Surgical Retractors Market to Reach Valuation of USD 1,626.3 Million by 2028 - Increasing Demand for Surgical Retractors in Retail and Healthcare Sector to Drive the Market Growth
From the period 2022 to 2028, the Global Surgical Retractors Market is expected to reach USD 1,626.3 Million in terms of revenue, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.5%. The increasing number of surgical procedures; market availability of specialized and application-specific retraction products; ongoing growth of the geriatric population; rising demand for plastic and reconstructive surgeries; an increasing number of neurological surgeries and increased rise in adoption of minimally invasive surgeries altogether attributes to the growth of Global Surgical Retractors Market.
Other contributing factors in the growth of the Global Surgical Retractors Market include the rise in trauma surgery, hip and knee replacements, and cardiovascular diseases that call for surgical procedures. Moreover, the growing research and development initiatives by the major manufacturing companies are estimated to drive the growth of the global surgical retractor market.
Key Highlights from the Report
- There are various types of retractors available in the market, depending upon the type of surgical procedure being performed like abdominal, finger, nerve, orthopedic, rectal, thoracic, and ribbon retractors.
- The Global Surgical Retractors Market has been divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, clinics, and others. The hospital sector led the market, accounting for 50.1 % of revenue. This is majorly due to the high number of cases and preventative surgeries done in these end-use settings. Besides, Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) are expected to increase at the fastest pace over the forecast period. This is due to reduced out-of-pocket expenditures, improved patient accessibility, and cheaper facility costs.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest regional segment. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) among the regions, owing to improved healthcare infrastructure, a growing senior population, and an increase in the number of surgeries. Moreover, increased technological improvements within the field of surgeries, as well as market tactics adopted by key market players to expand their companies in the Asia-Pacific region, are expected to propel the market's overall growth throughout the forecast period.
Some of the key players in the Surgical Retractors Market include - Medtronic, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD), Medical Devices Business Services Inc., Teleflex Incorporated, Medline Industries Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Applied Medical Resources Corporation, Thompson Surgical, Innomed Inc., LiNA Medical ApS, Vivo Surgical Private Limited, BVI, CooperSurgical Inc., Stryker, Terumo Corporation, June Medical Group, Mediflex Surgical Products, Chamfond Biotech Co., Ltd, Applied Medical Technology Inc. (AMT), Microcure (Suzhou) Medical Technology Co., Ltd., Changzhou Haiers Medical Devices Co., Ltd, Boston Scientific Corporation, Coloplast.
The Surgical Retractors Market is expanding as the demand for Surgical Retractors and its applications in the healthcare sector are increasing day by day. The increasing no. of Surgical Procedures performed Worldwide is the primary reason for increased growth in the Global Surgical Retractors Market. Another factor that attributes to the increasing growth of the Global Surgical Retractors Market is increased injury cases. Market leaders are concentrating their focus on developing new innovative Surgical Retractors for surgical procedures.
Another key factor contributing to the growth of the Global Surgical Retractors Market is advancement in technology. Over the last several decades, advancements in biomedical technologies and equipment have transformed standard operating procedures. In addition, Due to the increasing no. geriatric population and lifestyle-related diseases, the Global Surgical Retractors Market is experiencing sudden growth.
North America is the largest market. North America dominated the market with the largest revenue share of 30.40%. This growth can be attributed to the rising number of preventive surgeries and the growing cases of chronic disorders, such as cancer, diabetes, and autoimmune diseases, increasing adoption of technologically advanced devices, and rising preference for minimally invasive surgical procedures, resulting in increasing use and easy availability of Surgical Retractors.
- In May 2021, OBP Medical Corporation announced the launch of a new spin-off company called OBP Surgical Corporation, which will continue to reinvent the everyday tools that surgeons rely on by integrating single-use LED lighting technology into unique intracavity cordless devices.
- In April 2021, Medtronic pl announced a partnership to interface Surgical Theater's SyncAR augmented reality (AR) technology with Medtronic's StealthStation S8 surgical navigation system. This collaboration will enable neurosurgeons to use AR technology in real-time to enhance visualization during complex cranial procedures.
The Surgical Retractors is segmented as follows:
Browse market data Tables and Figures
Pages and in-depth TOC on "Surgical Retractors Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Type (Handheld, Self-retaining), by Product (Abdominal retractor, Finger retractor, Nerve Retractor, Orthopedic Retractor), by Application (Neurosurgery, Wound closure, Reconstructive surgery, Cardiovascular), by End-use (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Clinics), by Region (North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East & Africa) - Global Industry Assessment (2016 - 2021) & Forecast (2022 - 2028)"
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Vantage Market Research is a reputed company committed to providing high quality data and market research services. The company provides quantified B2B high quality research on more than 20,000 emerging markets. The company offers detailed reports on multiple industries including chemical materials and energy, food and beverages, healthcare, technology, etc. The company comprises over 125 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,100 market research reports to its vast database every year. The company’s clientele base spans across 70% of the Global Fortune 500 companies.