Vantage Market Research
Sep 08, 2022
In terms of revenue, the Global Recombinant DNA Technology Market is expected to reach USD 223.0 Billion by 2028, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.60% from 2022 to 2028.
By regulating the expression of target genes, Recombinant DNA Technology has made it possible to transmit desired traits that can be used to improve the functioning of current systems. Therapeutic proteins may now be produced in large quantities with Recombinant DNA Technology and are distinguished by high stability and consistency. Massive developments and a broad range of uses for Recombinant DNA Technology to treat fatal human illnesses like cancer, diabetes, and infectious diseases are anticipated to be the main drivers of market expansion. Throughout the forecast period, the market expansion is anticipated to be fueled by rising research and development efforts and strategic alliances between major market players to advance Recombinant DNA Technology.
Key Highlights from Report:
- Expression Systems accounted for the biggest share due to ongoing research and development for effective protein expression and its further large-scale isolation. Mammalian, bacterial, insect, and yeast expression systems are the most often utilized. The growth of cell lines like HEK293 and Chinese Hamster Ovarian (CHO) has helped explain why mammals account for a sizable portion of expression systems.
- The Health & Illness, from the Applications segment, has a sizable share and is anticipated to keep leading during the projection period. This substantial percentage can be due to the availability of a wide range of recombinant products for treating human diseases, including medications, vaccines, and enzyme substitutes. Additionally, this technology's extensive usage in treating animal diseases has fueled the development of this market.
- North America makes up the greatest portion of the global market. Because the U.S. is home to several biopharmaceutical manufacturing companies, Regional development has also been fueled by efficient regulatory agencies to oversee the myriad ethical and scientific concerns related to the use of technology.
The development of recombinant DNA (rDNA) technology has given researchers unprecedented control over genetic information. Due to this, it is now used in a wide range of applications, both conventional and non-traditional. Without the aid of human donors, recombinant medicines and treatments have been produced with great success over the past few years. Exceptional advancements in treating fatal human illnesses like infectious diseases, diabetes, and cancer are some of the key elements influencing the market's growth. The introduction of gene therapy, long-acting therapeutic proteins for drug development, and innovative molecular medicine have all benefited from advancements in recombinant technologies. Growing advancements and beneficial effects on the treatment of genetic illnesses are anticipated to encourage the increase.
The North American region is anticipated to hold a strong position in 2021, with the greatest market share. This region is predicted to produce the most money compared to other parts of the world. The United States is home to several significant market participants, so this country is anticipated to be advantageous for developing this technology. In the United States, other regulatory organizations have the power to approve a range of technologically based items. This technology is used to create crops that have undergone genetic modification. Additionally, a lot of other biofuels and biopesticides are produced using this approach.
The Global Recombinant DNA Technology Market is Segmented as follows:
- Expression System
- Cloning Vector
- Food & Agriculture
- Health & Disease
- Other Applications
- End Users
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic & Government Research Institutes
- Other End Users
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
A list of the Key Players of the Global Recombinant DNA Technology Market is:
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Genentech Inc), Profacgen, Amgen Inc, Novartis AG, GenScript, Pfizer Inc, Novo Nordisk A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, Sanofi Merck & Co. Inc., Biogen, Biocon, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, New England Biolabs, Cibus, Monsanto Company, Horizon Discovery Group PLC
The Global Recombinant DNA Technology Market Scope can be Tabulated as below:
|Market Size Provided for Years||2017 - 2030|
|Historic Years||2017 - 2021|
|Forecast Years||2023 - 2030|
|Regions & Counties Covered||
|Report Coverage||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis|