The Global Biological Safety Cabinet Market was valued USD 189.55 Million in 2022 and is anticipated to reach a value of USD 343.13 Million by 2030. The Global Market is forecasted to grow to exhibit a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 7.70% over the forecast period.
The Biological Safety Cabinet is a key piece of equipment in any laboratory where work with dangerous pathogens is being conducted. The market for these cabinets is driven by the need for safety in the lab, as well as the increasing sophistication of research being conducted with dangerous pathogens. Biological Safety Cabinets are one of the most important pieces of equipment used in laboratories and research facilities handling hazardous materials. The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is driving the market for these cabinets due to the increasing demand for new and innovative medications. The surge in demand is mostly driven by the necessity to protect personnel who handle dangerous chemicals. Biological Safety Cabinets provide a physical barrier between the user and the material being handled, reducing exposure to dangerous chemicals and microorganisms. In addition to providing increased safety for workers, Biological Safety Cabinets also help to maintain sterile conditions in laboratories. This is essential for ensuring that experiments are not contaminated by outside sources. The market for Biological Safety Cabinets is expected to continue to grow as the pharmaceutical and biotech industry continues to innovate and develop new drugs. This will require ever-more sophisticated methods of handling dangerous materials, making these cabinets an essential piece of equipment for any laboratory or research facility.
With the increasing focus on developing new drugs and therapies, there is a growing demand for better quality and more sophisticated research tools and equipment. Biological Safety Cabinets play an important role in ensuring the safety of scientists and technicians who work with potentially harmful biological materials. Another driver of market growth is the stringent regulations regarding occupational health and safety in laboratories. In order to protect workers from exposure to hazardous substances, many countries have introduced regulations that require the use of proper containment equipment such as Biological Safety Cabinets. The increased awareness of the need of minimising cross-contamination in laboratories is the third-factor driving market expansion. As the number of infectious disease outbreaks rises, there is a higher need for efficient containment methods to limit disease spread.Biological Safety Cabinets provide an excellent solution for preventing cross-contamination as they create a barrier between the user and the potentially contaminated material. The fourth driver of market growth is the advancement in technology, which has led to the development of more sophisticated and user-friendly products. The latest generation of Biological Safety Cabinets come with features such as HEPA filters, UV sterilization, and automatic doors, which make them even more effective at preventing contamination.
Biological Safety Cabinet Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
The requirement for higher safety standards in clinical trials is a significant contributor to this growth. As the number of clinical trials undertaken rises, there is a rising need for dependable and safe devices that can protect trial participants from exposure to hazardous substances. Biological Safety Cabinets provide an ideal solution for this purpose as they offer a high level of protection against airborne contaminants. Another driver for market growth is the increasing trend of outsourcing clinical trials to contract research organizations (CROs). This is because CROs have expertise in conducting clinical trials and are able to provide specialized services such as data management, regulatory affairs, and quality assurance.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Furthermore, they often have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, which can help reduce costs and timelines associated with clinical trials. The rising incidence of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) is another factor that is driving the growth of the Biological Safety Cabinet Market. HAIs are responsible for a significant number of deaths each year, and they can often be prevented with proper infection control measures. Biological Safety Cabinets can play an important role in preventing HAIs by providing a safe environment for handling potentially infectious materials. Finally, the increasing focus on environmental sustainability is also contributing to the growth of the Biological Safety Cabinet Market. Biological Safety Cabinets help to reduce environmental contamination by providing a controlled environment for hazardous materials. In addition, they can also help to save energy by reducing air exchanges between rooms or areas within a facility.
Biological Safety Cabinets are key equipment used in many laboratories for handling hazardous materials. However, Biological Safety Cabinets have several key restraints that limit their use. One of the major restraints of the Biological Safety Cabinet Market is the high cost of these units. Biological Safety Cabinets can range in price from a few thousand dollars to over ten thousand dollars, making them a significant investment for many laboratories. Another restraint is the limited space these units occupy. Biological Safety Cabinets are large and bulky, taking up a significant amount of space in already cramped laboratories. Another challenge facing the Biological Safety Cabinet Market is ensuring proper ventilation. These units must be properly vented to avoid cross-contamination between the user and the specimen. Many laboratories do not have adequate ventilation systems to support Biological Safety Cabinets, making them impractical for many users. Despite these challenges, the global demand for Biological Safety Cabinets is expected to grow in coming years as more laboratories adopt these units to protect workers from exposure to dangerous pathogens.
Top Market Trends
● The need for energy efficiency: When it comes to the top trends in the Biological Safety Cabinet Market, energy efficiency is definitely at the top of the list. Thanks to advancing technologies, manufacturers are now able to produce cabinets that use less energy while still providing adequate protection for users.
● The rise of digitalization: This means that more and more cabinets are being equipped with digital displays and controls, which make them easier to use and monitor.
● The growing popularity of compact models: As space becomes increasingly limited in laboratories, many users are opting for smaller cabinets that still offer all the necessary features and protections.
● The increasing demand for energy-efficient and sustainable products: This is due to the growing awareness of the environmental impact of laboratory operations and the need to reduce operating costs. As a result, manufacturers are introducing new products that are designed to be more energy efficient and have a smaller environmental footprint.
● The growing popularity of ergonomic designs: Ergonomic cabinets provide a more comfortable working environment for lab technicians and can help to improve work efficiency. In addition, these cabinets can also help to reduce the risk of injuries by reducing the amount of time that technicians spend bending and reaching for supplies.
