Global D-Psicose Market is valued at USD 129.08 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 918.52 Million by 2030 at a CAGR of 27.80% over the forecast period.
The global incidence of diabetes and obesity and the increasing demand for sugar replacements are expected to fuel the global D-Psicose market's expansion over the forecast period. Over 30 million people in the United States now have been diagnosed with diabetes. This number is expected to reach epidemic proportions by 2030. According to the World Health Organization, obesity is a global epidemic with an estimated prevalence of over 37%. The prevalence of type 2 diabetes is even higher, at around 60%. These diseases represent a growing health crisis in the United States and worldwide. Diabetes can lead to blindness, kidney failure, and amputations. It also increases the risk of death from any cause by about 25%. The NDS is a comprehensive plan aimed at reducing the incidence and severity of diabetes by 2030. The global market for low-calorie sweeteners is expected to develop in the coming years due to rising demand and adoption in multiple end-use industries, including the food and beverage sector. Over the projected period, the global market for D-Psicose is also expected to benefit from the increased R&D initiatives for developing and improving sugar-free goods by various key industry participants around the globe. Other major factors impacting the market's rapid expansion are shifts in consumer preferences and the rising popularity of "clean label" products worldwide. One major driver of the global D-Psicose market is the increasing prevalence of mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression. These mental illnesses are becoming more common due to changing lifestyles, increasing stress levels, and other factors. Recent reports show that dementia and Alzheimer's cases are expected to rise by about 50 percent in the United States over the next ten years.
Additionally, the growing geriatric population is another factor that will drive growth in the global D-Psicose market. This is because elderly people tend to suffer from various mental health conditions more often than younger people. The Alzheimer's Association estimates that about 5.4 million Americans will have dementia by 2023. About one-third of people with dementia are 85 or older. About 60% of people who develop the condition before age 65 have it because they have an inherited form of the disorder. The risk for developing Alzheimer’s increases with each passing decade after your 50th birthday: about 25% of people aged 85 or older have the condition, compared with only 10% of those aged 55 to 64. The rising incidence of dementia also accounts for growth in the global D-Psicose market. Restraints on the growth of the D-Psicose market include the high cost of production and limited availability of effective treatments. However, growth opportunities in this market are manifold owing to the increasing adoption of novel psychiatric drugs. For instance, pipeline products such as AZD8361 (Esketamine) and zolpidem (Ambien) are expected to generate significant revenue over the next few years. In addition, the development of new non-pharmaceutical interventions such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) is expected to augment treatment options for patients with D-Psicose. As the projection progresses, the primary factors likely to slow the expansion of the global market will be the various severe government controls on D-Psicose and its significant adverse health effects by regular intake. Lack of knowledge of these items in many small and medium-sized economies worldwide is also expected to slow the market's growth in the future years.
D-Psicose Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
Impact Of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the D-Psicose market, with prices for the drug increased by up to 50% and some manufacturers ceasing production. However, despite this price increase, demand for D-Psicose is still high, as it is a vital treatment for psychiatric conditions such as depression and anxiety. A recent study showed that the sales of antipsychotics have risen by 8% globally since COVID-19 was declared. The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for sanitary and nutritious foods with reduced sugar, calories, and fats in illness prevention, prompting the food industry to implement best practices. Consumer demand for low-calorie food products has skyrocketed. Food businesses are switching to sugar alternatives or low-calorie sweeteners to meet demand. As consumers seek ways to improve their health, demand for low-sugar, immunity-boosting goods is rising. Most health-conscious clients now prefer low-calorie and sugar-free meals due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, producers and product formulators have turned to sugar alternatives like D-Psicose due to rising health awareness and consumer demand for low-sugar products.
Top Market Trends
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
- Cognitive enhancement products are gaining popularity among consumers owing to their potential benefits, such as improved memory and focus. This will likely drive the growth of the D-Psicose market.
- Growth in Mental Health Disorders: The global population is increasingly prone to mental health disorders, which are caused by various factors such as stress, social media addiction, and lifestyle changes. This has led to an increase in the number of people seeking treatment for D-Psicose.
- Rise in Awareness about Symptoms: As more people are becoming aware of the symptoms of D-Psicose, they are seeking treatment from their physicians. This is increasing the demand for treatments such as cognitive therapy and psychotherapy.
- Expansion of Emerging Markets: The D-Psicose market is expected to grow at a higher rate in emerging markets such as China and India owing to the growing prevalence of mental health disorders in these countries.
- The proliferation of Novel Therapies: There has been a proliferation of novel therapies available for D-Psicose treatment, leading to increased adoption by physicians and patients alike. These include interventions such as transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)and functional electrical stimulation (FES).
