End Of Line Packaging Market
End Of Line Packaging Market - Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Technology Automatic, Semi-Automatic
- By Order Types Customized, Standard
- By Functions Stand Alone, Integrated, Labelling, Palletizing, Stretch wrapping, Carton Erecting Sealing, Packing, Other Functions
- By Sources Microbial Pesticides, BT Products, Non-BT Products, Biochemical Pesticides, Plant-Incorporated Protectants
- By Products Bioinsecticides, Bio Fungicides, Bioherbicides, Bionematicides, Others (including Plant Growth Regulators)
- By End Users Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Electronics & Semiconductor, Automotive, Chemical Products, Consumer Products, Other End Users
- By Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2021 - 2028|
|Historical Years:||2016 - 2020|
|Revenue 2021:||USD 5.5 Billion|
|Revenue 2028:||USD 6.8 Billion|
|Revenue CAGR (2021 - 2028):||3.7%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2021 - 2028)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2021):||Europe|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
The Global End of Line Packaging Market is valued at USD 5.5 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach a value of USD 6.8 Billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period.
The End of Line Packaging market is experiencing significant growth due to increasing awareness about the importance of sustainable packaging and decreasing environmental impact. In addition, manufacturers are looking for cost-effective and sustainable packaging options to help them meet regulatory requirements. The End of Line Packaging market also benefits from increasing polymer additive and printing demand. Sustainability has become a key priority for many manufacturers, and they are shifting their focus to end environmentally friendly packaging solutions. These manufacturers are looking for environmentally friendly bags, boxes, crates, wraps, labels, and other End of Line Packaging products to help reduce their environmental footprint. In addition, these manufacturers are also looking for cost-effective and sustainable packaging solutions that can meet regulatory requirements. The polymer additive and printing industries are two key contributors to the End of Line Packaging market. Demand from these industries is fuelling the growth of this market segment. Increasing awareness about the importance of sustainability is driving the adoption of environmentally friendly materials in these industries. In addition, the growing demand for low Manufacturing costs is also supporting the growth of this market segment. There also supports this market segment's grow this. Several other factors are driving medical products and cosmetics, increasing awareness about environmental concerns, and an increase in global trade.
End of Line Packaging Market Size, 2021 To 2028 (USD Billion)
Additionally, sustainability regulations motivate manufacturers to introduce more eco-friendly packaging solutions. The increasing popularity of medical products and cosmetic brands has increased the demand for End of Line Packaging. This is because these products require special protection against exposure to light, moisture, and other contaminants. Additionally, this type of packaging is required when certain materials used in these products are subject to stringent regulations by the government or manufacturers. For example, many medical devices come with specific safety requirements that must be adhered to. Another factor driving the growth of this market is growing concern over pollution. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines have increased awareness about the harmful effects that chemicals can have on the environment. As a result, consumers are increasingly looking for food and consumer goods that are free from harmful chemicals.
In addition, there has been an increase in reports about air quality problems in major cities around the world due to increases in Vehicle Emissions (VOCs). These concerns have resulted in more people opting for organic foods and other items free from chemical pollutants. The eco-friendly trend is one of the major factors influencing this market’s growth. Consumers are increasingly looking for sustainable and environmentally friendly packaging solutions that do not harm the environment. This has led to more sustainable End of Line Packaging options such as biodegradable and compostable packaging materials.
Furthermore, increased awareness about health hazards associated with traditional polystyrene packaging material is also contributing to the growth of this market. For instance, polystyrene foam is widely used in food delivery because it protects the food from contact with air and moisture. However, exposure to these toxins can lead to health problems such as asthma in childhood. As a result, consumers are increasingly opting for alternatives such as paper or plastic wrap made from plant resources like corn starch or rice starch. Innovative carrier packaging materials are also fueling the growth of this market. These materials include recyclable and biodegradable materials that can be used to package various products. Some examples include plant-based plastics from diverse crops like jute or cotton, bioplastics derived from renewable sources like sugarcane or cornstarch, and natural fibers like corncob or bamboo pulp.
The market is hindered by key limitations such as the high cost of raw materials, limited customization options, and poor customer awareness. The high cost of raw materials is one of the key restraints on the growth of the End of Line Packaging market. This factor has led to an increased focus on value-added products such as customized labels and closures, which are expected to account for a larger market share over the forecast period. Other constraints include limited customization options and poor customer awareness. These two factors limit manufacturers' adoption of innovative technologies that are crucial for this market segment.
