The global Flow Cytometry Market is valued at USD 4.6 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 9.03 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 8.8% between 2023 and 2030.
Driven by the growing need for sophisticated diagnostic instruments in the medical field, the Flow Cytometry market is expanding. The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) has data that shows the global Flow Cytometry market is expected to grow at a consistent rate of about 8.4% CAGR and reach $6.36 billion in value by 2026. Numerous causes have contributed to this expansion, including the increased incidence of chronic illnesses like cancer and HIV/AIDS. These call for precise cell analysis methods for early diagnosis and therapy monitoring. Furthermore, the market is growing due to the growing uses of Flow Cytometry in immunology, stem cells, and drug discovery research. In addition, technological developments like the creation of high-parameter flow cytometers are improving the precision and effectiveness of cell analysis, which is propelling the market's growth.
Flow Cytometry Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The increasing demand for personalized medicine and immunotherapy is a significant driver for the Flow Cytometry market, necessitating precise cell analysis techniques for tailored treatment approaches.
- Cell-based Flow Cytometry will continue to assert its dominance by technology, capturing the largest market share globally throughout the forecast period 2023 to 2030.
- In 2022, North America exhibited its market prowess, achieving the highest revenue share of over 42%.
- The Asia Pacific region is poised for remarkable growth, displaying a noteworthy Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) between 2023 and 2030.
Top Market Trends
- In the Flow Cytometry industry, immunophenotyping—a method that identifies and categorizes cells according to their surface antigens—is still in demand. More thorough cell profiling is becoming more and more in demand as immunotherapy and tailored medicine gain traction. This trend is led by Flow Cytometry, which makes it possible for scientists to study intricate immune cell populations and support the creation of targeted treatments. Research that has been published in journals such as Nature Reviews Immunology, which emphasize the critical function of Flow Cytometry in immunophenotyping, supports this tendency.
- Another well-known trend is the incorporation of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) into Flow Cytometry data analysis. This advancement improves automation, expedites data interpretation, and raises result correctness. According to a number of trade blogs and newspapers, academic institutions and biotechnology firms are actively investigating AI-driven solutions for Flow Cytometry data. This trend is a major emphasis in the continuous expansion of the market because it not only maximizes workflow efficiency but also presents the possibility of extracting novel insights from intricate cytometric data sets.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The COVID-19 epidemic has had both beneficial and negative effects on the Flow Cytometry business, which economic insights have greatly impacted. The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) reported that the early stages of the pandemic had a negative impact on the market, resulting in supply chain disruptions, postponing research projects, and lowering capital equipment acquisition budgets for healthcare facilities. But as the pandemic spread, Flow Cytometry became more important in the battle against COVID-19. The development of vaccines and immunological profiling benefited greatly from flow cytometers, which raised demand. As reported in news stories and blogs from the business, this increase in demand was especially noticeable in diagnostics and academic research. Consequently, the pandemic showed the Flow Cytometry market's durability and adaptation in the face of economic swings, even though it initially presented challenges. In the end, it accelerated innovation and acceptance in the market.
The Global Market is segregated into the segments as mentioned below:
The globel Flow Cytometry market can be categorized into Technology, Product and Service, Application, End User, Region. The Market can be categorized into Cell-based Flow Cytometry, Bead-based Flow Cytometry based on Technology. The Market can be categorized into Reagents & Consumables, Instruments, Services, Software, Accessories based on Product and Service. The Market can be categorized into Research Applications, Clinical Applications, Industrial Applications based on Application. The Market can be categorized into Academic & Research Institutes, Hospitals & Clinical Testing Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies based on End User. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on the Technology
Cell-based Cytometry to Dominate Owing to Increasing Utilization within the Research and Clinical Applications
In 2022, the market leader in Flow Cytometry is cell-based Flow Cytometry. A number of important variables can explain this preference. Cell-based Flow Cytometry is a vital tool for research and clinical diagnostics since it is primarily used to analyze cellular properties. It is widely used in areas such as immunology, cancer, and hematology to evaluate cellular processes, including apoptosis and immunophenotyping. Furthermore, developments in cell-based Flow Cytometry technology have produced high-parameter devices that can analyze numerous cell parameters at once, providing researchers and medical professionals with a thorough understanding of cellular activities. Because of its adaptability, accuracy, and growing range of uses, cell-based Flow Cytometry is the preferred product for satisfying a wide range of market demands.
Based on Products & Services
Instruments to Augment Higher Growth Rate Owing to Increasing Prominence
In 2022, in the Flow Cytometry market, instruments are the most popular product. There are a few important variables that contribute to this prominence. The main tools in this discipline, flow cytometers, are essential for sorting and cell analysis, which makes them the foundation of any Flow Cytometry workflow. The development of high-parameter flow cytometers, which can simultaneously examine multiple cellular parameters and provide researchers and clinicians with unparalleled insights, is the result of ongoing innovation in instrument technology. The fact that instruments are frequently the largest investment made in Flow Cytometry setups highlights their importance even more. Although reagents, consumables, software, services, and accessories all have important supporting roles to play, instruments are the most widely used product on the market because of their indispensable function in carrying out Flow Cytometry experiments and analyses.
