The global Emulsion Polymer Market was valued at USD 30.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 46.2 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 6.1% between 2023 and 2030.
Polymer emulsion uses water-soluble polymers as stabilizers or emulsifiers, such as certain polyvinyl alcohols or hydroxylate celluloses. In contrast to many other polymerization methods, Emulsion Polymerization employs a unique mechanism and kinetics for polymerization. Water, monomer, and surfactant-containing emulsions are often the starting point for radical polymerization of the emulsion kind. The global Emulsion Polymer market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. The expansion of infrastructure and the building sector drives the market for Emulsion Polymer. Additionally, rising consumer demand for environmentally friendly and biodegradable products is anticipated to fuel market expansion. As Emulsion Polymer are non-toxic, biodegradable, and environmentally friendly, they are recommended for coating and other applications.
The demand is also anticipated to be fueled by the use of Emulsion Polymer in manufacturing numerous fabrics, including cotton, wool, and silk. The COVID-19 epidemic significantly impacted the market for Emulsion Polymer. Due to the demand for sanitizers and protective gear, Emulsion Polymer are in higher demand in the healthcare industry. The demand for the Emulsion Polymer utilized in their manufacture has temporarily increased due to the increased demand for these products. Due to the favorable commercial real estate market fundamentals, strong economy, and increased federal and state financing for infrastructure projects and institutional buildings, the U.S. construction industry is expanding.
Emulsion Polymer Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Another market expansion element is the automobile industry's widespread use of color and coating chemicals. Furthermore, customer preferences for ecologically friendly products that promote a safe and healthy environment have increased global demand for water-based polymer emulsion. Increasing population results from large-scale global urbanization, which increases the need for housing, leading to increased demand for end-user commodities.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
According to a new warning issued by the World Bank, the emerging economies would suffer the most severe consequences of the approaching recession. This is going to be a severe and drawn-out delay. The research from the World Bank also anticipated that a variety of factors, including high inflation, rising interest rates, and decreasing investments, would halt the expansion of the global economy. If the COVID-19 outbreak became more widespread, it would deepen the current global economic downturn. February 2022 was the month that saw the beginning of the ongoing conflicts that are being fought between Russia and Ukraine. On the other hand, the conflict has been brewing for a good number of years. On the other hand, Russia invaded Ukraine without prior notice on February 20, 2022, resulting in the worst conflict in Europe since World War II.
Top Market Trends
1. Rising Demand for VOC-based Compounds: A shift in consumer demand for environmentally friendly paints and coatings and a supportive regulatory environment are expected to aid in developing paints and coatings with low or no VOC content. As a result, the global market for Emulsion Polymerization has begun. Acrylic is popular because of its properties, which include low VOC emissions and long durability. Polymer emulsion, known as polyacrylates, is widely used in various applications. Because of its adaptability, it is also preferred in various end-use applications. Acrylics can make rigid, flexible, ionic, nonionic, hydrophobic, or hydrophilic polymers. Polymer emulsions offer better adherence to non-porous surfaces, are flowable and stable, transparent, breaking resistant, and have a high finish gloss.
2. Increasing Utilization of Architectural Paints: Another element driving market expansion is the widespread use of color and coating chemicals in the automobile industry. Furthermore, customer preferences for ecologically friendly products that promote a safe and healthy environment have increased global demand for water-based polymer emulsion. Increasing population results from large-scale global urbanization, which increases the need for housing, leading to increased demand for end-user commodities.
The global Emulsion Polymer market can be categorized into the following: Type, Application, End-Use, and Region. Based on Type, the market can be categorized into Acrylics, Styrene-Butadiene Latex, Vinyl Acetate Polymers, and Other Types. Additionally, based on Application, the market can be segmented across Paints & Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Paper & Paperboard, and Others. Moreover, based on End Use Industry, the market can be split into Building & Construction, Automotive, Chemicals, Textile & Coatings, and Other End-Use Industries. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
Acrylics to Dominate Largest Market Share Owing to Rising Demand from Adhesives and Sealants
The global Emulsion Polymer market is expected to be dominated by the segment of acrylics during the forecast period. The rising product demand from the superabsorbent polymer, adhesives & sealants industries will propel segmental growth. It is projected that increased building and construction activity in developing countries will drive demand for acrylic polymers even further. The growing use of acrylic polymers in water treatment is also anticipated to fuel market expansion. In the upcoming years, vinyl acetate is expected to rise significantly, largely due to an expanding application base in manufacturing adhesives, paper, textiles, and wood. To enhance the production of vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) and Emulsion Polymer, Celanese Corporation announced a timeline for manufacturing facility expansions, debottlenecking initiatives, and new buildings across Europe and Asia in March 2022.
