The global Custom Antibody Market is valued at USD 0.61 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 1.2 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 9.75% between 2023 and 2030.
The global Custom Antibody market is a rapidly growing industry that is expected to continue expanding at a growth rate of 9.75% in the coming years. According to the Food and Drug Administration(FDA), custom antibodies are considered medical devices when they are intended for use in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of disease. Custom antibodies are needed for a variety of reasons, frequently to identify a novel target or biomarker or to enhance the functionality of a currently marketed product. They may be required for a variety of in vitro tests (such as Western Blotting, Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Enzyme-Linked Immuno Absorbant Assay (ELISA), Immunoprecipitation, and Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting (FACS)) or in vivo applications. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) provides funding for research on custom antibodies through its various institutes and centers such as the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
Custom Antibody Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
Custom antibodies are created through the customization of antigen-specific antibodies, which are used to target specific structures within the cell or tissue. This customization allows for highly specific applications in areas like diagnostic testing, research, and therapeutic development. For instance, monoclonal antibodies are a promising class of targeted anticancer agents that improve the functions of the body's immune system to inhibit the growth and spread of cancer cells.
The market is being driven by a number of factors, including the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, the growing demand for personalized medicines, and technological advancements in antibody development. Additionally, the rise of biotechnology and the emergence of new drug development paradigms are also expected to boost market growth.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
- Due to the presence of major corporations, substantial government funding, and an increase in research activities in the region, North America held a 44% market share for custom antibodies in 2022.
- The Custom Antibody market's fastest-growing subsegment is recombinant antibodies. It is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 11% from 2023 to 2030.
- In 2022, monoclonal antibodies accounted for 50% of the market for custom antibodies.
The Russia-Ukraine conflict has affected the Custom Antibody market in several ways. Both countries are important players in the global biotech industry, and the conflict has disrupted supply chains and collaborations between companies in the two countries. This has led to delays in the delivery of custom antibodies and a decrease in the production capacity of some companies. Moreover, the uncertainty and instability caused by the conflict have made it difficult for companies to plan and invest in the long term. As a result, some companies have shifted their focus to other markets, which has led to a decline in the demand for custom antibodies. additionally, many companies have ramped up production to meet the increased demand, leading to a shortage of raw materials and labor. However, with the worldwide efforts to control the spread of the “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) over the past few years and the development of vaccines have surged the demand for custom antibodies and is anticipated to rise in the coming years as research in this area becomes more important than ever.
Top Market Trends
- Increasing Demand for Personalized Medicine: The Custom Antibody market is experiencing tremendous growth owing to the increasing demand for personalized medicine. Personalized medicine is an emerging field that involves customizing medical treatments according to the individual needs of patients. This approach utilizes a detailed analysis of the patient's genetic makeup, health history, and lifestyle to design specific treatment plans, which is driving the demand for custom antibodies. Custom antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with an antigen of interest, followed by the isolation and purification of the desired antibody. These antibodies are designed to target a specific protein or antigen, thus facilitating personalized diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cancer, and the rising demand for targeted therapies are driving the growth of the Custom Antibody market. Cancer treatment has up until now been the most extensively researched area of personalized medicine because tumors frequently result from genetic variations. However, the long-term goals of personalized medicine include developing drug treatments for all illnesses. Moreover, advancements in technology, such as genomics, proteomics, and monoclonal antibody production techniques are fueling the demand for custom antibodies.
- The Increasing Incidences of Chronic and Infectious Diseases Drive Growth: These antibodies are highly sensitive and specific, making them ideal for use in diagnostic and therapeutic applications. The increasing prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, and various autoimmune disorders is driving the demand for custom antibodies. These antibodies are being used in the development of personalized medicine and targeted therapy, which are highly effective in treating these diseases. For instance, monoclonal antibodies (mABs) are approved in record numbers (at twice the rate of small molecules) and have sky-high prices, mABs are Indicated for numerous tumors and chronic illnesses. In conclusion, the increasing incidences of chronic and infectious diseases are driving the demand for custom antibodies. The development of personalized medicine and targeted therapy, along with the growing demand for biopharmaceuticals and biologics, is expected to further fuel the growth of the Custom Antibody market in the coming years.
