Methanol Market Global Industry Assessment & Forecast
- By Feedstock Coal, Natural Gas, Other Feedstocks
- By Derivatives Gasoline, MTO/ MTP, Formaldehyde, Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE), Acetic Acid, Dimethyl Ether (DME), Methyl Methacrylate (MMA), Biodiesel, Other Derivatives
- By Sub-Derivatives Gasoline Additives, Olefins, UF/ PF Resins, VAM, Polyacetals, MDI, PTA, Acetate Esters, Acetic Anhydride, Fuels, Other Sub-Derivatives
- By End User Industry Construction, Automotive, Electronics, Appliances, Paints & Coatings, Insulation, Pharmaceuticals, Packaging (PET bottles), Solvents, Other End User Industries
- By Region North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa
|Forecast Years:||2022 - 2028|
|Historical Years:||2016 - 2021|
|Revenue 2021:||USD 29.4 Billion|
|Revenue 2028:||USD 37.8 Billion|
|Revenue CAGR (2022 - 2028):||4.3%|
|Fastest Growing Region (2022 - 2028)||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Region (2021):||Asia Pacific|
- Cross-segment Market Size and Analysis for Mentioned Segments
- Additional Company Profiles (Upto 5 With No Cost)
- Additional Countries (Apart From Mentioned Countries)
- Country/Region-specific Report
- Go To Market Strategy
- Region Specific Market Dynamics
- Region Level Market Share
- Import Export Analysis
- Production Analysis
- Others Request Customization Speak To Analyst
Research Methodology: Methanol Market by Feedstock by Derivatives by Sub-Derivatives by End User Industry by Region - Global Market Assessment, 2021 - 2028
The information gained/procured from the secondary data sources is validated through extensive primary interviews with industry experts across the Methanol supply chain. The primary research is also conducted to identify key players in the market and to gather and validate already procured information pertaining to their market-specific financial information. Moreover, primary research is used to gain/validate information about:
- Methanol market size at regional and country level
- Market size and forecast by Feedstock, Derivatives, and Sub-Derivatives
- Key industry players and their market share and Methanol market-specific sales/revenue
- Understanding market developments, future growth prospects, and upcoming challenges
- Overview of the Methanol supply chain and overall ecosystem
Data Triangulation and Market Size Estimations
After arriving at the global market numbers, top-down and bottom-up approaches are used to estimate, validate and finalize the market size of the Methanol market. After the determination of the overall market size, the market is divided into various segments and sub-segments. Moreover, these same approaches mentioned above were used to derive and estimate market numbers for mentioned segments/sub-segments in the market. During the data triangulation process, the data was analyzed by employing various data models and statistical techniques to arrive at exact statistics and market size for each segment/sub-segment of the market. The data is analyzed and triangulated by considering all the key market impacting factors from both supply and demand side of Methanol market.
Frequently Asked Question
The global Methanol valued at USD 29.4 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 37.8 Billion in 2028 growing at a CAGR of 4.3%.
The prominent players in the market are Methanex Corporation (Canada), HELM Proman Methanol AG (Switzerland), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. (China), Zagros Petrochemical Company (Iran), Celanese Corporation (Texas), BASF SE (Germany), PETRONAS (Malaysia), Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc. (Japan), Mitsui & Co. Ltd. (Japan), LyondellBasell Industries B.V. (U.S), OCI N.V. (Netherlands), Metafrax Chemicals (Russia), SIPCHEM (Saudi Arabia).
The market is project to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% between 2021 and 2028.
The driving factors of the Methanol include
- Increasing demand for chemicals in Asia Pacific
Asia Pacific was the leading regional segment of the Methanol in 2020.