouraging policies have aided market growth and attracted investment in the Liquid Handling System sector.
- Manufacturers have created workstations based on various technologies to overcome surface adherence and distribute the droplets from the dispensing tool. Miniaturized platforms are being created for highly precise Liquid Handling System in a variety of procedures such as plate washing, bulk dispensing, and liquid transfer. Hamilton Company, Beckman Coulter, PerkinElmer, and LABCYTE INC are some of the main manufacturers of compact benchtop workstations.
- Furthermore, the use of artificial intelligence in automated Liquid Handling System to regulate various stages of the procedure and to make use of the capabilities of internet connectivity to communicate with the handlers remotely has provided profitable chances during the study period. Furthermore, the introduction of new products contributes to the market's expansion.
- Sample preparation is the most common impediment to studies in clinical and research genomics facilities these days, especially when it comes to high-throughput NGS. Sample preparation activities in the research laboratory are time-consuming, repetitive, and monotonous. Because of the benefits that automation provides, most genomics laboratories are increasingly adopting Liquid Handling System automation to make the sequencing workflow more cost-effective and efficient, consequently driving the market.
- The use of any technology or instrument to execute operations in the lab with little or no hands-on involvement from specialists is referred to as lab automation. Automated Liquid Handling System instruments, for example, offer various advantages, including ease of sample preparation, increased accuracy and repeatability, and a low necessity for manual labor.
- Growing research activities for genomics, medication development, and life sciences improvements are driving market expansion throughout the forecast period. This element is also contributing to market expansion. Additionally, the quick creation of many innovative labs by the government and prominent corporations in emerging economies to strengthen scientific research capabilities boosted market growth.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
During an economic downturn, both businesses and consumers cut their expenditures on investments and discretionary purchases. As a result, demand for Liquid Handling System may fall as businesses postpone or cancel growth plans, and consumers are less inclined to acquire new items. Inflationary pressures can also stifle the expansion of the Liquid Handling System market by raising the costs of raw materials, components, and labor. This can increase the cost of manufacturing Liquid Handling System and make it more difficult for enterprises to justify the investment in new systems. Exchange rate fluctuations can also have an impact on the market growth of Liquid Handling System, especially if they are imported. The cost of imported Liquid Handling System will rise if the value of the local currency falls against the currency of the exporting country. This can make investing in new systems less appealing for businesses.
The Global Liquid Handling System Market is categorized into the segments as mentioned below:
The global Liquid Handling System market can be categorized into Product, Type, Application, End Use, Region. The Liquid Handling System market can be categorized into Automated Workstations, Small Devices, Consumables based on Product. The Liquid Handling System market can be categorized into Automated Liquid Handling, Manual Liquid Handling, Semi-automated Liquid Handling based on Type. The Liquid Handling System market can be categorized into Drug Discovery & ADME-Tox Research, Cancer & Genomic Research, Bioprocessing/ Biotechnology, Other Applications based on Application. The Liquid Handling System market can be categorized into Academic & Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Contract Research Organizations based on End Use. The Liquid Handling System market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
Automated Workstations to witness Significant Growth in the Market Share Due to the Increasing Competitiveness among Pharmaceutical Companies
In 2022, the automated workstations category is poised to witness significant growth in the global market for Liquid Handling System. Automated Liquid Handling System workstations are further categorized based on their assembly and kind. The increasing competitiveness among pharmaceutical companies and their pursuit of novel pharmaceuticals to successfully cure ailments encourage the usage of automated workstations. The tiny footprint and ability to integrate with other devices with nanoliter capabilities lead to better market penetration of standalone pipettors. The compact size and open design of automated liquid handlers make it simple to combine them with numerous add-ons such as heating and cooling nests, incubators, automatable centrifuges, magnetic bead nests, microplate readers, and more. As a result, the segment's expansion is likely to be fueled by these enhanced characteristics of automated Liquid Handling System. As a result, the factors above are likely to contribute to the market's stable expansion.
