The global Cleaning Chemicals In Healthcare Market is valued at USD 26.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 35.3 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 4.2% between 2023 and 2030.
The healthcare industry has always been a crucial sector that demands the utmost attention regarding cleanliness and hygiene. The growing need to maintain a sanitized environment and the increasing awareness regarding infection control strategies has increased the demand for cleaning chemicals in the healthcare sector. Cleaning chemicals are vital in eliminating harmful bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms that could threaten human health. Cleaning chemicals are crucial in maintaining hygiene and cleanliness in the healthcare industry. While various sectors use cleaning chemicals, the healthcare industry has unique requirements that demand specialized cleaning chemicals.
Cleaning Chemicals In Healthcare Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The global cleaning chemicals in the healthcare market are poised for substantial growth, driven by increasing concerns around hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) and rising incidences of infectious diseases. The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has further accelerated the demand for cleaning chemicals in healthcare facilities. Moreover, the global cleaning chemicals in the healthcare market are primarily driven by increasing investment in research & development activities to develop new and innovative products and growing awareness of the importance of hygiene and cleanliness in healthcare facilities.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has posed a significant impact on the global cleaning chemicals in the healthcare market. Hospitals and healthcare facilities have been under immense pressure to maintain high cleanliness and disinfection standards to prevent the spreading the virus. This has led to a sharp increase in the demand for cleaning chemicals, disinfectants, and sanitizers. Furthermore, the manufacturers of these cleaning chemicals also faced challenges due to disruptions in the supply chain, leading to a shortage of raw materials, transportation delays, and increased prices. This scenario created significant opportunities for local manufacturers to gain market share. The emphasis on maintaining a clean and safe environment has also increased demand for green and sustainable cleaning products. This trend is expected to continue post-pandemic, leading to a shift towards eco-friendly cleaning chemicals.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
The Russo-Ukrainian conflict has slightly impacted the cleaning chemicals in the healthcare market. Due to the conflict affecting the supply chain of various raw materials used in the manufacturing of cleaning chemicals, prices have slightly increased. However, the demand for cleaning chemicals in healthcare facilities remains high, as hygiene and cleanliness are paramount in such settings. Overall, the impact of the conflict on the market has been relatively minor.
Top Market Trends
1. Increasing demand for green cleaning products: The trend towards environmentally friendly cleaning products is growing in the healthcare industry. This is due to the need to reduce the amount of harmful chemicals used in cleaning and minimize environmental impact.
2. Growing demand for disinfectants and sanitizers: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there is an increasing demand for disinfectants and sanitizers to maintain cleanliness and hygiene in healthcare facilities.
3. Increasing adoption of automation in cleaning processes: Healthcare facilities are increasingly adopting automated cleaning equipment and processes to improve efficiency, reduce labor costs, and enhance hygiene standards.
4. Rising demand for specialized cleaning products: With the increasing demand for specialized healthcare services, there is a growing need for specialized cleaning products & services that cater to the special needs of different healthcare facilities.
5. Increasing prevalence of infectious diseases: Most infectious diseases are rising globally, leading to an increased need for effective cleaning and disinfection products in healthcare facilities.
6. Growing awareness of the importance of infection control: Healthcare facilities are becoming more aware of the importance of infection control, leading to increased investment in cleaning and disinfection products and services.
7. Increasing focus on training and education: There is a growing emphasis on training and education for healthcare facility staff to ensure proper use and handling of cleaning chemicals and equipment and adherence to safety protocols.
The global Cleaning Chemicals In Healthcare market can be categorized on the following: Product Type, Form, End User, and Region. Based on Product Type, the market can be categorized into Disinfectants, Detergents, Sanitizers, Floor Care Products, Bathroom Cleaners, Laundry Care Products, and Other Types. Furthermore, based on Form, the market can be segregated into Liquid, Powder, and Granules. In addition, based on End-User, the market can be further segmented into Hospitals, Clinics, Nursing Homes, Pharmaceutical & Drug Stores, Medical Laboratory, and Other End Users. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product Type
Disinfectants to Accommodate Maximum Market Share
Disinfectants currently hold the largest market share due to their ability to kill viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms on surfaces and prevent spreading infections. This segment is projected to maintain its dominance in the forecast period due to the rise in the use of disinfectants to combat the COVID-19 spread.
