The global Brain Computer Interface Market is valued at USD 1.9 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 7.2 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 18.2% between 2023 and 2030.
A Brain Computer Interface, also known as a neural-control interface (NCI), mind-machine interface (MMI), direct neural interface (DNI), or brain-machine interface (BMI), and brain-machine interface, is an interactive platform or direct communication pathway between the brain and an external device. Brain imaging methods such as Magnetoencephalography (MEG), Electrocorticography (ECOG), functional Magnetic Resonance (fMRI), and Electroencephalography (EEG) are integrated with brain-machine interface systems to collect electrical signals sent by the human brain. Furthermore, because of the growing senior population, Brain Computer Interface is utilized to treat a variety of age-related illnesses, including mobility impairments. Brain Computer Interface is finding widespread use in the diagnostics business. As a result, it is utilized to prevent. In many post-accident situations, Brain Computer Interface becomes a crucial tool in rehabilitation and restoration.
Brain Computer Interface Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The increasing frequency of neuroprosthetic diseases, the growing global elderly population base, and rapid technology breakthroughs improving communication and mobility in paralytic patients are key drivers of the Brain Computer Interface industry.
- The Medical segment will continue to assert its dominance capturing the largest market share globally throughout the forecast period 2023 to 2030.
- In 2022, North America had the highest revenue share of 39.1% with a market revenue of 0.7429 USD Million.
- The Asia Pacific region is having tremendous CAGR growth between 2023 and 2030.
Top Market Trends
- The government supports and increases investment in improving developments in the Brain Computer Interface by increasing infrastructure development and more research and development for the benefit of the people in treating the disorder with improved efficiency and imposed government policies such as reimbursement help to expand the market of Brain Computer Interface to a greater extent during the forecast period.
- Computational sensors convert signals from the physical world into data. Furthermore, it modifies the data to remove irrelevant information and identify vital attributes. Prior to the data entering the processor, this is often done in parallel and in real-time. Computational sensors can be utilized for a wide range of sensing applications, including optical, auditory, chemical, mechanical, and magnetic.
- Another factor that is expected to drive market growth is increasing research into remedies for fatal circumstances such as brain injuries and diseases, sleep disorders, and cerebrovascular diseases.
- An increasing number of gaming sectors are using Brain Computer Interface technology to make video games more engaging and interesting. Such Brain Computer Interface technologies improve commercial businesses' ability to generate revenue as well as the overall gaming experience of the user. The factors above are expected to push market expansion throughout the forecast period at a lucrative pace in the sector.
- Furthermore, clinical trials, research facilities, and governmental organizations have extended their support in the form of investments, money, and grants, sparking research efforts to increase the use of Brain Computer Interface.
- The rise in neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's, epilepsy, and Alzheimer's is predicted to drive up demand for Brain Computer Interface. Its goal is to aid paralyzed persons in controlling assistive gadgets with their thoughts. The bulky nature of Brain Computer Interface may cause the user mental and physical stress.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Brain Computer Interface development entails substantial research, clinical testing, and technological innovation. These efforts might be exceedingly costly, restricting the number of organizations willing and able to invest in this industry. Brain Computer Interface are designated as medical equipment and are subject to severe regulatory criteria for safety and efficacy. Meeting these regulations can be costly and time-consuming, potentially delaying market access. Brain Computer Interface frequently have substantial initial costs, rendering them inaccessible to many potential users, particularly in regions with limited healthcare budgets or for persons without adequate insurance coverage. In some healthcare systems, insurance providers may refuse to fund Brain Computer Interface devices or provide restricted coverage, discouraging consumers from exploring this technology.
The Global Brain Computer Interface Market is segregated into the below-mentioned segments as:
The global Brain Computer Interface market can be categorized into Product, Application, End Use, Region. The Brain Computer Interface market can be categorized into Invasive BCI, Partially Invasive BCI, Non-invasive BCI based on Product. The Brain Computer Interface market can be categorized into Healthcare, Disabilities Restoration, Brain Function Repair, Smart Home Control, Communication & Control, Entertainment & Gaming based on Application. The Brain Computer Interface market can be categorized into Medical, Military, Other End Uses based on End Use. The Brain Computer Interface market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product Type
Non-invasive Brain Computer Interface to Lead Maximum Market Share due to its less intrusive approach
In 2022, the Non-invasive Brain Computer Interface segment is poised to dominate the global market for Brain Computer Interface. This strategy is regarded as the safest due to its less intrusive approach, which is stimulating the segment's expansion. In addition, various research projects are now underway in this field. Because of the high application of this technology to devices such as headphones, amplifiers, and gaming sticks, this technology contributes to significant revenue generation. This technology is regarded as the safest because the approach is less intrusive, which supports segment expansion. Furthermore, various research projects are underway in this field. For example, in June 2019, Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Minnesota collaborated to create the first-ever mind-controlled robotic arm employing Brain Computer Interface technology that can track and follow a computer cursor. This type of product is expected to promote market growth in the near future.
