In terms of revenue, the Global Teledentistry Market is expected to reach by 2030, growing at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 16.2% from 2023 to 2030.
Teledentistry, as defined by the ADA (American Teledentistry Association), involves using electronic information, imaging, and communication technologies to improve dental care. This includes interactive audio, video, data communication, and store-and-forward technologies. The ADA's comprehensive policy statement on Teledentistry explains its various methods, such as live video consultations, asynchronous information sharing, remote patient monitoring, and the use of mobile health applications. Teledentistry combines modern telecommunication with traditional dental procedures, offering efficient and timely dental care, especially in emergencies. It is especially essential for treating dental problems in border, rural, and isolated places where access to dental care may be restricted. This integration of technology and dental practices is driving the growth of the Teledentistry market.
Teledentistry's increasing popularity and widespread adoption have driven more professionals to incorporate this technology into their daily clinical practices. Beyond enhancing communication and interaction between dentists and patients, it fosters collaboration among healthcare providers. By overcoming geographic and temporal constraints, Teledentistry addresses disparities in oral health care services distribution. It further enables specialized teleconsultations for general dentists within the public network, making this resource accessible to many individuals. Particularly beneficial for those in remote areas or underserved healthcare units, Teledentistry offers numerous advantages.
Key Highlights from the Report
- Based on the segmentation of Component, the Software & Services segment dominates the Teledentistry market in 2022 owing to the growing usage of wirelessly connected dental care technology.
- Furthermore, based on the segmentation of Delivery Mode, the Cloud-based segment accounted for the substantial growth of the market in 2022 owing to the release of cutting-edge cloud computing Teledentistry systems and a rise in patient and dental professional understanding of the benefits of using cloud-based software.
- Moreover, based on the Application segmentation, the Tele-consultation segment is anticipated to show the most considerable growth in the market in 2022 owing to the sudden arrival of COVID-19 and the government's prompt action in endorsing digital healthcare.
- In addition, based on the segmentation of End-Use, the Providers segment has accounted for the most substantial growth of the market in 2022 owing to the growing percentage of dental professionals using Teledentistry platforms to lower the illness rate in dental offices.
- Finally, based on the Region, North America holds the significant market share within the Teledentistry market in 2022 owing to the existence of numerous important companies working in the region that provide superior Teledentistry services.
The pandemic highlighted the need for virtual dental visits as traditional offices faced restrictions. As a result of this rising demand, the telehealth services sector—particularly Teledentistry—has expanded. Nearly 40% of US individuals, with a higher percentage in urban and lower-income areas, do not receive dental treatment on a yearly basis, according to the Centers for Disease Control. This highlights how critical it is to solve the problem of healthcare access. Telehealth and virtual care provide solutions by using advancing technology to offer patients real-time and quality dental care, regardless of their location. While Teledentistry cannot replace traditional dental offices, it is crucial in providing necessary care to a larger population. Considering that oral diseases impact over half of the global population, increasing the availability of dental services through Teledentistry is a significant step in addressing the worldwide oral health crisis.
North America led the Teledentistry market in 2022. Teledentistry, similar to other telehealth practices, is rapidly evolving and progressing. The use of telehealth, particularly Teledentistry, has expanded significantly as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. In North America, particularly the United States, Teledentistry makes up 9.2% of the telehealth industry, equating to $2.6 billion. It represents only a small percentage of the orthodontist, medical device manufacturing, and dental professions. Furthermore, it is anticipated that developments in artificial intelligence and machine learning will further improve Teledentistry. These advancements will make data entry more efficient, automate processes, and simplify remote diagnosis and treatment planning. As Teledentistry becomes more prevalent in North America, these innovations are anticipated to impact regional growth significantly.
The Global Teledentistry Market is Segmented as follows
- Software & Services
- Delivery Mode
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- Education & Training
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of the Key Players of the Global Teledentistry Market is
Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands), Align Technology GMBH (Switzerland), SmileDirectClub (U.S.), MouthWatch LLC (U.S.), Dentulu Inc. (U.S.), Denteractive Solutions Inc. (U.S.), Toothpic (U.S.), Smile Virtual LLC (U.S.), Virtudent Inc. (U.S.), Straight Teeth Direct (UK)
The Global Teledentistry Market Scope can be Tabulated as below
|Market Size Provided for Years
|2017 - 2030
|2017 - 2021
|2023 - 2030
|Regions & Counties Covered
|Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis