The global Disinfectant Wipes Market is valued at USD 6.1 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 8.9 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.7% between 2023 and 2030.
Cleaning supplies like Disinfectant Wipes play a key role in disinfection because when disinfecting something, you use a chemical agent to kill germs. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has registered Disinfectant Wipes as antimicrobial pesticides that kill or inactivate microbes (germs). The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends daily disinfection of frequently touched, nonporous surfaces, such as "tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks," to guard against the common cold, the flu, and the coronavirus. On most nonporous surfaces, Disinfectant Wipes are generally safe. Unless the label has specific instructions, you can assume the wipe can be used on glass, plastic, metal, sealed, or treated wood. Even though consumers are cleaning less frequently, studies show that the pandemic has influenced them. In December 2022, 42% of consumers claimed to be cleaning more than they were a year prior and even more than before the pandemic. The effects of Disinfectant Wipes on the environment have become more widely known in recent years. As a result, many producers are now making sustainable and biodegradable eco-friendly wipes.
Disinfectant Wipes Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
These wipes have a small environmental impact because they are made of renewable materials and are made to decompose quickly. For instance, businesses have developed wipes made of cellulose or plant-based fibers that guarantee a more environmentally friendly option without sacrificing their efficacy. As a result, producers have begun creating biodegradable wipes made of sustainable materials, minimizing the harm done to the environment. Additionally, some wipes have extra features like rough textures to help scrub or softer textures for delicate surfaces like electronics. Disinfectant Wipes have generally revolutionized how we keep ourselves clean, offering a practical and efficient way to stop germs and keep ourselves and our surroundings safe.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Competitive benchmarking
- Historical data & forecasts
- Company revenue shares
- Regional opportunities
- Latest trends & dynamics
- Power BI Report (Dashboard)
- With a sales share of nearly 38.10% in 2022, North America dominated the Disinfectant Wipes market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- The healthcare segment recorded the maximum revenue share in the Disinfectant Wipes market in 2022.
Consumer spending on discretionary items, such as non-essential cleaning supplies like Disinfectant Wipes, tends to decline during economic downturns. The cost of the raw materials used to make wipes, such as chemical compounds and fibers, may also impact the market. Changes in labor costs, transportation costs, and exchange rates also impact the Disinfectant Wipes' overall profitability and cost. Finally, trade tariffs, government rules, and economic policies can either help or hinder the expansion of this market. Moreover, the Disinfectant Wipes market has had a difficult few years. Manufacturers of wipes and their suppliers scrambled to ramp up and expand capacity for Disinfectant Wipes in the early months of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 to keep up with the increased demand. Disinfectant wipe demand softened as worries about Covid's spread diminished, but industry analysts say wipe usage is still higher now than before the pandemic.
Top Market Trends
- Increased Preference for Alcohol-based Wipes: The growing desire for alcohol-based wipes is one of the major industry trends in the disinfecting wipes sector. Wipes with an alcohol basis are known to be efficient against various germs, such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi. In addition, they are easier to use and dry more quickly than other varieties of disinfection wipes. Due to their efficiency in eradicating viruses, consumers are increasingly choosing alcohol-based wipes over other forms of disinfection wipes. Furthermore, alcohol-based wipes are easier to find and can be found in most drug and supermarket stores.
- Growing Demand for Eco-friendly Wipes: The increased demand for environmentally friendly wipes is another trend that is taking off in the market for disinfecting wipes. Many consumers are becoming concerned about the environment and seeking out sustainable and biodegradable products. Disinfectant Wipes that are environmentally friendly are frequently created without hazardous chemicals and from materials that do not affect the environment. Typically comprised of natural materials like bamboo or cotton, these wipes are manufactured with the intention of decomposing more quickly in landfills. The demand for eco-friendly wipes is anticipated to increase in the upcoming years as people become more aware of how plastic pollution affects the environment.
- The Disinfectant Wipes market is evolving due to product innovations and technological advancements: Companies are working on wipes that eliminate viruses and germs and have other advantages. Wipes are being developed with features that improve the user experience, such as longer-lasting antibacterial protection, a pleasant fragrance, improved texture, and skin moisturization. Additionally, the development of smart wipes that contain tracking chips or sensors is gaining popularity because it allows for accurate coverage and real-time monitoring of disinfection procedures.
