Global Gluten-Free Products Products Market is valued at USD 6.3 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 11.8 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 9.5% over the forecast period.
A Gluten-Free Products diet excludes food products containing gluten, a protein found in wheat, and several other grains. A Gluten-Free Products diet consumes only whole foods that do not contain gluten, such as fruits, vegetables, meat, and eggs, along with processed Gluten-Free Products products, including Gluten-Free Products bread and pasta. The global Gluten-Free Products products market is driven primarily by contributing factors such as the rising prevalence of celiac disease and other diseases owing to unhealthy lifestyles combined with the rising consumption of healthy food products. These food products are being consumed at an increased rate to prevent disorders, including heart diseases, diabetes, obesity, chronic pulmonary disease, and metabolic syndromes.
The outbreak of the ongoing pandemic increased the utilization of Gluten-Free Products products owing to rising health and wellness-related concerns among consumers. An increasing incidence of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and celiac diseases among the general population is expected to drive the demand for Gluten-Free Products products. The rising prevalence of such diseases within developed economies such as North America and Europe and the increasing number of physicians and doctors recommending a Gluten-Free Products diet will further aid sustainable market growth.
A rising number of people shifting from paleo or keto diets, individuals requiring Gluten-Free Products diets owing to their existing medical conditions, and consumers inclining a Gluten-Free Products lifestyle will contribute to the global Gluten-Free Products products market during the forecast period. Factors such as increased inclination towards shifting consumer adoption of healthier foods and technological developments in manufacturing and production techniques will contribute to global market growth. Personalized shopping experiences in specialty stores are expected to allow global Gluten-Free Products products to widen their scope.
Gluten-Free Products Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Factors such as in-store nutritionists within specialty stores and color-coded shelf tags that indicate nutritional properties of certain products, including heart-healthy and Gluten-Free Products, are driving increased consumers within their stores. These factors will give rise to surging sales within specialty stores, fuelling the growth of the global Gluten-Free Products products market. However, a limited supply of Gluten-Free Products products due to disrupted supply chains is expected to constrain the market's growth. Additionally, manufacturers need help with formulation for developing products that excel in texture, flavor, and taste.
Many financial analysts and economists projected that, if not already, most of the global economy would be in a recession. However, as 2022 finishes and 2023 begins, the worldwide slowdown is anticipated to worsen. Given the labor market's crowded, studies have shown that the US experienced a recession during the first half of 2022. The likelihood of a post-pandemic economic recovery has been lowered in many countries due to the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine. It is anticipated that the economies of developed and developing nations in Europe and Central Asia will bear most of this financial load. The global economy will continue to be affected by energy price shocks, resulting in a decline in economic activity throughout 2023. The invasion of Ukraine by Russia is anticipated to accelerate.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends:
1. Adoption of Microencapsulation: Recent developments in microencapsulation technologies have led manufacturers to increase their products' shelf-life. Additionally, the same technology is being incorporated to overcome the cardboard-like consistency of refrigerated pizza, rising crust pizza, frozen biscuits, refrigerated dough, and scoop-and-bake frozen muffins. These factors are expected to propel the global Gluten-Free Products products market growth during the forecast period.
2. Rising Diagnosis of Celiac Diseases and Other Food Allergies to Widen Market Scope: Rising number of gluten intolerance or celiac diseases among the global population combined with other immunity disorders, including osteoporosis, thyroid diseases, and cancer, will lead to an increasing footprint of the Gluten-Free Products products. Prominent manufacturers are also focused on aggressive marketing strategies for promoting their products that are expected to capitalize on the ongoing trends.
3. Increasing Government Awareness: Rising government-based promotions and awareness campaigns about celiac diseases and establishing labels for Gluten-Free Products products will promote increased sales for Gluten-Free Products products. This has led to increased consumption of Gluten-Free Products products among the public in all regions, including developing economies.
4. Surging Number of Working Women: Studies have indicated a rising number of working women increasing their dependency on Gluten-Free Products meals and convenience-free food. These factors are expected to increase the demand for shelf-stable, convenient food. Additionally, the increasing number of retail stores worldwide combined with rising concerns regarding health-related diseases due to lessened physical activities will sustainably fuel the market's growth.
5. Rising Availability of Products by Manufacturers: The prominent manufacturers are focusing on providing products with a range of options and higher taste, quality, and nutritional value for consumers who maintain a competitive position.
The global Gluten-Free Products products market can be categorized on the following: Type, Distribution Channel, Form, Source, and Regions. Based on type, the market can be categorized into bakery products, snacks & RTE products, condiments & dressings, pizzas & pastas, and other types. By distribution channel, the market can be segmented across conventional stores and specialty stores. In terms of form, the market can be fragmented across solid and liquid. By source, the market can be split between plant and animal. Likewise, based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
Bakery Products to Dominate Market Sales Owing to Rising Awareness Regarding Healthy Diets
Bakery products are expected to account for the largest market share in registering maximum sales. Contributing factors such as rising awareness regarding a healthier diet, including natural and organic food products combined with a diverse product portfolio, are expected to add to the segmental growth. Rising demand for Gluten-Free Products bread will lead to the growth of bakery products. Legacy bread manufacturers are inclining toward Gluten-Free Products products to accommodate the rising demand. These factors will contribute to the global Gluten-Free Products products market during the forecast period. Due to rising millennial demand, snacks and RTE products will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR.