Based on Application
The Healthcare segment is Expected to Dominate the Growing Demand for neurological Illness
In 2022, the Healthcare segment will dominate the Brain Computer Interface market. This market is quickly expanding because of the great capability of Brain Computer Interface technology for neurological illnesses. Brain Computer Interface implementation and real-time EEG data processing are feasible and appropriate for most common clinical applications. Often, the performance is comparable to highly qualified human readers, with the added benefit of consistently and ceaselessly producing results in real time. Brain Computer Interface may help people who are severely impaired by disorders.Brain Computer Interface is mostly employed in neuromuscular rehabilitation since it replaces neuromuscular pathways because of its wide range of applications in the treatment of sleep problems, neurological ailments, paralyzed patients, and neuroscience research. Furthermore, technical advancements and an expanding number of activities by key industry participants are fuelling segment expansion.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific to Witness Fastest Global Owing to High Demand for Sustainable and Eco-friendly Solutions Across Various Industries
The Asia Pacific region emerged as the fastest growing region in the Brain Computer Interface market. With an increased focus on sustainability and a shift towards bio-based alternatives, the region witnessed significant growth in renewable chemical production and consumption. Moreover, the presence of key market players, the availability of raw materials, and favorable government policies have contributed to the region's dominance in the Brain Computer Interface market. The continuous efforts towards innovation and technological advancements in Brain Computer Interface have also boosted market growth in the Asia Pacific region.
The Brain Computer Interface industry in North America Dominated the market in 2022. The region is witnessing a growing demand for biofuels, bioplastics, and biochemicals as alternatives to conventional petroleum-based products. Factors such as government support, significant investments in research and development, and favorable regulatory frameworks are driving the market's growth.
The global Keyword market is highly competitive, with several important competitors in the industry. Some of the biggest names on the market are Natus Medical Inc. (U.S.), G.TEC Medical Engineering GmbH (Austria), Medtronic PLC (Ireland), Compumedics Neuroscan (Australia), and Brain Products GmbH (Germany). These businesses are concentrating their efforts on research and development in order to create unique and long-lasting products. Strategic alliances, mergers, and acquisitions are also common in the industry as companies seek to extend their product offerings and market presence.
The key players in the global Brain Computer Interface market include - Natus Medical Inc. (U.S.), G.TEC Medical Engineering GmbH (Austria), Medtronic PLC (Ireland), Compumedics Neuroscan (Australia), Brain Products GmbH (Germany), Integra Lifesciences Corporation (U.S.), Advanced Brain Monitoring Inc. (U.S.), EMOTIV (U.S.), NeuroSky (U.S.), Interaxon Inc. (Canada), ANT Neuro (Netherlands), Neuroelectrics (Spain), Ripple Neuro (U.S.), NIRx Medical Technologies LLC (U.S.), Open BCI (U.S.), CGX (Canada) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- In August 2022, this is the first time in the country that a Brain Computer Interface (Brain Computer Interface) has been employed in clinical trials on human patients. One might expect that the much-discussed Neuralink would be the source of this innovation. Synchron, a lesser-known leader in brain interface technology, receives praise for its Stentrode product.
- In August 2022, the goal of a research partnership led by the UMC Utrecht Brain Center (the Netherlands) is to develop a specific, fully implanted Brain Computer Interface (Brain Computer Interface) device for patients with locked-in syndrome (LIS), a disease in which paralysis severely limits communication.
- In February 2023, employees at Synchron, a brain interface business in Brooklyn with 3D printers and a makeshift pickleball court, are working on technology that will improve daily living for people with paralysis.
Segmentation of the Global Brain Computer Interface Market
- Invasive BCI
- Partially Invasive BCI
- Non-invasive BCI
- Disabilities Restoration
- Brain Function Repair
- Smart Home Control
- Communication & Control
- Entertainment & Gaming
By End Use
- Other End Uses
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Natus Medical Inc. (U.S.)
- G.TEC Medical Engineering GmbH (Austria)
- Medtronic PLC (Ireland)
- Compumedics Neuroscan (Australia)
- Brain Products GmbH (Germany)
- Integra Lifesciences Corporation (U.S.)
- Advanced Brain Monitoring Inc. (U.S.)
- EMOTIV (U.S.)
- NeuroSky (U.S.)
- Interaxon Inc. (Canada)
- ANT Neuro (Netherlands)
- Neuroelectrics (Spain)
- Ripple Neuro (U.S.)
- NIRx Medical Technologies LLC (U.S.)
- Open BCI (U.S.)
- CGX (Canada)
|Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
|Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options