The global Label-Free Detection Market is valued at USD 540.2 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 1058.4 Million by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 8.8% between 2023 and 2030.
Innovations in (LFD) techniques have led to significant advancements in various analytical instruments. For instance, one notable development is the adaptation of mass spectrometry, resulting in the creation of surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization (SELDI) time of flight (TOF) mass spectrometry (MS). This innovative approach facilitates on-chip purification of target proteins, followed by ionizing the retained molecules for subsequent detection. In 2022, Spectris, a company based in the UK, introduced a cutting-edge iteration of differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) specifically designed for use in regulated environments. This DSC system provides essential data crucial for guiding biopharmaceutical development processes.
Label-Free Detection Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
Furthermore, in June 2022, Agilent Technologies Inc. unveiled a series of groundbreaking and intelligent MS systems, including the Agilent 5977C GC/MSD, 6475 triple quadrupole LC/MS system, 7000E GC/TQ, and the 7010C GC/TQ, during the 70th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Minnesota. These advanced MS systems boast enhanced detection sensitivity, automated sample reinjection capabilities, high throughput, efficiency, and other sophisticated features, streamlining laboratory operations. These technological advancements have spurred greater adoption of label-free technologies by pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies and academic research institutes for biomolecular analysis in the context of drug discovery. This surge in adoption is expected to drive market growth. Furthermore, the market is poised for substantial expansion by continuously introducing innovations in technologies.
- According to sources, Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance (LSPR) showed remarkable accuracy and sensitivity in COVID-19 RNA detection, highlighting its importance in technology and signaling potential market growth.
- North America generated more than 38.9% of revenue share in 2022.
- The Asia Pacific area is expected to grow quickly from 2023 to 2030.
- The Instruments segment accounted for the most considerable market growth and contributed over 34.7% of the total revenue share in 2022.
- Surface Plasmon Resonance segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 29.5% of the total revenue share in 2022.
- The Binding Kinetics segment accounts for the most significant revenue of 37.4% in 2022.
- The Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies segment accounts for the most significant revenue of 31.7% in 2022.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Economic changes, such as increased healthcare expenditure and favorable government initiatives promoting research and development activities, are expected to contribute to the growth of the market. Demand on the market is also influenced by the growing emphasis on customized medicine and the requirement for quicker and more precise diagnostics. The market is highly influenced by factors related to the supply chain. The manufacture and marketing of these technologies may be impacted by the accessibility and availability of the raw materials and parts needed for label-free detecting systems. Any complications or delays in the supply chain could harm the market's expansion and raise the cost of devices. Furthermore, the market is highly globalized, with key players operating worldwide. Global trade policies, geopolitical stability, and economic conditions in different regions influence the market's growth. Changes in these factors can impact the market dynamics, including demand and supply patterns, pricing, and market competition.
Top Market Trends
- Advancements in biosensors: The field of biosensors is rapidly evolving, leading to the development of more sensitive and specific methods. For example, SPR biosensors are increasingly integrated with microfluidic systems to enable high-throughput analysis.
- Growing applications in drug discovery: techniques are precious in drug discovery and development, allowing researchers to study protein-ligand interactions in real-time. This leads to increased adoption of methods by pharmaceutical companies.
- Rising demand for personalized medicine: The shift towards customized treatment drives the need for methods. These techniques enable researchers to study patient-specific biomarkers and develop targeted therapies.
- Increasing use in academic research: technologies are gaining popularity, offering advantages such as sensitivity, speed, and ease of use. This results in the broader adoption of these techniques in various fields of study.
- Integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML): AI and ML are applied to data analysis, enabling faster and more accurate interpretation of results. This trend is expected to lead to the development of AI-driven platforms.
The Global Market is segmented across the below-mentioned segments:
The globel Label-Free Detection market can be categorized into Product & Service, Technology, Application, End User, Region. The Market can be categorized into Instruments, Consumables, Software & Service based on Product & Service. The Market can be categorized into Surface Plasmon Resonance, Bio-Layer Interferometry, Isothermal Titration Calorimetry, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Other Technologies based on Technology. The Market can be categorized into Binding Kinetics, Binding Thermodynamics, HIT Confirmation, Lead Generation, Endogenous Receptor Detection, Other Applications based on Application. The Market can be categorized into Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic & Research Institutes, Contract Research Organization, Other End Users based on End User. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product & Service
The Instruments Expected to Hold the Largest Share in the Projected Period
The Instruments segment holds the majority of the market share in 2022 due to the surge in demand for instruments for . Instruments play a crucial role in the market as they enable the measurement and analysis of molecular interactions. Several types of instruments are used in , including surface plasmon resonance (SPR) systems, bio-layer interferometry (BLI) systems, calorimetry instruments, and others. In addition, the growth of the instruments segment in the market can be attributed to several factors. Firstly, there is an increasing demand for drug discovery and development, which requires the analysis of molecular interactions in real time and without labeling. instruments provide researchers with a reliable and efficient way to study potential drug candidates' binding kinetics and thermodynamics.