The global Disinfectant Wipes market can be segmented based on the following: Type, Application, Distribution Channel, and Region. Based on the Type, the market can be categorized into Alcohol-based Wipes, Quaternary Ammonium Compound-based Wipes, Hydrogen Peroxide-based Wipes, Chlorine-Based Wipes, and Other Types. Additionally, based on the segment Application, the market can be split between Households, Healthcare Services, Food Services, Industrial & Institutional, and Other Applications. Furthermore, based on the Distribution Channel, the market can be categorized as Online retail, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Drug Stores and pharmacies, and Other Distribution Channels. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
Alcohol-based Disinfectant Wipes Dominate the Market Owing to Their Effectiveness Against a Wide Range of Viruses, Bacteria, and Fungi
Hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, and quaternary ammonium compound-based wipes can all be found in the Disinfectant Wipes market. These days, alcohol-based disinfection wipes are the most popular option because of how simple, efficient, and inexpensive they are to obtain. Alcohol wipes are frequently used in homes, schools, and other public areas because they efficiently eliminate various bacteria and viruses. They also don't leave any hazardous residue behind and are generally safe to use. Research shows wipes with alcohol-based solutions can eliminate 99.9% of surface germs.
Based on Application
The Healthcare Sector Dominates the Market Due to The High Usage of Disinfectant Wipes in Hospitals and Clinics
Disinfectant Wipes are used in healthcare, domestic, industrial, and commercial settings to clean and sanitize various surfaces, instruments, and equipment. The most common application for disinfection wipes among these is in healthcare facilities. High sanitization levels must be maintained in delicate healthcare settings to stop the spread of infection and disease. In hospitals, laboratories, clinics, and doctor's offices, Disinfectant Wipes can be used for surface disinfection because they are practical, simple, and don't require extra tools or solutions.
Based on Distribution Channel
Supermarkets and Drug Stores are the Dominating Channels for the Distribution of Disinfectant Wipes
Based on the distribution channel, the Disinfectant Wipes Market is divided into supermarkets/hypermarkets, internet retailers, drugstores, and convenience stores. Due to their accessibility and ease, internet retailers and supermarkets/hypermarkets are the most popular subcategories within these channels. The online shop market is expanding significantly due to the expansion of e-commerce, as people increasingly want to purchase from the convenience of their homes. Additionally, supermarkets and hypermarkets carry a variety of various brands of disinfection wipes, making them a one-stop shop for customers. Due mostly to the significant increase in demand for disinfection wipes during the COVID-19 pandemic, the drugstore industry is also expanding.
Based on Region
The Market for Disinfection Wipes in North America is Anticipated to Expand Significantly Over the Next Few Years
North America is the largest geographic Disinfectant Wipes market. Due to the growing public awareness of the value of preserving cleanliness and hygiene in public areas and healthcare institutions, this region commands a sizeable market share for disinfection wipes. The region's Disinfectant Wipes market has grown dramatically due to the rising incidence of infectious diseases and pandemics, particularly the recent COVID-19 pandemic.
The Clorox Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group, and Procter & Gamble Co. are among the top companies engaged in the fiercely competitive North American market. To innovate their product offerings and meet the shifting needs and wants of the market, many businesses are substantially investing in research and development operations. Taking CleanTech Inc. as an illustration, it is a well-known supplier and manufacturer of cleaning and sanitation products. CleanTech increased its production capacity and unveiled a selection of antibacterial wipes. These wipes have high-quality components and potent antimicrobial agents that effectively eliminate bacteria and viruses. As the population's lifestyles change, the need for disinfection wipes in the area is being further increased by the extensive availability of these products at several retail stores, pharmacies, and online marketplaces. The Disinfectant Wipes market is expanding in North America due to rising government measures to encourage the use of eco-friendly products.
The Disinfectant Wipes market in North America is anticipated to expand significantly over the next few years as a result of rising demand for hygiene and sanitation products, an increase in the prevalence of infectious diseases, and growing consumer preference for environmentally friendly Disinfectant Wipes. Additionally, the industry's growth has been greatly aided by government support. For instance, to guarantee the efficacy and safety of these products, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has offered guidelines and regulations, encouraging consumer trust and compliance.