● The increasing use of HEPA filters: These filters are designed to remove contaminants from the air, making them ideal for use in laboratories and other sterile environments. Manufacturers are offering HEPA-filtered cabinets that meet or exceed industry standards for cleanliness and sterility.
The market is segmented based on Product Types, End-Users, and Region. Based on Product Types, the market is segmented into Class I, Class II, and Class III. In addition, based on the End-Users, the market is segmented into Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies, Diagnostic & Testing Laboratories, and Academic Research Institutes. Likewise, based on Region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Types
Among the different types of Biological Safety Cabinets, the Class II segment held a dominant position in the market and this trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. The growth of this segment is attributed to the increased adoption of these cabinets in various applications such as the pharmaceutical industry, laboratories, and hospitals. Moreover, rising awareness regarding safety measures in workplaces is another major factor driving the demand for Class II Biological Safety Cabinets. The Class III segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. This is due to the increasing amount of research and development activities undertaken in sophisticated laboratories with strict containment requirements. In addition, a growing number of pharmaceutical and biotech businesses contribute to the expansion of this market segment.
A Class II Biological Safety Cabinet is a type of enclosed workstation that is used to protect personnel, the environment, and samples from exposure to hazardous materials. Class II cabinets offer two levels of protection: primary containment of hazardous items by filtering of exhaust air and secondary containment in the case of a power outage or other malfunction that could allow unfiltered air to enter the work area. Class II cabinets are available with open front or full-view windows, hinged doors, pass-through trays, and internal shelves, among other configurations. A few of versions additionally have UVGI for decontamination, HEPA-filtered make-up air systems, and automatic door locks. Class II cabinets are often utilized in healthcare facilities for operations involving infectious agents or poisonous chemicals, in pharmaceutical and biotech research laboratories, and in environments where exposure to radionuclides or radioactive isotopes is possible.
Based on End-Users
Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical companies are the predominant users of Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs), accounting for over 60% of the global market in 2021. This is mostly due to the strict laws governing the handling of hazardous products in these industries. In addition, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical businesses have enormous research and development budgets, allowing them to invest in cutting-edge technologies, such as BSCs. In pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical organizations, BSCs are utilized for a variety of purposes, most frequently for cell culture, microbiology, and pharmaceutical manufacture. Cell culture is the process by which cells are cultivated under controlled conditions, typically for the production of new drugs or the research of their effects. Microbiology is the study of creatures, such as viruses and bacteria, that are too small to be seen with the naked eye. Using a number of techniques, pharmaceutical manufacturing involves the creation of pharmaceuticals from raw materials. In all of these applications, BSCs are indispensable because they offer a sterile working environment and protect both the workers and the items being handled from contamination. In addition, BSCs permit the handling of sensitive materials without exposing them to other compounds that could potentially contaminate them.
Based on Region
North America led the Biological Safety Cabinet Market in 2021 with a share of 37.4%. The rise in the number of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, along with the increasing awareness about biosafety among researchers, is driving the growth of the market in this region. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market for Biological Safety Cabinets during the forecast period. The increasing demand for these cabinets from the food and beverage industry is driving the growth of the market in this region. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period. The factors such as rising research and development activities in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, and increasing government support for biosafety research are expected to drive market growth in this region.
The key players in the Global Biological Safety Cabinet Market include- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), Labconco Corporation (US), NuAire Inc. (US), The Baker Company Inc. (US), Azbil Telstar (Spain), Jinan Biobase Biotech Co. Ltd. (China), Germfree Laboratories Inc. (US), Air Science Inc. (US), Haier Biomedical (UK), Cruma S.A. (Spain) and others.
Recent Market Developments
● The year 2019 saw the launch of a new line of BiOptima Class II safety cabinets by Azbil Telstar. These cabinets are equipped with cutting-edge operating systems for the safe handling of cytotoxic materials, as well as extremely effective HEPA filters that are both energy-efficient and user-friendly.
● An access-limited lab that is capable of analyzing samples containing coronavirus, as well as samples containing other viruses, was established by QPA, a contract research organization (CRO), in March 2020. This lab will be used for the conduct of preclinical and clinical trials. After the extension, the company now has an additional 1,000 square feet of space along with other accessories like numerous biosafety cabinets, freezers, casework, and other similar items. The company currently possesses 30,000 square feet of laboratory space which is classified as Biosafety Level 2.
● The Purifier Axiom Biosafety Cabinet was released by Labconco in the month of May 2021. The MyLogic OS operating system for the Axiom biosafety cabinets has been modernized, and the cabinets' famed safety features, such as the Active Protection Protocol (APP) for both the Axiom and the Omni-Flex, have also been improved.
● Thermo Scientific 1300 Series Class II, Type A2 Biological Safety Cabinet Packages were introduced by Thermofisher Scientific in April of 2021. The package consists of a cabinet, a stand with a manually adjustable height, a UV light that was installed in the factory, and one set of armrests.
Segmentation of the Global Biological Safety Cabinet Market
By Product Types
- Class I
- Class II
- Class III
By End Users
- Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Diagnostic & Testing Laboratories
- Academic Research Institutes
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US)
- Labconco Corporation (US)
- NuAire Inc. (US)
- The Baker Company Inc. (US)
- Azbil Telstar (Spain)
- Jinan Biobase Biotech Co. Ltd. (China)
- Germfree Laboratories Inc. (US)
- Air Science Inc. (US)
- Haier Biomedical (UK)
- Cruma S.A. (Spain)
|Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
|Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options