The global Anti-snoring Devices And Snoring Surgery Market is valued at USD 1.3 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 2.1 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 7.5% between 2023 and 2030.
The rise in obesity and the geriatric population, along with increased smoking and alcohol consumption, contribute to the growing prevalence of sleep apnea. According to the CDC, obesity rates in the United States have been steadily growing, with severe obesity also significantly rising. This has increased the need for anti-snoring devices, such as CPAP machines. A study published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine revealed that obstructive sleep apnea affects most of the global population, with a prevalence of 22.6% in 2020. This high burden of sleep apnea has created a demand for CPAP devices to help manage the condition, driving market growth. Tonsillectomy, a standard surgical procedure in the United States, contributes to the demand for sleep apnea treatments. With over 500 thousand cases performed annually in children alone, there is a need for effective solutions for sleep-disordered breathing. Technological advancements and new product launches from market players are also expected to fuel industry growth. For example, Superior Sensor Technology introduced a new line of products specifically designed for sleep apnea and other respiratory sleep disorders in October 2022. Overall, the increasing prevalence of obesity and sleep apnea, technological advancements, and growing awareness drive the growth of the anti-snoring device market segment.
Anti-snoring Devices And Snoring Surgery Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The increasing prevalence of snoring and sleep disorders and the rising awareness about the potential health risks of snoring will bolster the market growth.
- North America is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- The Asia Pacific will grow at a high CAGR from 2023-2030.
- The Oral Appliances segment accounted for the largest market growth in 2022 due to the increased awareness among healthcare professionals about oral appliances’ effectiveness in reducing snoring and managing mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea.
- Based on Surgical Procedure, the Radiofrequency Ablation segment accounted for the potential market growth in 2022 due to the growing preference for minimally invasive procedures with shorter recovery times and reduced post-operative discomfort.
- North America dominates global sales due to factors such as the high prevalence of snoring in the region, increasing awareness about health issues, and the availability of advanced healthcare infrastructure.
Top Market Trends
- The rising rates of obesity and the geriatric population fuel the growth of the snoring industry. With the rise in senior population and rising obesity rates, there is a growing demand for anti-snoring devices and surgeries. For instance, data from the World Population Review 2022 reveals that approximately 29.4% of individuals in Canada are impacted by obesity.
- Developing new surgical techniques and medical advancements in snoring treatment has also driven industry growth. Procedures like uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP), radiofrequency ablation, and palatal implants have gained popularity due to their effectiveness in reducing snoring and sleep apnea symptoms.
- The prevalence of sleep disorders, including snoring and sleep apnea, is rising globally. According to the National Sleep Foundation, as many as 90 million Americans report snoring at one time or another, while 37 million say they snore regularly.
- The use of oral appliances as anti-snoring devices is gaining popularity among patients. These devices function by adjusting the position of the jaw or tongue to keep the airway open while sleeping. They are non-invasive and easy to use, thereby contributing to their increasing adoption. Examples of such devices include mandibular advancement devices and tongue-retaining devices.
- Snoring surgery techniques have evolved to include minimally invasive procedures such as radiofrequency ablation and laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP). These procedures offer shorter recovery times, reduced pain, and fewer complications than traditional surgical options like uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP).
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The anti-snoring devices market has experienced a significant impact from the COVID-19 pandemic, as the demand for these devices has risen during this time. This is because individuals with obstructive sleep apnea, which increases the risk of illness and mortality associated with COVID-19, have been seeking solutions to manage their condition. Research conducted by the Cleveland Clinic in December 2021 found that COVID-19 patients who experienced sleep-disordered breathing had a 31% higher likelihood of hospitalization. As a result, there has been a high demand for CPAP devices among hospitalized COVID-19 patients. Despite the ongoing pandemic, COVID-19 has had a minimal impact on the overall anti-snoring devices market. This is evident from the data provided by the National Institute of Health, which reveals that funding for sleep research in the United States has remained stable, with USD 515 million allocated this year compared to USD 493 million last year. This funding is expected to create opportunities for market players to develop innovative devices for managing and treating sleep-related diseases, ultimately driving market growth in the coming years.
