The Global Cosmetic Dentistry Market is valued at USD 32.65 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 84.36 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 12.60% over the forecast period.
Cosmetic Dentistry procedures are used to improve teeth and gum. It primarily focuses on improving aesthetics like alignment, shape, size, color, and position. Most cosmetic procedures include teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, teeth alignment, gum lifts, and contouring. Computer-aided designs (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) are used to create dental prostheses. Growing incidences of dental disorders such as tooth decay, gum diseases, dental cavities, and periodontal disease have led to increasing dental cosmetics procedures.
Cosmetic Dentistry Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The growing prevalence of various diseases is one of the major factors fuelling the Cosmetic Dentistry market during the forecast period. Oral diseases are among the preventable diseases however are among the most prevalent diseases. For instance, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO), it has been estimated that nearly 3.5 million population are affected by oral diseases. Dental caries affects around 60–90 % of schoolchildren worldwide. Most commonly, dental caries has been observed in developing nations. The high prevalence of dental cavities has led to rising demand for Cosmetic Dentistry. The rising geriatric population is more susceptible to oral diseases, such as dental cracks and gum diseases, which are also anticipated to surge market growth.
Various dental diseases have grown due to lifestyle changes in the past few years. Along with growing urbanization, the lifestyle patterns among the population are changing as they consume more packaged food. Patients are growing awareness of dental cosmetics to improve their smile makeovers. Orthodontic procedures are used mainly for straightening teeth and improving the patient's gum health. Various procedures, including non-metallic Inlays and Onlays, Veneers, Dental Crowns, and Bonding Agents, are commonly used. Moreover, rising acceptance and openness toward dental aesthetic treatments are also anticipated to bolster market growth during the forecast period.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The government in developing countries is taking initiatives such as launching programs that promote oral hygiene among the population. In developing countries such as India, the government also launches some caps for getting free dental check-ups to create awareness of the importance of dental hygiene. For instance, Indian Dental Association's National Oral Health Program is focused on coordinating between public and private clinics for distributing healthcare services, including oral health services, to the population nationwide. Such initiatives raise patient awareness and propel the Cosmetic Dentistry market.
Top Market Trends
1. Advancements of the Instruments Used to Treat Dental Diseases: Over the past few years, companies in the market have been focused on the development of advanced devices that can be used for the treatment of various dental diseases such as dental cavities, swollen gums, alignment of teeth, among others.
2. Introduction of Computer-Aided Design and Computer-Aided Manufacture (CAD & CAM): CAD & CAM technologies can be used to design and manufacture periodontitis fillings, crowns, and bridges. It helps in more accurate dental restoration.
3. Rising Awareness Regarding Cosmetic Dentistry: Cosmetic Dentistry enables patients to improve the appearance of their similes. The growing prevalence of dental diseases is boosting the demand for Cosmetic Dentistry.
4. Aggressive Marketing & Advertising by Clinics: Doctors advertise the benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry by advertising on social media & television. They also distribute pamphlets and put-up banners to get their work known among the population.
5. Changing Lifestyle: Cosmetic Dentistry is in higher demand as the population is focused on appearing attractive. This has led to increasing cosmetic dental procedures, especially in developed nations.
6. Growing elderly population: Elderly population is more susceptible to various diseases, including dental diseases such as losing teeth and gum diseases, among others.
7. Growing Disposable Income Creating an Opportunity for Cosmetic Dentistry: As disposable income increases, the population can increase their spending for aesthetic purposes, including dental aesthetics such as teeth whitening and alignment and contouring.
The global Cosmetic Dentistry market can be categorized on the following: Product Types, End Users, Age Groups, and Regions. Based on Product Types, the market can be categorized into Dental Systems & Equipment, Dental Implants, Dental Bridges, Dental Veneers, Dental Crowns, Orthodontic Braces, and Inlays & Onlays. Additionally, based on the End Users, the market can be further segmented into Dental Hospitals & Clinics, Dental Laboratories, and Other End Users. In addition, based on Age Groups, the market can be fragmented across Children and Adults. Likewise, the market is segmented based on Region: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Products
Dental Systems & Equipment to Witness Largest Market Share Owing to Growing Technological Advancements
The dental systems & equipment segment is held the largest market share and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Major factors contributing to the growth of this segment include the growing innovation of devices such that they provide higher accuracy while performing a dental procedure. Additionally, increasing investments in developing and launching advanced products such as dental CAD/CAM systems, dental radiology equipment, and dental lasers are anticipated to aid the market growth during the projected period. The orthodontic braces segment is anticipated to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period owing to increasing initiatives to create awareness regarding dental health and increasing expenditure among patients for dental aesthetics.
