Global Beet Sugar Market is valued at USD 4.1 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 5.8 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.3% over the forecast period.
Beet Sugar is procured from beet (beta vulgaris). It is a flowering plant in the subfamily Betoideae of the family Amaranthaceae. It has several cultivable groups, and the root vegetable is the beetroot. The global Beet Sugar market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period owing to rising technological advancements in the manufacturing and production of artesian beets, with limited pesticides and insecticides. Additionally, Beet Sugar is often considered a viable substitute for extractive sweeteners. Along with sugar, the extracts are often used to produce biofuels. Various applications of Beet Sugar make it highly valuable, thereby fuelling the growth of the global market incrementally.
The rising popularity of prepared foods within the European region is expected to drive sales of Beet Sugar further. It is also used in the production of ethanol production. Rising consumer awareness regarding maintaining a healthier lifestyle and eating habits is presumed to drive the growth of the global Beet Sugar market during the forecast period. Studies have indicated that beetroot molasses is a healthy replacement for conventional sweeteners. Beetroot juice extracts contain betaine, a natural and organic source of nutrients often used in energy drinks for athletes and fitness lovers. Beetroot juice is widely utilized within the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry, thereby increasing the consumption of the Beet Sugar market during the forecast period.
Increasing awareness of animal welfare, consumers across the globe are widening their focus on improving the quality of livestock feed. Consumers also prefer a more nutritious and healthy feed for livestock. They are used in hair care products, shampoos, conditioners, creams, and lotions. Within the personal care industry, Beet Sugar is also used in aftershaves and deodorants. These factors are expected to widen the market size for Beet Sugar. However, the adverse effects of contamination on the production of sugar beet are expected to cause hindrances to the global sugar beet market. Extraction of sugar from any unhealthy crops often leads to the production of an unhealthy quality of sugar. This will hinder market growth.
Beet Sugar Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Recent studies indicate that the third quarter of 2022 saw an increase in the global economy of more than 2.9%. This expansion suggests a tentative rise from 2.6% at the end of October. This might have a favorable effect in the first half of 2022. Russia's neighbours have responded to its aggressive march into Ukraine with harsh realities. Through the imposition of different sanctions, the United Nations and the European Government have started taking direct action against Russia. It is anticipated that these sanctions will harm Russia's economy. Nevertheless, most of the world's energy production is under Russian control.
Top Market Trends
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
1. Rising Utilization of Natural Ingredients: Studies have indicated that consumers prefer a more nutritious and healthier approach to their food products. Increased usage of natural ingredients is expected to contribute to the global Beet Sugar market during the forecast period. Additionally, rising health and hygiene awareness will give rise to organic sugar.
2. Increasing Population and Disposable Income: Factors such as increasing population at the global level are expected to increase the footprint of the global Beet Sugar market. Studies have indicated an increase in disposable income among consumer groups. Additionally, rising per-capita income will further contribute to the global sugar beet market during the forecast period.
3. Rising Demand for Functional Foods: Demand for Beet Sugar is expected to rise during the forecast period due to the popularity of convenience and functional food. Manufacturers are focusing on utilizing Beet Sugar within their ready-to-eat food products in the form of beverages will widen the global market's scope.
4. Consumer Awareness About Product Consumption: Increasing consumer consciousness about maintaining a healthier lifestyle and food habits is anticipated to contribute to the demand for natural sweeteners. Sugar beet is a convenient substitute for artificial sweeteners. Prominent manufacturers are integrating Beet Sugar within their products as they have a healthier effect on the human skin.
5. Increased Consumption of Sweet Confectionaries: Amplifying demand for confectionary products within the developing markets of Asia Pacific and the Middle East will propel the growth of the Beet Sugar market within these regions. Innovative confectionary varieties are becoming increasingly popular among millennials and children in emerging economies such as China, India, and Indonesia.
