The global LV And MV Switchgear Market is valued at USD 51.48 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 76.52 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.1% between 2023 and 2030.
The LV And MV Switchgear market is driven by various factors including the increasing urbanization and industrialization in regions with rapid economic growth result in a higher demand for electrical infrastructure. The focus on renewable energy sources and the integration of smart grid technologies also contribute to advancements in switchgear solutions. Additionally, government initiatives and investments in the power sector that aim to improve energy reliability and efficiency play a crucial role in stimulating market growth. For instance, India's switchgear market has experienced substantial growth, due to various infrastructure development initiatives led by the Indian government such as Smart Cities, Make in India, Digital India, the Integrated Power Development Scheme, and the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation.
LV And MV Switchgear Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The growth of the switchgear market is primarily fueled by the increasing demand for energy and the need to extend or replace outdated switchgear at substations
- Asia Pacific generated more than 35.5% of revenue share in 2022
- North America is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- 1kV - 5kV segment accounted for the largest market growth in 2022 due to its widespread use, compact design, and suitability for applications where space efficiency and environmental protection are crucial factors
- Indoor segment accounts for the most significant market share of 63.2% in 2022
The LV And MV Switchgear market's economic dynamics are influenced by various factors that shape its trajectory. Urbanization plays a significant role in market growth, as the expansion of buildings, transportation networks, and renewable energy projects require robust electrical distribution systems. Government initiatives and investments in the power sector, often linked to broader economic development goals, are crucial in shaping the market's direction. However, during economic downturns or uncertainties, challenges may arise, affecting infrastructure projects' capital expenditure and, consequently, the demand for LV and MV switchgear.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Growing Demand for Smart Switchgear: Utilities and industrial customers are increasingly embracing the use of smart switchgear to enhance efficiency, reliability, and safety. By incorporating sensors and other devices, smart switchgear is capable of gathering performance and operational data.
- Increasing Demand for Sustainable Switchgear: Switchgear solutions that are sustainable in high demand among utilities and industrial customers, who are now seeking options made from recycled materials, that consume less energy, and have minimal environmental impact.
- Growing Demand for Switchgear for Renewable Energy Applications: The increasing use of renewable energy is also creating a need for LV and MV switchgear. Switchgear is necessary for linking renewable energy sources to the grid and for distributing the generated electricity to consumers.
- Digitalization and IoT Integration: Switchgear design is being influenced by the implementation of digital technologies and the Internet of Things (IoT). The incorporation of sensors and communication capabilities into smart LV and MV switchgear is allowing for improved monitoring, diagnostics, and predictive maintenance.
LV And MV Switchgear The global LV And MV Switchgear market can be categorized into Product , Components, Insulation, Installation, End Use, Region. The LV And MV Switchgear market can be categorized into Less than 1kV, 1kV - 5kV, 6kV - 15kV, 17kV - 27kV, 28kV - 40kV based on Product . The LV And MV Switchgear market can be categorized into Circuit Breakers, Relays, Bus Bars and Switches, Others(Enclosure, Isolators, Fuses) based on Components. The LV And MV Switchgear market can be categorized into Air Insulated Switchgear, Gas Insulated Switchgear, Others(Oil and Solid) based on Insulation. The LV And MV Switchgear market can be categorized into Indoor, Outdoor based on Installation. The LV And MV Switchgear market can be categorized into Automotive, IT and Telecommunication, Energy & Utility, Metals & Mining, Food & Beverages, Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Building & Construction, Others(Water & Waste water,Textile) based on End Use. The LV And MV Switchgear market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia pacific, Latin America, Middle east & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
1kV - 5kV holds the largest share
1kV - 5kV hold the largest share in the LV And MV Switchgear market because it is widely used in different applications such as commercial and industrial buildings, infrastructure projects, and the integration of renewable energy sources. The 1kV - 5kV segment is well-established and benefits from a mature market status, due to its efficient supply chain that supports manufacturers in their production and supply operations.
Based on Installation
Indoor will account for largest market share
The LV And MV Switchgear market is dominated by Indoor because it is extensively used in a wide range of applications such as commercial and industrial buildings, infrastructure, and renewable energy projects in terms of usage. Its compact design makes it particularly beneficial for applications with limited space. Additionally, indoor switchgear offers superior protection from the elements compared to outdoor counterparts, making it the preferred choice for applications in harsh environmental conditions.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific will lead the market
The LV And MV Switchgear market in the Asia Pacific region is set to dominate driven by various factors including the rising disposable incomes and an increased need for electricity. The growing middle class in Asia Pacific is a significant factor driving the demand for electricity, which in turn fuels the demand for LV and MV switchgear. Additionally, the ongoing urbanization trend in the region contributes to the surge in infrastructure demand, including buildings, transportation networks, and renewable energy projects, all requiring the use of LV and MV switchgear.
The LV And MV Switchgear market is highly competitive including regional players and emerging market entrants also contribute to the competition by addressing specific regional demands and fostering innovation. Industry players use their technological expertise and wide range of products to drive growth. They often engage in mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships to expand their market presence. Technological advancements, smart grid solutions, and sustainability in product development further intensify the market's competitiveness.
The players in the global LV And MV Switchgear market include Toshiba, ABB, SENTEG, Eaton, Mitsubishi, HYUNDAI, GE, Fuji, Schneider, Siemens. among others.
Recent Market Developments
- May 2022: Schneider Electric has introduced SureSeT MV Switchgear and EvoPacT Circuit Breakers, equipped with advanced technology from hoover, to offer top-tier solutions for large and complex medium voltage (MV) power distribution and control. The EvoPacT circuit breakers come with renowned metal-clad, air-insulated switchgear, providing improved equipment health monitoring, control, and operational effectiveness through innovative digital capabilities. These enhancements also enable preventive maintenance measures.
- March 2023: Elmeasure has declared its participation in ELECRAMA 2023, during which the company will unveil its complete selection of low-voltage switchgear.
Segmentation of the Global LV And MV Switchgear Market
- Less than 1kV
- 1kV - 5kV
- 6kV - 15kV
- 17kV - 27kV
- 28kV - 40kV
- Circuit Breakers
- Bus Bars and Switches
- Others(Enclosure, Isolators, Fuses)
- Air Insulated Switchgear
- Gas Insulated Switchgear
- Others(Oil and Solid)
By End Use
- IT and Telecommunication
- Energy & Utility
- Metals & Mining
- Food & Beverages
- Oil & Gas
- Building & Construction
- Others(Water & Waste water,Textile)
- North America
- Asia pacific
- Latin America
- Middle east & Africa
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
|Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
|Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options