Based on Application
Paints and Coating to Account for the Largest Revenue Due to Rising Focus on Advanced Coatings
The paintings and coatings segment will dominate the global Emulsion Polymer market during the forecast period. Demand for premium paints and technologically advanced coatings is estimated to increase during the anticipated period due to consumers' growing emphasis on quality and aesthetics. The market for paints and coatings is growing due to consumers' increasing preference for odorless, low-VOC goods. This is mainly because some stringent environmental regulations and laws favor eco-friendly goods. Global residential and commercial development growth has significantly influenced the demand for polymer emulsion for use in manufacturing architectural paints and coatings. Polymer emulsions are used in paint and coating applications because of their many benefits, including inflammability, low energy usage during production, and cheap handling costs.
Based on End-Use
Building & Construction to Accommodate the Largest Revenue owing to Rising Integration into Binders and Additives
The global Emulsion Polymer market is expected to be dominated by the segment of building & construction during the forecast period. Emulsion Polymer are used in building supplies such as paints, coatings, adhesives, and mortar as binders and additives. The rise of the construction industry is directly correlated with the need for Emulsion Polymer. Emulsion Polymer is used in construction materials because they improve durability, flexibility, and resistance to moisture and harsh weather. These elements, along with the expansion of the construction sector, are boosting demand for Emulsion Polymer. China was the largest importer of acrylic polymer in 2020, according to the Observatory of Economic Complexity (OEC). The need for raw materials like Emulsion Polymer is rising due to China's expanding end-use sectors, including cosmetics, automotive, building & construction.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Sales Owing to a Budding Construction Sector
The global Emulsion Polymer market is expected to be dominated by the region of Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Emulsion Polymer are used in building supplies such as paints, coatings, adhesives, and mortar as binders and additives. The rise of the construction industry is directly correlated with the need for Emulsion Polymer. Emulsion Polymer is used in construction materials because they improve durability, flexibility, and resistance to moisture and harsh weather. These elements, along with the expansion of the construction sector, are boosting demand for Emulsion Polymer. China was the largest importer of acrylic polymer in 2020, according to the Observatory of Economic Complexity (OEC). The need for raw materials like Emulsion Polymer is rising due to China's expanding end-use sectors, including cosmetics, automotive, building & construction.
Europe will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period. The region's future growth is anticipated because of the increased demand for premium paints and coatings, which is predicted to boost industrial output. Also, the region will demonstrate remarkable expansion owing to increased economic growth.
The presence of several local, regional, and international competitors makes the Emulsion Polymer market competitive. Collaborations, partnerships, acquisitions, agreements, and mergers are techniques the world's top market players use to combat fierce competition and grow their market share. Manufacturers of Emulsion Polymer invest a lot in technological development to create cutting-edge products and incorporate cutting-edge technologies that are more environmentally friendly and sustainable.
The key players in the global Emulsion Polymer market include - Synthomer (UK), OMNOVA Solutions (U.S.), Allnex GMBH (Germany), Arkema (France), DIC CORPORATION (Japan), BASF SE (Germany), Celanese Corporation (U.S.), Wacker Chemie AG (Germany), Momentive (U.S.), Mallard Creek Polymers (U.S.), Solvay SA (Belgium), Clariant (Switzerland), Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- February 2023: Celanese Corporation has completed an ultra-low capital program to repurpose existing manufacturing and infrastructure assets to enable additional ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) capacity at its Edmonton, Alberta facility. The development will greatly expand the Acetyl Chain's downstream vinyl offering.
- March 2021: The adhesives resins division of Eastman Chemical was purchased by Synthomer PLC for USD 1 billion in November 2021. The acquisition was made to broaden the global reach of the company's goods and services and its product portfolio, which now includes polyolefin polymers, pure monomer resins and dispersions, fatty acid-based resins, and oleochemical product lines.
- June 2020:Megafarma and Celanese Corporation signed an agreement to supply Emulsion Polymer in Mexico.· March 2018: In its Ludwigshafen facility, German-based BASF SE has increased the size of its Joncryl water-based emulsion production capabilities. This would strengthen the company's position as a top water-based resin and emulsion manufacturer for overprint lacquers, printing inks, and functional coatings for flexible packaging and paper & board applications.
- September 2018: A well-known specialty chemical company with headquarters in the UK, Synthomer plc, recently acquired the Austrian SBR business Pischelsdorf of BASF. The rubber styrene butadiene produced by this company is utilized in the paper sector, particularly in packaging. This will improve the paper/packaging applications production network and Synthomer's SBR business.
Segmentation of the Global Emulsion Polymer Market
- Type (Acrylics, Styrene-Butadiene Latex, Vinyl Acetate Polymers, Other Types)
- Application (Paints & Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Paper & Paperboard, Other Applications)
- End Use Industry (Building & Construction, Automotive, Chemicals, Textile & Coatings, Other End Use Industries)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Synthomer (UK)
- OMNOVA Solutions (U.S.)
- Allnex GMBH (Germany)
- Arkema (France)
- DIC CORPORATION (Japan)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Celanese Corporation (U.S.)
- Wacker Chemie AG (Germany)
- Momentive (U.S.)
- Mallard Creek Polymers (U.S.)
- Solvay SA (Belgium)
- Clariant (Switzerland)
- Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options