Furthermore, a lack of trust among customers toward new technologies limits their uptake in this market segment. A lack of uniformity in product specifications across different manufacturers leads to End of Line Packaging market fragmentation, limiting its potential growth prospects. Additionally, low levels of trust among customers hamper their adoption of innovative technologies such as 360° printing and 3D printing, which could provide significant benefits in terms of time savings, accuracy, and environmental sustainability.
Top Market Trends
● The development of biodegradable End of Line Packaging: This technology helps reduce environmental impact and improve efficiency on production lines by decomposing without causing pollution. There are also innovations in laboratory testing and quality control to ensure that products packaged using these technologies do not pose any health risks.
● The use of recycled materials for End of Line Packaging: This is due to growing concerns about global waste management problems and the depletion of natural resources. Various companies are thus adopting innovative methods to utilize recycled materials for their packaging products. For example, some develop eco-friendly adhesive tapes from recycled PET waste, while others convert post-consumer plastic bottles into cartons using advanced printing techniques.
● Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI has been used to help identify products throughout the supply chain and automate certain processes. This includes complex tasks such as identifying foreign objects or expired products. AI has also been used to create customized labels for products.
● Use of advanced materials for End of Line Packaging: End of Line Packaging requires high strength and durability to resist creasing, tearing, and puncturing during transportation and storage. Manufacturers increasingly rely on advanced materials such as thermoset plastics, delaminated vinyl, and recycled post-consumer material to meet this requirement.
● Increased focus on water conservation: With increasing awareness about the impact of Climate Change on global economies, manufacturers are looking to reduce waste arising from their product supply chains. This includes reducing packaging volume as well as improving recycling rates. For example, some brands are opting for supersized cans that can be recycled into new can liners without adding to overall waste output.
The market is segmented based on Technology, Order Type, Function, End User, and Region. Based on Technology, the market is segmented into Automatic and Semi-Automatic. Furthermore, based on Order Type, the market is segmented into Customized and Standard. Moreover, based on Function, the market is segmented into Stand Alone, Integrated, Labelling, Palletizing, Stretch wrapping, Carton Erecting Sealing, Packing, and Other Functions. Additionally, based on the End Users, the market is segmented into Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Electronics & Semiconductors, Automotive, Chemical Products, Consumer Products, and Other End Users.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Technology
The automatic segment dominated the market throughout the study period. This is mainly because of wrapping and labeling machines, which can assist in the assembly-line production of products. Many end users are interested in automatic packaging so that it can improve their efficiency and workflow. Some packaging machinery manufacturers have been developing new automation technologies to increase productivity, shorten lead times, and improve quality. The three main technology types used in the automatic segment are robotics, vision processing, and machine learning. Robotics is used for the movement and handling of products, while vision processing and machine learning are used to detect and analyze product attributes. Companies are adopting these technologies to automate their operations and reduce costs. They are also being used to develop smart sensors that can identify different types of defects in products.
Based on Order Type
The End of Line Packaging market is segmented into custom and standard order types. The custom order type is the most dominant market segment, with a share of over 50%. This is due to the increasing demand for customized products requiring specific packaging solutions. Many small and medium businesses, which account for the bulk of the customized segment, use standardized packaging. These businesses do not need or want bespoke designs since they can purchase pre-made packs from suppliers. Customized packaging is also more expensive than standard packaging, making it more attractive to small and medium businesses that already spending a high proportion of their budget on overhead costs.
On the other hand, the standard order type is the least dominant market segment, with a share of around 30%. This can be attributed to the high reliance on standardized products, which do not require specific packaging solutions. The standard segment is snowballing due to recent technological advancements that have made it easier for manufacturers to produce standardized packs. This includes advances in 3D printing technology and computer-assisted design (CAD) software.
Based on Function
The standalone segment dominated the market in revenue and accounted for almost two-thirds (64%) of the entire End of Line Packaging market in 2021. This segment, which includes products such as blister packs and crumpled bags, is projected to grow faster than the rest of the market during the forecast period. The factors driving this growth are increasing consumer awareness about healthy eating habits, an increase in consumption of food products overall, and a preference for eco-friendly packaging. The increased demand for standalone segments is also attributable to growing interest from consumer-packaged goods (CPG) companies in launching innovative and niche products. These findings underscore the importance of understanding consumer behavior and preferences to identify potential growth areas within the End of Line Packaging market. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software providers can use insights from this analysis to develop marketing campaigns targeting specific segments or geographies.