The global Beet Sugar market can be categorized on the following: Application, Function, Organization Structure, and Regions. By application, the market can be segmented across bakery, confectionery, diary industry, beverage, and others. In terms of function, the market can be fragmented across regular conditions and medical conditions. Based on organization structure, the market can be split between organized market and unorganized market. Likewise, based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Application
Beverages to Occupy Largest Market Share Owing to Rising Health Benefits
The beverage segment is expected to occupy the largest market share for the global Beet Sugar market during the forecast period. Factors such as rising health awareness of consuming Beet Sugar and the rising millennial population are expected to contribute to the segmental growth. Additionally, factors such as a unique taste will contribute to the utilization of Beet Sugar within beverages. Bakery products are expected to grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to increased consumption of cakes and pastries.
Based on Function
Regular Conditions to Fuel Maximum Market Sales Owing to Rising Demand for Less Processed and Healthier Products
The segment about regular conditions will dominate the global Beet Sugar market sales during the forecast period. Studies have indicated that consumers require products that are less processed in nature and provide a healthier amount of nutrients. Additionally, the rising demand for organic sugar sourced from Beet Sugar is expected to propel the growth of the segmental value. Growing concerns regarding lifestyle-related health conditions such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and diabetes increase the demand for Beet Sugar. The segment about medical conditions will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to a rising focus on health among the working-class population.
Based on Organizational Structure
Unorganized Market to Register Largest Market Share due to Rising Demand from Rural Areas
An unorganized market is expected to occupy the largest market share in sales. Beet Sugar is often produced as a commodity and sold in loose packets to consumers relatively cheaply. Additionally, numerous players in the market are expected to fuel unorganized market sales. Rising demand for sugar from rural areas on a global scale is expected to contribute to unorganized market growth. The organized market is expected to grow at the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to unionizing efforts by various trader bodies.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific to Own Largest Market Share While North America to Grow with the Fastest CAGR
The global Beet Sugar market is expected to be dominated by the Asia Pacific region. Rising demand for Beet Sugar from emerging economies such as India, South-East Asia, and Australia, combined with the rising opportunity for new startups, is expected to pave the way for fruitful growth. Additionally, rising demand for ready-to-eat and packaged food products among the general population will add to sustainable market growth. Increased consumption of sugar-rich confectionary products along with soft drinks and other beverage products is expected to contribute to the sales of the Beet Sugar market.
The North American region will grow with the fastest growing CAGR during the forecast period owing to changes in the development trend of sugar beets combined with increased mass production. Additionally, rising demand for premium and high-quality sugar among consumers will drive the growth of the North American Beet Sugar market.
The global Beet Sugar market is expected to be consolidated due to the presence of numerous dominant players. These players are focused on investing heavily within their research and development departments to produce a higher quality product. Additionally, increasing collaborations and acquisitions are further expected to keep the marketplace extremely competitive.
The key players in the global Beet Sugar market include - Renuka Beet Sugar (India), Michugan Sugar Company (U.S.), Syngenta (Switzerland), Spreckals Sugar Company (Switzerland), Sidney Sugars Incorporated (U.S.), Amalgamated Sugar Company (U.S.), American Crystal Sugar (U.S.), The Western Sugar Cooperative (U.S.), Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments:
· June 2018: BMA Braunschweigische Maschinenbanaunstalt AG and Salztigger Maschinenbau AG announced that they were merging into a single entity. This merger aims to create a new entity that will be more stable and have a diversified portfolio of varied product offerings.
Segmentation of the Global Beet Sugar Market
- Applications (Bakery, Confectionery, Diary Industry, Beverage, Other Applications)
- Functions (Regular Conditions, Medical Conditions)
- Organizational Structures (Organized Market, Unorganized Market)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Renuka Beet Sugar (India)
- Michugan Sugar Company (U.S.)
- Syngenta (Switzerland)
- Spreckals Sugar Company (Switzerland)
- Sidney Sugars Incorporated (U.S.)
- Amalgamated Sugar Company (U.S.)
- American Crystal Sugar (U.S.)
- The Western Sugar Cooperative (U.S.)
- Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options