Based on Form
Liquid Segment to Dominate the Market
Liquids dominate the Form segment in the Global Cleaning Chemicals in Healthcare Market. This is due to the ease of use, better coverage, and quick evaporation. Liquid cleaning chemicals are ideal for hospitals and healthcare facilities as they are easily measurable, can be diluted to the required strength, and can be applied easily with a spray, cloth, or mop. This segment includes disinfectants, sanitizers, floor cleaners, and general cleaning chemicals. The demand for liquid cleaning chemicals in healthcare is expected to continue growing. However, powdered and granular forms are also prevalent, especially in industrial-scale cleaning. The choice of the form depends on the type of surface being cleaned, the level of contamination, and the cleaning method employed, making it crucial for manufacturers to offer multiple form options.
Based on the End User
Hospitals to Have Major Market Share
Hospitals hold the largest market share due to the high prevalence of HAIs and the many patients admitted to hospitals. The dental facilities segment will likely grow at the highest growth rate over the forecast period due to the increasing demand for dental services and the increased awareness regarding the importance of hygiene practices in the dental industry.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific to Expected to Lead Global Sales
The Asia Pacific Cleaning Chemicals in the Healthcare market is anticipated to grow significantly over the analysis period due to the increasing demand for cleanliness and hygiene in the healthcare sector. The market's growth is primarily attributed to the region's rising prevalence of infectious diseases and hospital-acquired infections. The availability of government initiatives, increasing healthcare spending, and growing awareness about the importance of maintaining cleanliness in healthcare facilities have also contributed to the market's growth. Moreover, the rising demand for eco-friendly and non-toxic cleaning chemicals in healthcare facilities is expected to fuel market growth further. The mounting number of hospitals and healthcare facilities in the region, coupled with the rising demand for cleanliness and hygiene, is expected to boost the demand for cleaning chemicals in the healthcare sector. Due to their rising population and increasing healthcare expenditure, China and India are expected to be the fastest-growing markets in the Asia Pacific region.
North American cleaning chemicals in healthcare are likely to witness market growth owing to the increasing focus on maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of healthcare facilities to prevent the spread of infections and ensure patient safety. The rise in healthcare facilities, including hospitals, clinics, and diagnostic centers, is also driving the market growth. Additionally, the high prevalence of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) is leading to adoption of advanced cleaning chemicals to sanitize healthcare facilities and medical equipment. Moreover, the rising awareness of the importance of proper disinfection and cleaning in the healthcare sector is boosting the demand for cleaning chemicals in the region.
The cleaning chemicals used in the healthcare industry are highly regulated and require specialized knowledge and expertise. The competitive landscape in the market for cleaning chemicals in healthcare is highly fragmented, with numerous small and medium-sized players and a few significant players dominating the market. The competition is fierce as players vie to offer innovative products that comply with stringent regulations and meet the varying needs of healthcare facilities. The players in this market focus on expanding their product portfolios, improving their manufacturing processes, and offering customized solutions to their clients. They are also investing in research & development activities to cater to the evolving needs of healthcare facilities.
The market for cleaning chemicals in healthcare is witnessing a shift towards more eco-friendly and safer products, in line with the increased focus on sustainability. The players in the market are responding to this trend by offering cleaning chemicals compliant with Green Seal and other certification standards. Additionally, partnerships and collaborations are becoming common in the market as manufacturers partner with healthcare facility operators to develop tailored solutions. Overall, the competitive landscape of cleaning chemicals in healthcare is set to witness further growth and innovation in the coming years.
The key players in the global Cleaning Chemicals In Healthcare market include - 3M, Reckitt Benckiser, BASF, AkzoNobel, DowDupont, Huntsman, Ecolab, Magnum Research Corp, Fuller Industries, Caroll Company, Spartan Chemical, Marketing Chemicals among others.
Recent Market Developments
- April 2022: For the industries of detergents, cleansers, and industrial formulators, BASF expands its EcoBalanced line. In the future, BASF's customers in the detergent and cleaning products sector and many other technological applications will be able to formulate their products even more sustainably. The enhanced EcoBalanced portfolio from BASF Home Care, I&I, and Industrial Formulators is intended to assist customers in Europe in developing solutions that set them apart in the market while satisfying consumer demand for environmentally friendly products.
- August 2021: Tasman Chemicals will be acquired by Diversey Holdings, Ltd., a major supplier of cleaning, hygiene, and infection control products. With more than 55 years of market experience, Tasman is an Australian company that produces commercial cleaning and hygiene products for the institutional and food and beverage industries.
Segmentation of the Global Cleaning Chemicals In Healthcare Market
- Form (Granules, Powder, Liquid, Other Forms)
- End-User (Hospitals & Clinics, Medical Nursing Homes, Medical Laboratory, Pharmaceutical & Drug Stores, Other End-Users)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Magnum Research Corp
- Fuller Industries
- Caroll Company
- Spartan Chemical
- Marketing Chemicals
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options