The Global Market is fragmented across the below-mentioned segments:
The globel Anti-snoring Devices And Snoring Surgery market can be categorized into Device Type, Surgical Procedure, Region. The Market can be categorized into Oral Appliances, Nasal Devices, Chin Straps, Tongue-Stabilizing Devices, Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP) Therapy Devices, Position Control Devices based on Device Type. The Market can be categorized into Laser-Assisted Uvulopalatoplasty, Radiofrequency Ablation, Pillar Procedure, Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP), Injection Snoreplasty, Palatal Stiffening, Other Surgical Procedures based on Surgical Procedure. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Device Type
Oral Appliances to Lead Maximum Market Share Due to The Growing Awareness About Their Efficacy and The Advancement in Technology
In 2022, oral appliances dominated the market. This segment comprises mandibular advancement splints, tongue-retaining devices, and tongue-stabilizing devices. Oral appliances have gained popularity due to their non-invasive nature and ease of use. They relocate the jaw and tongue to keep the airway open while sleeping, reducing snoring and improving airflow. Additionally, oral appliances are considered a more cost-effective alternative to surgery, further fuelling their adoption. The growing awareness about the inimical effects of snoring on overall health and quality of life has also contributed to the market growth of oral appliances in .
Based on Surgical Procedure
The Radiofrequency Ablation segment Expects Dominion Owing to Its Effectiveness, Minimal Side Effects, And Quick Recovery Time Compared to Traditional Surgical Methods
The Radiofrequency Ablation segment is expected to experience the most significant industry growth during the forecast period of 2023-2030. Radiofrequency ablation is a less invasive procedure to cure snoring and sleep apnea by delivering controlled radiofrequency energy to the throat's soft tissues. This energy heats up and tightens the tissues, reducing or eliminating snoring. Additionally, technological advancements have made radiofrequency ablation more accessible and affordable for patients. With snoring becoming a prevalent sleep disorder, the industry is expected to grow further in the coming years.
Based on Region
North America to Dominate Global Sales Owing to the Increasing Acceptance of Contemporary Medical Technologies
The North American market dominated in 2022 due to a high prevalence of snoring issues among individuals in the United States. An article published by John Hopkins University in 2022 showed that approximately 45.0% of adults snore occasionally, with 25.0% snoring regularly. A research article by the Sleep Foundation also revealed that in 2020, 57.0% of men and 40.0% of women in the U.S. experienced snoring problems, and an estimated 27.0% of children were affected. The presence of market players in this area and the availability of snoring products on e-commerce sites and retail stores are expected to enhance market penetration and increase product reach. Additionally, the North American region is witnessing significant advancements in anti-snoring technology, further driving market growth.
The popularity of the industry in Asia Pacific is experiencing rapid growth. In September 2022, the International Journal of Health Sciences and Research released an article stating that the prevalence of obesity in India was 40.3%. This suggests that most obese individuals in the country suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Additionally, the increasing disposable income levels in the area are projected to further drive the demand for these products.
The rapidly growing demand for various applications in the Industry has attracted vital players' attention. These players leverage collaborations, partnerships, and acquisitions with small, medium, and large-scale vendors to expand their reach. A notable example is Signifier, a British start-up biotechnology company that recently introduced a groundbreaking anti-snoring device in the US market. The company set a target funding of USD 100 Mn to support this launch.
The key players in the global Anti-snoring Devices And Snoring Surgery market include - Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Ireland), KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG (Germany), Lumenis (Israel), Olympus Winter & IBE GMBH (Germany), Urologix LLC (U.S.), Boston Scientific Corporation (U.S.), LISA Laser USA (U.S.), ProArc Medical (Israel), Urovision-Urotech (Germany), Teleflex Incorporated. (U.S.), Richard Wolf GmbH. (Germany), BD (U.S.), Biolitec AG (Germany), Coloplast Corp (Denmark) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In June 2022, Illusion Aligners introduced a new anti-snoring device, a highly lightweight and simple-to-use oral anti-snoring device that alleviates OSA symptoms, improves sound sleep, lowers fatigue, and improves the overall quality of life.
- In July 2022, Glidewell launched a new addition to its portfolio of mandibular advancement devices, the Silent Nite Sleep Appliance with Glidewell Hinge. This device provides relief for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Segmentation of the Global Anti-snoring Devices And Snoring Surgery Market
- Device Type (Oral Appliances, Nasal Devices, Chin Straps, Tongue-Stabilizing Devices, Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP) Therapy Devices, Position Control Devices)
- Surgical Procedure (Laser-Assisted Uvulopalatoplasty, Radiofrequency Ablation, Pillar Procedure, Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP), Injection Snoreplasty, Palatal Stiffening, Other Surgical Procedures)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Ireland)
- KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG (Germany)
- Lumenis (Israel)
- Olympus Winter & IBE GMBH (Germany)
- Urologix LLC (U.S.)
- Boston Scientific Corporation (U.S.)
- LISA Laser USA (U.S.)
- ProArc Medical (Israel)
- Urovision-Urotech (Germany)
- Teleflex Incorporated. (U.S.)
- Richard Wolf GmbH. (Germany)
- BD (U.S.)
- Biolitec AG (Germany)
- Coloplast Corp (Denmark)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options