Based on End Users
Dental Hospitals and Clinics to Dominate Market Owing to Growing Adoption of Advanced Devices
Dental hospitals and clinics held the largest market share in 2021-22 and are expected to dominate even during the forecast period. Increasing incidences of dental diseases have led to increased patient visits to hospitals & dental clinics. Moreover, the growing number of hospitals & dental clinics as the population grows are also aiding the Cosmetic Dentistry market growth. Furthermore, adopting advanced technologies that aid in conducting more accurate procedures in dental hospitals and clinics propels market growth. Dental laboratories are expected to grow the fastest during the projected period due to the growing number of dental laboratories, especially in developing countries.
Based on Age Groups
Adults Segment to Occupy Largest Market Share as the Prevalence of Dental Diseases is Higher among Adults
The adult segment is expected to occupy the largest market share and is anticipated to grow at the fastest CAGR in the Cosmetic Dentistry market during the projected period. The incidences of dental carries, tooth decay, gum diseases, and dental cracks are highly common among adults. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it has been estimated that nearly 19% of the adult population globally is affected by severe periodontal diseases. Moreover, tooth decay is a common dental disease among adults it is anticipated to drive segmental growth.
Based on Region
North America Held the Largest Share of the Cosmetic Dentistry Market Owing to an Increasing Population Opting for Dental Aesthetics
North America held the largest market share in terms of revenue during the forecast period. Increasing growth in the Cosmetic Dentistry market can be further attributed to a higher prevalence of dental diseases such as periodontal disease, tooth decay, gum diseases, and dental cavities among the population, especially in the U.S. For instance, according to the statistics published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1 in every 4 (~90%) adults aged 20 to 64 have at least one cavity. Moreover, well-built healthcare infrastructure, the availability of certified professionals, the adoption of technologically advanced devices in dental hospitals, and the launch of new FDA products are fuelling market growth in this region. Rising disposable income is also aiding the market as patients are more inclined towards aesthetic appearance.
The Asia Pacific will grow with the fastest-growing CAGR during the forecast period. The factor expected to contribute to the market growth in this region includes government initiatives, rising awareness regarding dental health, and the growing prevalence of dental diseases among children and adults in this region. Moreover, a growing number of dental hospitals in countries such as China, India, and Japan are also expected to boost the Cosmetic Dentistry market growth during the projected period. Additionally, growing healthcare expenditure and rising adoption of aesthetic dental procedures in this region are anticipated to propel market growth in the coming years.
Prominent players in the market are launching several advanced products in the market. They are also adopting strategies such as agreements, partnerships, and collaborations. Through these strategies, companies focus on expanding their market reach. New start-up companies are also emerging by raising funds that help them develop and launch new products. Players in the market are also expanding their product development by opening new state-of-art sites.
The key players in the global Cosmetic Dentistry market are 3M Company (U.S.), Align Technology Inc. (U.S.), DENTSPLY Sirona (U.S.), Envista Holdings (U.S.), Henry Schein (U.S.), Kuraray Co. Ltd. (Japan), Planmeca Group (Finland), Roland DG (Japan), Straumann Holdings AG (Germany), Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. (U.S.).
Recent Market Developments
· March 2019: Align Technology, Inc, agreed with Benco Dental to distribute iTero Element Intraoral Scanners. These scanners help dentists to perform a wide range of orthodontic and restorative procedures with higher visualization capabilities and precision.
· June 2021: Zenyum, a dental start-up, raised USD 40 million in series B funding from existing investors, including Sequoia Capital India, Partech, and RTP Global, among others. The company plans on using these funds to deliver dental cosmetics to patients.
· January 2021: Nobel Biocare announced the launch of Xeal and TiUltra surfaces in the U.S. These surfaces could be applied to implants and abutments that help optimize tissue integration.
· June 2022: ZimVieInc launched T3 PRO Tapered Implant and Encode Emergence Healing Abutment, which was already given FDA approval in the United States. This new product is an addition to dental implants and builds.
Segmentation of the Global Cosmetic Dentistry Market
- Product Types (Dental Systems & Equipment, Dental Implants, Dental Bridges, Dental Veneers, Dental Crowns, Orthodontic Braces, Inlays & Onlays)
- End Users (Dental Hospitals & Clinics, Dental Laboratories, Other End Users)
- Age Groups (Children, Adults)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- 3M Company (U.S.)
- Align Technology Inc. (U.S.)
- DENTSPLY Sirona (U.S.)
- Envista Holdings (U.S.)
- Henry Schein (U.S.)
- Kuraray Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Planmeca Group (Finland)
- Roland DG (Japan)
- Straumann Holdings AG (Germany)
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. (U.S.)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options