Based on Technology
Surface Plasmon Resonance Dominated the Market in Recent Times
Surface Plasmon Resonance accounted for the market growth in 2022. The development of the SPR segment in the market can be attributed to several factors. Firstly, the increasing adoption of the SPR technique in drug discovery and development has fuelled the demand for SPR-based systems. These systems enable researchers to study molecular interactions, screen drug candidates, and optimize lead compounds more efficiently and cost-effectively. Additionally, the advancements in SPR technology have made it more sensitive, precise, and user-friendly, further driving its adoption in various research areas. For instance, developing high-throughput SPR systems has allowed researchers to simultaneously analyse multiple samples, increasing the throughput and efficiency of experiments.
Based on Application
Binding Kinetics segment led the market
Binding Kinetics led the market in 2022 owing to the increasing demand for label-free drug discovery techniques, technological advancements, and investment in academic and government-funded research projects. Additionally, the growing focus on personalized medicine and the rise in biologics and biosimilars have fueled the demand for binding kinetics analysis. Biologics, such as monoclonal antibodies, require rigorous characterization and assessment of their binding kinetics to ensure their safety and efficacy. techniques offer a non-destructive and label-free approach to studying complex interactions, making them an ideal choice for biologics research.
Based on Region
North America Expected to Lead the Market
North America is accounted to have substantial market growth in 2022, driven by its technological innovation, growing government funding, rising disease prevalence, and expanding drug discovery initiatives. In 2021, the United States alone registered approximately 121,690 clinical studies, as reported by the National Clinical Trials Registry (NCT). Additionally, collaborations between pharmaceutical firms, academic institutions, and numerous biotechnology companies further contribute to the region's market growth.
The (LFD) market is characterized by fragmentation and intense competition, featuring numerous prominent players. These companies are strategically employing various initiatives, including mergers, the introduction of new products, acquisitions, and partnerships, to enhance their market standing. Moreover, these industry leaders offer comprehensive product portfolios catering to diverse end-user needs, maintain a robust global presence, and prioritize ongoing product innovations. For instance, Gator Bio, Inc. introduced the Gator SMAP probe and Gator mFC probe as valuable additions to their GatorPrime and GatorPlus biolayer interferometry (BLI) systems, designed specifically for researching small molecule-protein kinetics and conducting kinetic screening for hybridoma and small peptides.
The players in the global market include Medtronic PLC (Ireland), Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands), Bruker Corporation (U.S.), Corning Incorporated (U.S.), Sartorius AG (Germany), Cytiva (Danaher Corporation) (U.S.), Horiba Ltd. (Japan), Nicoya Lifesciences (Canada), Malvern Panalytical (UK), PerkinElmer Inc. (U.S.), Shimadzu Corporation (Japan), Thermo Fisher Scientific (U.S.), Fluidic Analytics (Switzerland) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In August 2022, Bruker Corporation has unveiled its latest offerings, including the nanoElute 2 nano-LC system, MetaboScape software, and TASQ 2023 software. These advancements support fluxomics research and incorporate PaSERs intelligent acquisition for improved studies in protein-protein interactions (PPIs) and metaproteomics applications. Notably, nanoElute 2 introduces nano-LC enhancements that facilitate automated single-cell sample preparation using the label-free ProteoCHIP on the CellenONE platform.
- In April 2022, Sartorius has introduced the Octet SF3, marking the debut of the SPR system within the Sartorius Octet line. The Octet SF3 represents a cutting-edge SPR instrument, providing robust, high-throughput, and low-maintenance capabilities for characterizing biomolecular interactions.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Product & Service (Instruments, Consumables, Software & Service)
- Technology (Surface Plasmon Resonance, Bio-Layer Interferometry, Isothermal Titration Calorimetry, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Other Technologies)
- Application (Binding Kinetics, Binding Thermodynamics, HIT Confirmation, Lead Generation, Endogenous Receptor Detection, Other Applications)
- End User (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic & Research Institutes, Contract Research Organization, Other End Users)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Medtronic PLC (Ireland)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands)
- Bruker Corporation (U.S.)
- Corning Incorporated (U.S.)
- Sartorius AG (Germany)
- Cytiva (Danaher Corporation) (U.S.)
- Horiba Ltd. (Japan)
- Nicoya Lifesciences (Canada)
- Malvern Panalytical (UK)
- PerkinElmer Inc. (U.S.)
- Shimadzu Corporation (Japan)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (U.S.)
- Fluidic Analytics (Switzerland)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options