The global Video Laryngoscope Market is valued at USD 484.9 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 1629 Million by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 18.9% between 2023 and 2030.
Video laryngoscopy has become a crucial tool in airway management over the past 20 years, comparable to conventional direct laryngoscopy in oral endotracheal intubation. To give the best possible patient care, there has been a tendency towards adopting Video Laryngoscopes in some clinical situations, such as those with challenging airways or when a rescue device is required. According to a review of studies published in May 2023 in the Cochrane Library, video laryngoscopy may be more effective and potentially reduce harm than direct laryngoscopy for endotracheal intubation in neonates (babies aged 0 to 28 days). The review included eight studies, with 759 intubation attempts in neonates. Different video laryngoscopy devices, such as C-MAC, Airtraq, and Glidescope, were used in the studies. The primary outcomes of the review found that video laryngoscopy may not reduce the time required for successful intubation compared to direct laryngoscopy (mean difference [MD] 0.74, 95% confidence interval [CI] ‐0.19 to 1.67; 5 studies; 505 intubations; low‐certainty evidence).
Video Laryngoscope Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
However, video laryngoscopy may result in fewer intubation attempts (MD ‐0.08, 95% CI ‐0.15 to 0.00; 6 studies; 659 intubations; low‐certainty evidence) and increase the success of intubation at the first attempt (risk ratio [RR] 1.24, 95% CI 1.13 to 1.37; risk difference [RD] 0.14, 95% CI 0.08 to 0.20; number needed to treat for an additional beneficial outcome [NNTB] 7, 95% CI 5 to 13; 8 studies; 759 intubation attempts; low‐certainty evidence). The secondary outcomes needed to be more certain. The evidence is very uncertain about the effect of video laryngoscopy on desaturation (low levels of oxygen in the blood) or bradycardia (low heart rate) episodes during intubation (RR 0.94, 95% CI 0.38 to 2.30; 3 studies; 343 intubations; very‐low certainty evidence). Video laryngoscopy may result in little to no difference in the lowest oxygen saturations during intubation compared to direct laryngoscopy (MD ‐0.76, 95% CI ‐5.74 to 4.23; 2 studies; 359 intubations; low‐certainty evidence). However, video laryngoscopy likely results in a slight reduction in the incidence of airway trauma during intubation attempts (RR 0.21, 95% CI 0.05 to 0.79; RD ‐0.04, 95% CI ‐0.07 to ‐0.01; NNTB 25, 95% CI 14 to 100; 5 studies; 467 intubations; moderate‐certainty evidence). Video laryngoscopy may be more effective and potentially reduce harm than direct laryngoscopy for endotracheal intubation in neonates.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
Rising healthcare expenditure, particularly in developing economies, has positively impacted the Video Laryngoscope market. As governments and private organizations invest more in improving healthcare infrastructure, the demand for advanced medical devices such as Video Laryngoscopes has increased. The economic impacts on the world video laryngoscopy industry are largely positive due to market growth, technological advancements, and an increasing aging population. However, cost considerations, competition, pricing pressure, and regulatory requirements may impact the industry's growth and profitability.
Top Market Trends
- Increasing Prevalence of Airway Management Diseases: The rising instances of respiratory disorders like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, and chronic bronchitis have intensified the demand for Video Laryngoscope devices worldwide. Additionally, increasing emergency medical cases and prescribed surgeries have accelerated the growth of the global Video Laryngoscope market.
- Technological Advancements in Video Laryngoscope Systems: The development of advanced technologies like 3D imaging, high-resolution camera systems, and digital recording has been instrumental in propelling the global Video Laryngoscope market. These advancements have been implemented to improve Video Laryngoscopes' convenience and efficacy, facilitating greater accuracy and better patient outcomes.
- Growing Implementation of Telemedicine: Telemedicine has been increasingly adopted by healthcare providers to enhance patient care quality. Video Laryngoscopes can be used to remotely diagnose and treat patients, expanding healthcare services' reach. Hence, the growing incorporation of telemedicine practices is likely to fuel the growth of the global Video Laryngoscope market.
- Integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML): Incorporation of advanced technologies such as AI and ML into Video Laryngoscopes can significantly improve the accuracy of diagnosis and treatment of airway blockages and associated disorders and hence, drive the growth of the Video Laryngoscope market at the global level.