- Growing Trend toward Augmented Reality (AR)
The global D-Psicose Market is segmented based on Type/Form, Application, and Region. Based on the Type/Form, the market is segmented into Powder, Syrup, and Crystal. Based on Application, the market is segmented into Food, Beverages, and Other Applications. Based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type/Form
Due to its convenience factor, the powder form is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. Injectable D-Psicose is expected to grow at a higher rate than oral D-Psicose owing to the increasing demand for biologics in this category. The syrup form is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period owing to its increased availability and low cost. Large market manufacturers like Baolingbao Biological Co. Ltd., among others, are heavily spending on developing their goods in syrup form, which is projected to affect the quick growth of the category in the future years. The global expansion of this market is being fueled partly by service providers increasingly opting to have their products transformed into syrups because of their convenience in terms of shipping and storage. The crystal form is projected to grow slower than other forms owing to its high cost.
Based on Application
The food segment is the largest application segment for D-Psicose, accounting for over two-thirds of the total market size. Major factors likely to fuel the growth of the category market in the coming years include a shift in customer preference toward healthier food products and a shift in the pattern of food consumption across the globe. The segment is expected to expand and gain popularity due to the widespread increase in sugar alternatives in foods, including baked goods, savory snacks, and sweets. The beverages segment is also expected to grow significantly during the same period, owing to the growing popularity of functional foods and beverages rich in antioxidants and other phytonutrients. Growth of the sector market is expected to be fueled in the coming years by the increasing number of D-Psicose-based beverage launches by significant global firms to meet the rising demand for low-calorie beverages. Other applications, such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and textiles, are also snowballing and are expected to contribute significantly to the overall market growth over the forecast period.
Based on Region
The North American D-Psicose market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. This growth is primarily due to the increasing incidence of psychiatric disorders, which drives the need for more effective treatments. In addition, increased investment in R&D activities by leading manufacturers contributes to this market’s growth. The European D-Psicose market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period. This growth is mainly due to the increasing incidence of psychiatric disorders, which drives the need for more effective treatments. In addition, increased investment in R&D activities by leading manufacturers contributes to this market’s growth. The Asia Pacific D-Psicose market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4%during the forecast period. Latin America is forecast to be the fastest-growing market during this period, with a CAGR of 7.3%. The Middle East & Africa market is projected to grow slower due to the high prevalence of psychiatric disorders in this region. Second, technological advancements are helping to improve the delivery of these treatments. Third, growing economic prosperity leads to increased healthcare spending and other recreational activities. Fourth, there is growing interest in alternative therapies among consumers.
The key players in the Global D-Psicose market include- Tate & Lyle PLC (UK) Matsutani Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. (Japan), Samyang Corporation (South Korea), Baolingbao Biology Co. Ltd. (China), CJ CheilJedang Corp. (South Korea), Shandong Saigao Group Corporation (China), Anderson Global Group LLC (US), Shandong Bailong Chuangyuan Bio-tech Co. Ltd. (China), Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (US), Zhucheng Haotian Pharm Co. Ltd (China), Merck KGaA (Germany), Dezhou Huiyang Biotechnology Co. Ltd. (China), SAVANNA Ingredients GmbH (Germany) and others.
- In May of 2021, Tate & Lyle, a market leader in the production of liquid and crystalline allulose, said it would increase production to satisfy rising global demand.
- General Mills introduced Good Measure, a unique line of snacks made with low-calorie ingredients, in June 2021. The company's new bar offerings come in three flavors: almond dark chocolate, dark peanut chocolate, and blueberry almond.
- NeuroMind's launch of its novel DimensionIQ platform.
- Tate & Lyle, a liquid and crystalline allulose maker, said in May 2021 that demand had outpaced supply and would raise production to satisfy demand. According to the business, the need for low-calorie sweeteners and sugar replacements was predicted to boost the D-Psicose market. Demand is projected to skyrocket after the FDA excluded allulose from the nutrition information panel's added and total sugar disclosures.
- General Mills launched the low-calorie snack brand Good Measure in June 2021. Almond, Peanut, Blueberry & Almond bars are the company's offerings.
- "Development of Antipsychotic Drugs for Schizophrenia" by Shlomo Ben-Yehuda et al. provides a detailed analysis of the development of antipsychotic drugs for schizophrenia, including targeted therapeutic areas, mechanisms of action, side effects, and recent developments.
- Among the most popular drugs for depression are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs). These medications help decrease sadness, hopelessness, and rumination among individuals with depression.
Segmentation of the Global D-Psicose Market:
- Type/Form (Powder, Syrup, Crystal)
- Application (Food, Beverages, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Tate & Lyle PLC (UK) Matsutani Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Samyang Corporation (South Korea)
- Baolingbao Biology Co. Ltd. (China)
- CJ CheilJedang Corp. (South Korea)
- Shandong Saigao Group Corporation (China)
- Anderson Global Group LLC (US)
- Shandong Bailong Chuangyuan Bio-tech Co. Ltd. (China)
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (US)
- Zhucheng Haotian Pharm Co. Ltd (China)
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
- Dezhou Huiyang Biotechnology Co. Ltd. (China)
- SAVANNA Ingredients GmbH (Germany)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options