Based on Application
Drug Discovery & & ADME-Tox Research Segment Expects Dominion, Owing to the Growing Demand for Drug Development
In 2022, the Drug Discovery & & ADME-Tox Research segment will dominate the Liquid Handling System market. In a single drug discovery experiment, millions of molecules are screened in order to identify a novel therapeutic candidate. The typical Liquid Handling System requirements of high throughput, low volume, and exceptional accuracy and precision are met by microarray technology. Some applications in drug discovery and ADME-Tox include stepwise serial dilution across a wide concentration range, compound selection and transfer for retesting, and confirmatory and further analysis. The most common uses for automated Liquid Handling System workstations in drug discovery and ADME-Tox research are plate-to-plate dilutions, plate replications, and plate reformatting. A significant advantage of adopting automated Liquid Handling System in drug development is the flexibility to integrate several types of liquid handlers with stackers or incubators to boost throughput.
Based on Region
North America To Dominate Global Sales Owing to High Demand R&D Investment in Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals, and Analytical Chemistry
In 2022, the North American region emerged as the dominant player in the Liquid Handling System market. In terms of R&D investment in life sciences, pharmaceuticals, and analytical chemistry, the United States leads the globe. It is one of the most important markets for bulk pharmaceuticals and completed dosage formulations, for which Liquid Handling System devices are utilized in drug manufacturing. Because Liquid Handling System are widely utilized in drug discovery, cancer research, and clinical diagnostics, the rise of these industries is likely to benefit the market. Other factors, such as rising infectious and chronic diseases, large company investments, and a greater number of products launched by market participants, are likely to promote market expansion. The rising prevalence of disease and the aging population in North America are driving up demand for new pharmaceuticals and medical treatments. Increased funding in clinical research activities in the United States has boosted the use of the Liquid Handling System. The fact that the government and research universities are raising financing for new medication development activities and strengthening research is another factor favoring the North American Liquid Handling System market.
The Liquid Handling System industry in Asia Pacific is rapidly growing in popularity. The country's enhanced R&D activities in medication development research boost market growth. Automated Liquid Handling System has become an essential technique in drug development, especially in screening campaigns involving millions of molecules. Growing drug development research leads to a rise in the use of Liquid Handling Systems in the country. Daiwa Securities Group of Japan invested JPY 14 billion in medication discovery in China in December 2020. Such subsidies for drug creation and research help the region's market grow.
The global Liquid Handling System market is highly competitive, with various key players operating in the industry. Some of the major companies in the market include Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), Danaher Corp. (U.S.), Agilent Technologies (U.S.), Gilson Inc. (U.S.), and PerkinElmer (U.S.). These businesses focus their efforts on research and development in order to develop unique and long-lasting products. Partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions are also common in the industry as companies seek to extend their range of goods and market presence.
The key players in the global Liquid Handling System market include - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), Danaher Corp. (U.S.), Agilent Technologies (U.S.), Gilson Inc. (U.S.), PerkinElmer (U.S.), Tecan Group Ltd. (Switzerland), Hamilton Company (U.S.), Eppendorf AG (Germany) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In January 2023, Novo Holdings confirmed a USD 40 million investment in Evosep to provide a robust and high-throughput proteomics solution to more clients.
- In December 2022, The UK government announced a €175 million investment in genomics research, including a study conducted by Genomics England in collaboration with the National Health Service (NHS) to investigate the efficacy of utilizing whole-genome sequencing to detect and cure uncommon genetic illnesses in newborn babies.
- In December 2022, The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care announced A €175 million fund to support cutting-edge genomics research for cancer patients and infants born with treatable uncommon genetic illnesses. A research effort led by Genomics England in collaboration with the NHS will cost Euro 105 million. The research will look into the efficacy of employing whole genome sequencing to detect and cure rare genetic illnesses in newborn newborns.
Segmentation of the Global Liquid Handling System Market
- Automated Workstations
- Small Devices
- Automated Liquid Handling
- Manual Liquid Handling
- Semi-automated Liquid Handling
- Drug Discovery & ADME-Tox Research
- Cancer & Genomic Research
- Bioprocessing/ Biotechnology
- Other Applications
By End Use
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.)
- Danaher Corp. (U.S.)
- Agilent Technologies (U.S.)
- Gilson Inc. (U.S.)
- PerkinElmer (U.S.)
- Tecan Group Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Hamilton Company (U.S.)
- Eppendorf AG (Germany)
|Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
|Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options