In terms of revenue, the Global Pneumatic Tube System Market is expected to reach USD 3,465 million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2022 to 2028. Rising automation process and inclination towards industry 4.0 are the key driving factors for installing pneumatic tubing system. Additionally, Pneumatic Tube System increases the accuracy in production system by increasing the quality and quantity of the products manufactured.
- Under the system type segment three phase sub-segment is anticipated to dominate the segment for Pneumatic Tube System market and grow at a significant CAGR.
- Fully automatic sub-segment held a substantial share in 2021, as majority of the automation system are operated with manpower, this system has gained huge popularity in countries where labor cost is higher.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant CAGR from 2022 to 2028. This region is growing at a rapid phase due rising industrialization and urbanization along with low cost of production.
Some of key players dominating the Pneumatic Tube System market include, Swisslog Holding (Switzerland), Aerocom Systems (Germany), Quirepace (UK), Pevco (US), Eagle Pneumatic (US), Telecom Bedrijfscommunicatie (Netherlands), Kelly Systems (US), Siebtechnik (Germany), Airlink International (US), Hamilton Security (US), Hanazeder Electronic (Austria), Hanter Ingenjörsteknik (Sweden), Colombo Pneumatic Tube Systems (US), Oppent (Italy), Air-Log (Germany), S&S Engineering (Japan), Zip Pneumatics (US), Thalmayr (Austria), and Lamson Group (US).
Pneumatic Tube Systems (PTS) are generally used to transport small payloads with a weight typically up to about 5kg. Items to be transported are placed within a carrier and then moved within a tube using air pressure and suction. This system requires reliable delivery methods, robust and complex installations. The installation of a Pneumatic Tube System is a specialist trade combining elements of construction, plumbing, electrical and data network installation. Pneumatic Tube Systems used in hospitals are reliable, powerful and efficient way of transport options for physical objects of any kind. For example, they transport blood units, tissue samples, urine specimens, COVID-19 samples, injections or medications. The use of pneumatic tubes in hospitals saves valuable time and human resources.Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a substantial rate in coming years due to high demand of Pneumatic Tube System (PTS) in the area of manufacturing and healthcare sector. Major Key players are investing huge amounts of funds in the R&D of this technology especially in this region. Asia Pacific is considered to be the future manufacturing hub for industrial products. China to be the epic center for manufacturing, huge potential is predicted for Pneumatic Tube System market in recent years. Low cost of production and high demand is expected to flourish the Pneumatic Tube System market.
- In April 2018, Pevco introduced Pevco Atlas a delivery management software which has intuitive graphical web-application interface that makes managing and monitoring system performance easy
- In August 2017, Swisslog acquired Talyst Systems (US), a market leader in pharmacy automation solutions for hospitals and long-term care facilities. Swisslog and Talyst customers were expected to be benefited from a total inpatient pharmacy automation offering, fully integrated with the Swisslog transport automation portfolio of Pneumatic Tube System market installed in 2,300 hospitals in North America.
- In November 2016, Swisslog launched new delivery manager service through the enterprise software portal. This application communicates directly with Swisslog TransLogic Pneumatic Tube Systems (PTS) through RFID technology – instantly updating the status of any order being sent through the tube system.