Based on Application
Research Applications to Witness Substantial Share Due to Increasing Utilization in Academics and Scientific Fields
In 2022, the second most popular segment of the Flow Cytometry market is research applications. This supremacy is the result of numerous important causes. Multiple academic and scientific fields, including immunology, cell biology, microbiology, and cancer research, use Flow Cytometry significantly in their work. Flow cytometers are a vital instrument for performing experiments and comprehending biological processes because researchers use them to evaluate and classify cells. Furthermore, Flow Cytometry's adaptability makes it possible to conduct a broad range of research applications, from straightforward cellular characterization to complex multicolor analytic procedures. Although Flow Cytometry is also used in clinical and industrial settings, research applications are the main and most common usage of this technology because of its fundamental role in expanding scientific knowledge and innovation.
Based on End Users
Volumetric Sales in Academic & Research Institutions to Grow Owing to Immunology
In 2022, users in the Flow Cytometry industry are primarily academic and research institutions. This supremacy is the result of numerous important causes. In order to conduct tests in a variety of domains, including immunology, oncology, and microbiology, and to comprehend cellular processes, Flow Cytometry is an essential instrument for academic and scientific research. It allows researchers to evaluate and sort cells precisely. Moreover, educational establishments frequently take the lead in creating cutting-edge Flow Cytometry applications, which promotes the ongoing development of the technique. Although Flow Cytometry is used for drug discovery and development by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, hospitals, and clinical testing laboratories, academic and research institutes play a fundamental role in driving innovation and expanding the body of knowledge in Flow Cytometry, making them the primary and largest user segment in the market.
Based on Region
North American Sales to Skyrockets due to Existence of a Strong R&D Infrastructure
In the Flow Cytometry market, North America is linked to the highest sales figures. This supremacy is mostly attributable to the existence of a strong research and development base, an increased incidence of chronic illnesses driving the need for cutting-edge diagnostic tools, and a strong healthcare infrastructure. Leading position in sales is also attributed to North America's significant presence of major industry participants and reputable universities and research institutes.
There is a sharp increase in the Flow Cytometry market in Asia Pacific. Growing healthcare spending, growing public knowledge of sophisticated diagnostic technologies, and the development of the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors are the main drivers of this rise. Furthermore, the Asia Pacific region is experiencing rapid growth in the Flow Cytometry market due to its sizable population base and escalating research endeavors.
The market for Flow Cytometry is very competitive, with major competitors including Danaher Corp. (U.S.), Becton Dickinson and Company (U.S.), Sysmex Corp. (Japan), and Agilent Technologies Inc. (U.S.) to name a few. To hold onto their market positions, these businesses concentrate on strategic alliances, acquisitions, and new product breakthroughs. Furthermore, by providing specialized products, up-and-coming companies like Bio-Rad Laboratories and Sony Biotechnology are becoming more popular. The ongoing development of sophisticated Flow Cytometry equipment, software, and reagents—with a particular focus on improving research and clinical applications—is what propels the market's competitiveness.
The key players in the global Flow Cytometry market include - Danaher Corp. (U.S.), Becton Dickinson and Company (U.S.), Sysmex Corp. (Japan), Agilent Technologies Inc. (U.S.), Apogee Flow Systems Ltd. (UK), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), Stratedigm Inc. (U.S.), DiaSorin S.P.A. (Italy), Miltenyi Biotec (Germany), Sony Biotechnology Inc. (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In November 2022, Sony Corporation unveiled SFA—Life Sciences Cloud Platform, a cloud-based tool for processing Flow Cytometry data that facilitates the easy identification of uncommon cells in a variety of cell populations, including cancer cells and stem cells. The method does this by utilizing information from flow cytometers.
- In September 2022, Becton, Dickinson, and Company launched BD Research Cloud. This cloud-based software program optimizes the Flow Cytometry workflow to assist researchers in a variety of disciplines, including virology, oncology, immunology, and infectious disease surveillance, in conducting more effective studies and obtaining findings more quickly.
Segmentation of the Global Flow Cytometry Market
- Technology (Cell-based Flow Cytometry, Bead-based Flow Cytometry)
- Product and Service (Reagents & Consumables, Instruments, Services, Software, Accessories)
- Application (Research Applications, Clinical Applications, Industrial Applications)
- End User (Academic & Research Institutes, Hospitals & Clinical Testing Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Danaher Corp. (U.S.)
- Becton Dickinson and Company (U.S.)
- Sysmex Corp. (Japan)
- Agilent Technologies Inc. (U.S.)
- Apogee Flow Systems Ltd. (UK)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (U.S.)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.)
- Stratedigm Inc. (U.S.)
- DiaSorin S.P.A. (Italy)
- Miltenyi Biotec (Germany)
- Sony Biotechnology Inc. (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options