The global Custom Antibody market can be categorized on the following: Type, Service, Source, Application, End-user, and Regions. Based on Type, the market can be categorized into Monoclonal Antibodies, Polyclonal Antibodies, Recombinant Antibodies, and Other Types. Additionally, based on Service, the market can be split between Antibody Assay Development, Antibody Production and Development, Antibody Labeling, Antibody Fragmentation, Antibody Purification and Conjugation, Antibody Engineering and Modification, and Other Services. Moreover, based on the Source, the market can be categorized into Mice, Rabbits, and other sources. Additionally, based on Application, the market can be categorized into Research, Diagnostic, Therapeutic, and other applications. Furthermore, based on End-user, the market can be categorized into Academic and Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Diagnostic Laboratories, Contract Research Organizations, and other End-Users. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Type
Monoclonal Antibodies to Accommodate Maximum Market Share due to the Increasing Demand for Personalized Medicine and Targeted Therapies
In 2022, monoclonal antibodies dominated the market. The Custom Antibody market has been growing rapidly due to the increasing demand for monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) in research, diagnostic, and therapeutic applications. Monoclonal antibodies are highly specific and can be designed to target specific antigens, making them ideal for use in cancer therapy, autoimmune disorders, and infectious diseases. Custom mAbs are produced by hybridoma technology, which involves fusing a cancerous B-cell and an immune cell to produce a cell line that secretes a specific antibody. The market for custom mAbs is driven by increasing investment in research and development, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, and technological advancements in immunotherapy. The North American region dominates the global Custom Antibody market due to the presence of major pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology firms.
Based on Service
Antibody Production and Development to Express Dominion owing to its wide Range of Applications
Between 2023 and 2030, antibody production and development are anticipated to grow fastest. The Custom Antibody market is a rapidly growing segment in the biotechnology and life sciences industry. Custom antibodies are produced through development and production processes to target specific antigens. These antibodies have a wide range of applications including in research, diagnostics, and therapeutics. Antibody development typically involves the use of antigen-specific immune cells, B cells, or hybridomas, which are isolated and fused with immortal cells to produce monoclonal antibodies. The process encompasses antigen selection, immunization, hybridoma production, and screening to obtain the desired antibodies.
Based on Source
Mice to Express Dominion owing to its wide Range of Applications Including Research, Diagnostics, and Therapeutics
In 2022, the mice category dominated the market. The Custom Antibody market for the mouse category refers to the production and development of customized antibodies specific to the mouse species. It includes the use of various techniques and technologies such as hybridoma technology, phage display technology, recombinant DNA technology, and others to produce antibodies that can recognize and bind to specific target proteins and antigens in mouse samples. The Custom Antibody market for the mouse category holds significant importance in the field of life sciences research and drug development. The demand for customized antibodies specific to mouse species in various applications such as proteomics, genomics, immunology, and others is rising with the increase in research activities in these areas.
Based on Application
The Increasing Prevalence of Chronic Diseases, such as Cancer, Infectious Diseases, and Autoimmune Disorders, Further Drives the Demand for Diagnostic Applications of Custom Antibodies
The diagnostic segment is the most popular subcategory of the Custom Antibody market's application segments. Custom antibodies can be used for a variety of diagnostic purposes, such as disease detection, monitoring, and prognosis. In numerous diagnostic procedures like immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, and ELISA, custom antibodies are essential. They aid in the precise diagnosis and comprehension of diseases by allowing researchers and clinicians to pinpoint particular biomarkers, antigens, or proteins. The rising demand for personalized medicine and the requirement for accurate and dependable diagnostic tools can be attributed to the diagnostic segment's dominance.