- Increasing Demand from Developing Countries: Growing awareness of the benefits of laryngoscopes, expanding access to medical facilities, and increased healthcare spending in developing economies, such as India, China, Brazil, Nigeria, and South Africa, are propelling the growth of the global Video Laryngoscope market. Increasing government initiatives for advanced medical infrastructure for the early diagnosis and treatment of chronic diseases and addressing the deficits in skilled healthcare professionals in these regions is also driving market growth.
The global Video Laryngoscope market can be categorized on the following: Product, Usage Type, Channel Type, Device Type, End-use, and Region. Based on Product, the market can be categorized into Rigid Video Laryngoscope and Flexible Video Laryngoscope. Furthermore, based on Usage Type, the market can be segmented into Reusable Video Laryngoscope and Disposable Video Laryngoscope. In addition, based on Channel Type, the market can be classified into Non-Channeled Video Laryngoscope and Channeled Video Laryngoscope. Moreover, based on Device Type, the market can be categorized into Cart-based Video Laryngoscope and Handheld Video Laryngoscope. On the other hand, based on the End Use segment, the market can be divided into In-Hospital, Pre-Hospital, ENT Clinic, and Training Center. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
Rigid Video Laryngoscopes to Have Largest Market Share
The rigid Video Laryngoscope segment in the global Video Laryngoscope market is expected to grow significantly in the forecast period. This is primarily due to the increasing prevalence of various respiratory diseases, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, and lung cancer, which require laryngoscopes for diagnosis and treatment. Additionally, the growing demand for minimally invasive procedures and the higher success rate of laryngoscopes for intubations without compromising airway management are driving the growth of this segment. Further, developing advanced technologies such as portable Video Laryngoscopes and integrating digital cameras with laryngoscopes are boosting the market growth. These factors are expected to contribute to the robust growth of the rigid Video Laryngoscope segment in the coming years.
Based on Usage Type
Reusable Video Laryngoscopes to Express Major Revenue
The global Video Laryngoscope market is divided into many segments, including the reusable Video Laryngoscope segment. This segment accounts for a significant market share as more hospitals and clinics seek cost-effective solutions to deliver quality patient care. Reusable Video Laryngoscopes offer several advantages over traditional laryngoscopes, including improved vocal cords visualization, reduced trauma incidence, and easy cleaning and sterilization. They also have long-lasting durability and can handle multiple use cases, which makes them suitable for large hospitals and clinics. As the demand for high-quality airway management increases globally, the reusable Video Laryngoscopes segment is expected to grow in the coming years.
Based on Channel Type
Non-channeled Video Laryngoscopes to Accommodate Maximum Market Share
The Non-channeled Video Laryngoscope segment is anticipated to observe significant growth in the global market over the forecast period. This laryngoscope provides a clear view of the larynx and vocal cords, making intubation easier and more accurate. Non-channeled Video Laryngoscopes are widely used in emergencies and difficult airway management cases. The increasing prevalence of respiratory disorders and rapid technological advancements in the field of laryngoscopes are some of the major factors driving the growth of the non-channeled Video Laryngoscopes segment. Moreover, the growing demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures and the rising geriatric population is expected further to boost the market growth in the coming years.
Based on the Device Type
Cart-based Video Laryngoscopes to Have High Revenue
The cart-based Video Laryngoscope segment in the global Video Laryngoscope market is expected to grow considerably over the forecast period. These devices offer advanced features such as large video screens, high-resolution cameras, and improved battery life, making them ideal for use in complex airway situations. Furthermore, they allow clinicians to obtain a quick and clear view of the airway, even in cases of difficult intubation. This has increased the adoption of Video Laryngoscopes worldwide among anesthesiologists, emergency medicine physicians, and critical care physicians. The rising burden of respiratory diseases and the increasing adoption of minimally invasive surgical procedures are also driving the growth of the cart-based Video Laryngoscopes segment in the global market.