Numerous international and regional actors compete fiercely on the global market. Major corporations engage in strategic alliances, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to acquire a market advantage. In addition, manufacturers have been compelled to increase their R&D efforts in the wipes category due to a combination of anti-plastic regulations and consumers' concerns about a healthy environment and safer ingredients. Companies are doing this by providing greener formulations, utilizing more plant-based fibers, and using less plastic to package wipes.
The key players in the global Disinfectant Wipes market include - Dr. Deppe GmbH (Germany), Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC (UK), Codi Group (Netherlands), Dreumex (Netherlands), RCP Ranstadt GmbH (Germany), The Hygiene Company (UK), Uniwipe Europe Ltd. (UK), KCWW (U.S.), Ecolab (U.S.), Clean Well LLC. (U.S), Seventh Generation Inc. (U.S.), The Claire Manufacturing Company (U.S.), Parker Laboratories (U.S.), GOJO Industries Inc. (U.S.), Stepan Company (U.S.), Whiteley (U.S.), Linghai Zhan Wang Biotechnology Co. Ltd. (China), Jainam Invamed Pvt. Ltd. (India), Hangzhou Wipex Nonwovens Co. Ltd. (China), The Clorox Company (U.S.), Procter & Gamble Company (U.S.), Unilever PLC (UK), Henkel AG & Co. KgaA (Germany), SC Johnson & Johnson Inc. (U.S.), Beiersdorf AG (Germany), 3M Company (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- October 3, 2022: Lysol Disinfecting Wipes in an 800-count bucket have been introduced by Reckitt's Lysol Pro Solutions, a science-driven, business-to-business offering. This product is a high-capacity solution for high-volume disinfection. The 800-count wipes format will enable businesses to realize cost savings, optimize resource use, and help reduce packaging waste. It will also empower cleaning teams to deliver heightened expectations regarding hygiene.
- September 27, 2022: Annihilare Medical Systems reported that it had submitted a non-provisional patent application for hypochlorous disinfecting wipes. The cleaning wipe has the potential to be the first of its kind in the market. The product will be able to provide one of the most effective and safe wipes on the market thanks to the combination of solution and substrate.
- May 9, 2022: GOJO Industries, the makers of PURELL products, announced the further expansion of its surface hygiene portfolio with the launch of PURELL Healthcare Surface Disinfecting Wipes.
- February 15, 2022: Lysol Disinfecting Wipes Made From 100% Plant-Based Fibers have been named the 2022 "Product of the Year" award winner in the Disinfecting Wipes category by Product of the Year USA – the largest consumer-voted award for product innovation in the country.
Segmentation of the Global Disinfectant Wipes Market
- Type (Alcohol-based Wipes, Quaternary Ammonium Compound-based Wipes, Hydrogen Peroxide-based Wipes, Chlorine-based wipes, Other Types)
- Distribution Channel (Online Retail, Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Drug Stores & Pharmacies, Other Distribution Channels)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Dr. Deppe GmbH (Germany)
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC (UK)
- Codi Group (Netherlands)
- Dreumex (Netherlands)
- RCP Ranstadt GmbH (Germany)
- The Hygiene Company (UK)
- Uniwipe Europe Ltd. (UK)
- KCWW (U.S.)
- Ecolab (U.S.)
- Clean Well LLC. (U.S)
- Seventh Generation Inc. (U.S.)
- The Claire Manufacturing Company (U.S.)
- Parker Laboratories (U.S.)
- GOJO Industries Inc. (U.S.)
- Stepan Company (U.S.)
- Whiteley (U.S.)
- Linghai Zhan Wang Biotechnology Co. Ltd. (China)
- Jainam Invamed Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Hangzhou Wipex Nonwovens Co. Ltd. (China)
- The Clorox Company (U.S.)
- Procter & Gamble Company (U.S.)
- Unilever PLC (UK)
- Henkel AG & Co. KgaA (Germany)
- SC Johnson & Johnson Inc. (U.S.)
- Beiersdorf AG (Germany)
- 3M Company (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options