Based on End-user
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies Category to Accommodate Maximum Market Share as It requires Custom Antibodies for Various Application
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are the major users of custom antibodies as they require specific antibodies for drug development and clinical studies. Custom antibodies are used in the detection and quantification of specific antibodies, protein expression and localization, and drug screening. These antibodies have wide applications in cancer research, infectious diseases, and autoimmune disorders. The increasing burden of chronic diseases such as cancer and the need for targeted therapy drive the demand for custom antibodies in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The customization of antibodies through recombinant technology has further enhanced their specificity and sensitivity, making them useful in various research and diagnostic applications.
Based on Region
North America to Lead Global Sales Due to the Presence of Well-established Research and Pharmaceutical Industries
North America is the largest region in the Custom Antibody market owing to the high prevalence of chronic diseases, rising demand for personalized medicine, and growing R&D activities in the region. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about six in ten adults in the United States have a chronic disease, and four in ten have two or more chronic diseases. Furthermore, the presence of leading market players and significant government funding for life sciences research and development activities in the region is fueling market growth. The region accounted for the largest share of the Custom Antibody market in 2022 with 44%. In addition, large-scale cancer & genomics research programs are conducted by universities in the U.S. and Canada. These have accelerated the progress in the biotechnology sector, thereby increasing the demand for high-throughput technology solutions in laboratory workflows. Moreover, the increasing use of custom antibodies in the development of new drugs for various diseases, such as cancer, autoimmune disorders, and infectious diseases, is boosting the market growth in the region.
Market participants' technological improvements in workflow are probably going to help end users during the development process. For instance, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. introduced the Pioneer Antibody Discovery Platform, an antibody discovery service, in November 2022 to create biologic candidates. The platform has a phage display library that can hold more than 200 billion unique sequences and is equipped with the recently created technology, SpyDisplay, for the detection of antibody candidates. The Custom Antibody market is highly competitive with the presence of several established players in the market. Some of the prominent players in the market include Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Abcam plc, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Merck Group, GenScript Biotech Corporation, Rockland Immunochemicals Inc., Cell Signaling Technology, ProteoGenix, and Novus Biologicals LLC. These companies are constantly focusing on developing innovative products and technologies, investing in research and development activities, and expanding their geographical presence through strategic partnerships, collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions.
The key players in the global Custom Antibody market include - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), Creative Diagnostics (U.S.), Abcam PLC (UK), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (U.S.), Kaneka Eurogentec S.A. (Belgium), YenZym Antibodies LLC (U.S.), Abmart (China), Labcorp Drug Development (U.S.), LifeSpan BioSciences Inc. (U.S.), GenScript (U.S.) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- January 2023: Creative Biolabs introduced a series of services, including therapeutic antibodies, to complement its therapeutic segment.
- December 2022: Merck KGaA collaborated with Kelun-Biotech to develop seven investigational preclinical antibody-drug conjugates (ADC) for the treatment of cancer.
- July 2022: Bio-Techne acquired Namocell to expand its product portfolio, to include gene therapy development and commercialization, cell engineering, cell line development, single-cell genomics, and antibody discovery.
Segmentation of the Global Custom Antibody Market
- Type (Monoclonal Antibodies, Polyclonal Antibodies, Recombinant Antibodies, Other Types)
- Service (Antibody Development, Antibody Production & Purification, Antibody Fragmentation & Labeling, Antibody Labeling, Antibody Purification & Conjugation, Antibody Engineering & Modification, Other Services)
- Source (Mice, Rabbits, Other Sources)
- Application (Research, Diagnostic, Therapeutic, Other Applications)
- End-User (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic & Research Institutes, Contract Research Organizations, Diagnostic Laboratories, Other End-Users)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.)
- Creative Diagnostics (U.S.)
- Abcam PLC (UK)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. (U.S.)
- Kaneka Eurogentec S.A. (Belgium)
- YenZym Antibodies LLC (U.S.)
- Abmart (China)
- Labcorp Drug Development (U.S.)
- LifeSpan BioSciences Inc. (U.S.)
- GenScript (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options