Based on Distribution Channel
Conventional Stores to Occupy Largest Market While Specialty Stores to Grow with the Fastest Growing CAGR
Conventional stores are expected to register the largest market share in revenue and sales during the forecast period. Conventional stores provide easy accessibility to a wide range of Gluten-Free Products products under one roof. Additionally, consumers can choose products from a wide availability and price range. An increasing number of seasonally driven displays that include Gluten-Free Products products often leads to the promotion of new products. Additionally, conventional stores make it convenient for retailers and distributors to sell their products to individual consumers. These factors will add to the segmental growth. Specialty stores will grow with the fastest growing CAGR owing to the increasing amount of delivery modes and other attractive offers such as free shipping and bulk discounts.
Based on Form
Solid Form to Reign Dominance Owing to Longer Shelf-Life
The solid form of Gluten-Free Products products is expected to widen its footprint during the global forecast in terms of sales. These products have a longer shelf-life than their counterparts. Additionally, attributable properties such as easy logistical applications combined with convenience in manufacturing and production will further contribute to segmental growth. Liquid-based Gluten-Free Products products will grow with the fastest growing CAGR owing to less cost of production.
Based on Source
Plant-Based Products to Register Maximum Share Owing to Rising Vegan Population
Plant-based Gluten-Free Products products are expected to register the largest market share during the forecast period. Factors such as increasing the global population towards veganism or a vegetarian diet combined with increased consumer awareness towards the health benefits of Gluten-Free Products products will increase the footprint of the segmental growth. Additionally, these products are exceptionally toxic-free and are manufactured with an environmental-free nature. These factors are gaining tremendous popularity for plant-based products. Animal-based Gluten-Free Products products are expected to grow with the fastest-growing CAGR as they provide a higher value of nutrients.
Based on Region
North America to Register Largest Market Share Due to Easy Availability and Rising Public Awareness
The global Gluten-Free Products market is expected to be dominated by the North American region in terms of volume and revenue. Factors such as easy availability in the region and rising public awareness regarding the health benefits of these products will drive sustainable product growth in the market. Additionally, the growth of the US Gluten-Free Products products market is expected to contribute the largest market share to the North American region due to rising awareness regarding celiac disease and increased consumption among children. Also, a rising number of consumers being diagnosed with a disorder that allows for following a Gluten-Free Products diet to avoid symptoms will contribute to the expanding market.
Asia Pacific will witness the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period due to rising internet penetration and expanding e-commerce industry. Factors such as favorable demographics for Gluten-Free Products products and rising consumers diagnosed with gluten intolerance/sensitivity will add to the market growth.
The global Gluten-Free Products products industry is expected to thrive during the forecast period due to heavy investments by prominent players within their R&D departments. Additionally, increasing product portfolios by the dominant players are expected to cater to a wider consumer base. Also, increased aggressive manufacturing and marketing strategies are expected to increase the footprint of the global Gluten-Free Products products market.
The key players in the global Gluten-Free Products products market include - Conagra Brands Inc. (U.S.), The Hain Celestial Group Inc. (U.S.), General Mills Inc. (U.S.), Kellogg Co. (U.S.), The Kraft Heinz Company (U.S.), Hero AG (Switzerland), Barilla G.E.R. (Italy), Fratelli S.P.A. (Italy), Seitz Glutenfrei (Germany), Freedom Foods Group Limited (Australia), Ecotone (France) among others.
Recent Market Developments:
· September 2022: Vegolution, a Bengaluru-based startup, announced that they were launching – Hello Tempayy, a super bean-based, easy-to-cook, Gluten-Free Products food that can be adopted across cuisines, meal occasions, and cooking styles. These product launches will be made available in New Delhi and Gurgaon.
· September 2021: Rudi announced they were launching 15 new products in their organic and Gluten-Free Products product domain that will be produced using a new fermentation process and include new packaging.
· November 2021: Hy-Vee Inc. announced that they were introducing Good Graces, a new private band with a full range of Gluten-Free Products products. Good Graces will include 30 Gluten-Free Products products, with an additional 60 items in the last stages of development.
· July 2021: Feel Good Goods, a market leader in Gluten-Free Products frozen snacks and brand appetizers, announced they were launching Gluten-Free Products square pan pizza. These products will be made available in Margherita, Truffle Mushroom, and Four Cheese and will each include a baking tray.
Segmentation of the Global Gluten-Free Products Products Market
- Types (Bakery Products, Snacks & RTE Products, Condiments & Dressings, Pizzas & Pastas, Other Types)
- Distribution Channels (Conventional Stores, Specialty Stores)
- Forms (Solid, Liquid)
- Sources (Plant, Animal)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Conagra Brands Inc. (U.S.)
- The Hain Celestial Group Inc. (U.S.)
- General Mills Inc. (U.S.)
- Kellogg Co. (U.S.)
- The Kraft Heinz Company (U.S.)
- Hero AG (Switzerland)
- Barilla G.E.R. (Italy)
- Fratelli S.P.A. (Italy)
- Seitz Glutenfrei (Germany)
- Freedom Foods Group Limited (Australia)
- Ecotone (France)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options