Based on the End User
The Food & Beverage category is anticipated to dominate the worldwide market. The products in this category are typically consumed as snacks, meals, or drinks. These products need to be packaged to keep them fresh and safe for consumption. Many companies focus on developing innovative packaging solutions for the food and beverage market. One of the most popular types of packaging for food and beverages is end-of-line (EOL) packaging. This type of packaging is used to store food and beverages after they have been consumed. EOL packaging includes traditional shrink wrap, film, boxes, and pouches. It is important to note that EOL packaging has several advantages over other types of packaging. First, it is resistant to moisture, sunlight, or heat damage. Second, EOL packages can be recycled multiple times without losing their quality. Third, EOL packages are easy to carry, and storage space is not an issue. EOL packing has several disadvantages as well. One problem with EOL packages is that they take up much space when stored. Another disadvantage is that they can become contaminated if not properly cleaned or sealed.
Based on Region
Europe had the highest market share in 2021 and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. One major factor contributing to the growth of the European End of Line Packaging market is that regulations about environmentalism are becoming stricter across various countries. This has increased awareness about the impact of discarded packaging on the environment, resulting in increased demand for sustainable products. Additionally, increasing OEM investments toward new product development and expansions into new geographies benefit the European End of Line Packaging market. Asia Pacific is expected to multiply due to increasing awareness about the environmental consequences of single-use packaging. North America will be the fastest-growing region, owing to the increasing adoption of eco-friendly products and increasing demand from developing countries. Latin America has witnessed growth in recent years due to increased awareness about health concerns linked with single-use plastic bags and other End of Line Packaging. The report includes an in-depth analysis of each region and projections for the upcoming years.
The key players in the Global End of Line Packaging market include- ProMach Inc. (US), DS Smith PLC (UK), ENDFLEX (US), Shemesh Automation Ltd. (Israel), Synerlink (A Barry-Wehmiller Company) (France), Rovema GmbH (Germany), Clearpack India Pvt. Ltd. (India), OPTIMA packaging group GmbH (Germany), Infinity Automated Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (India), nVenia LLC (US), ADCO Manufacturing (US), WestRock Company (US), Endoline Automation (UK), Uhlmann Pac-Systeme (Germany), Stevanato Group (Italy), Quin Systems Ltd (UK), Tekpak Automation (Ireland), J+P Maschinenbau GmbH (Germany), EOL Packaging Experts GmbH (Germany), and Hualian Machinery Group Co. Ltd. (China) and others.
Recent Market Developments
● Michael Odom will take over as CEO of Schneider Packaged, an industrial automation company specializing in packaging food, in July 2022. Henceforth, Michael Odom will control all business operations and strategy for the firm.
● In 2021, ProMach acquired Serpa Packing, a leading cartooning and end-of-line solutions provider. ProMach's line connectivity and specialized corrugated boxes integral solution for rapidly developing pharma enterprises is substantially improved with the addition of Serpa's automation cartooning equipment.
● ProMach, a packaging machinery manufacturer, purchased Serpa Packaging, a cartooning and end-of-line solutions supplier, in February 2021. By acquiring Serpa, ProMach can offer automated cartooning systems and increase its line integration and specialized secondary packaging machinery for the expanding pharmaceutical business.
● In 2020, Duravant Company buys out Cloud Packing Systems. In addition, Duravant declared that due to the complementary nature of Mespack, a Duravant investment group, and Cloud's market segments, Mespack-Cloud, a Duravant Firm, will succeed Cloud Products And solutions as the original company.
Segmentation of the Global End of Line Packaging Market
|Regions & Countries Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|
Frequently Asked Question
What is the global demand for End of Line Packaging in terms of revenue?
The global End of Line Packaging valued at in 2020 and is expected to reach in 2028 growing at a CAGR of 3.7%.
Which are the prominent players in the market?
The prominent players in the market are ProMach Inc. (US), DS Smith PLC (UK), ENDFLEX (US), Shemesh Automation Ltd. (Israel), Synerlink (A Barry-Wehmiller Company) (France), Rovema GmbH (Germany), Clearpack India Pvt. Ltd. (India), OPTIMA packaging group GmbH (Germany), Infinity Automated Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (India), nVenia LLC (US), ADCO Manufacturing (US), WestRock Company (US), Endoline Automation (UK), Uhlmann Pac-Systeme (Germany), Stevanato Group (Italy), Quin Systems Ltd (UK), Tekpak Automation (Ireland), J+P Maschinenbau GmbH (Germany), EOL Packaging Experts GmbH (Germany), and Hualian Machinery Group Co. Ltd. (China).
At what CAGR is the market projected to grow within the forecast period?
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% between 2021 and 2028.
What are the driving factors fueling the growth of the market.
The driving factors of the End of Line Packaging include
- Higher demand in automation
Which region accounted for the largest share in the market?
Europe was the leading regional segment of the End of Line Packaging in 2020.