Based on End-use
In-hospital to Accommodate Significant Revenue
The in-hospital segment is leading in the global Video Laryngoscope market, primarily using these devices in hospital settings. The segment includes public and private healthcare facilities, including emergency departments, operating rooms, and critical care units. The increasing demand for efficient and effective airway management systems in hospital settings due to the rising incidence of airway obstruction and respiratory diseases is driving the growth of this segment. The segment is also anticipated to grow significantly due to the increasing adoption of Video Laryngoscopes in anesthesia. Moreover, the advantages of video laryngoscopy over traditional laryngoscopy in terms of better visualization, reduced intubation time, and improved patient outcomes are also contributing to the growth of this segment.
Based on Region
North America to Lead Global Sales
The North American Video Laryngoscope market is expected to witness the largest market growth in the coming years due to a rise in demand for advanced medical devices and a growing prevalence of respiratory disorders in North America. The market is also driven by technological advancements in Video Laryngoscopes and growing investments in research and development. The United States dominates the North American Video Laryngoscope market due to its well-established healthcare infrastructure, increasing investments in healthcare, and high adoption of advanced medical devices. Canada is also expected to witness significant growth due to the increased number of patients suffering from respiratory disorders. Moreover, increasing awareness about Video Laryngoscopes benefits, such as reduced complications during intubation, enhanced visualization, and improved patient outcomes, is also expected to drive market growth. The North American Video Laryngoscope market will significantly develop in the coming years.
The Asia Pacific Video Laryngoscope market is projected to grow the fastest due to growing healthcare infrastructure, the rising prevalence of respiratory disorders, and an aging population. Developing innovative and advanced technologies in Video Laryngoscopes has further contributed to the market growth. Additionally, the growing demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures and increasing focus on patient safety are the major factors for Video Laryngoscopes growth. However, limited awareness about these devices and their high cost may impede market growth. Countries like China, India, and Japan are expected to lead the market due to the rising demand for new medical technologies and a large patient pool.
The global Video Laryngoscope market is highly fragmented, with numerous small and large players. Several small players have emerged in the market recently, offering innovative and cost-effective Video Laryngoscopes. The market is also witnessing increased competition from alternative airway management devices, including supraglottic airway devices and intubation scopes, which may affect the growth of the Video Laryngoscope market in the coming years. Overall, the global Video Laryngoscope market is expected to remain highly competitive in the coming years, with players focusing on innovation, quality, and cost-effectiveness to gain a competitive edge.
The key players in the global Video Laryngoscope market include - Medtronic PLC (Ireland), Karl Storz SE & Co. KG (Germany), Nihon Kohden Corp. (Japan), Ambu A/S (Denmark), Teleflex Inc. (U.S.), Verathon Inc. (U.S.), Olympus Corp. (Japan), Pentax Medical (Japan), Clarus Medical LLC (U.S.), Vivid Medical Inc. (U.S.), Timesco Healthcare Ltd. (UK), IntuBrite Inc. (U.S.), Dilon Technologies Inc. (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- January 2023: At Arab Health 2023, Timesco will introduce an innovative Video Laryngoscope that improves intubation performance. The company will demonstrate how their brand-new Optima View® laryngoscope system may increase tracheal intubation success rates, reduce problems, and improve visibility in prehospital cases.
- July 2020: The NK AWS-S200 Video Laryngoscope has been made official by Nihon Kohden as a part of its critical care product line. The NK AWS-S200 may reduce aerosolized particle exposure, which can help protect medical professionals when intubating patients with COVID-19 or other respiratory conditions.
Segmentation of the Global Video Laryngoscope Market
- Product (Rigid, Flexible)
- Usage Type (Reusable, Disposable)
- Channel Type (Non-Channeled, Channeled)
- Device Type (Cart-based, Handheld)
- End-Use (In-hospital, Pre-hospital, ENT Clinic, Training Center)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Medtronic PLC (Ireland)
- Karl Storz SE & Co. KG (Germany)
- Nihon Kohden Corp. (Japan)
- Ambu A/S (Denmark)
- Teleflex Inc. (U.S.)
- Verathon Inc. (U.S.)
- Olympus Corp. (Japan)
- Pentax Medical (Japan)
- Clarus Medical LLC (U.S.)
- Vivid Medical Inc. (U.S.)
- Timesco Healthcare Ltd. (UK)
- IntuBrite Inc. (U.S.)
- Dilon Technologies Inc. (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options