Global Amphibious Excavator Market is valued at USD 5.51 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 11.98 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 10.20% over the forecast period.
The construction and mining industries need more Amphibious Excavators, which is the main thing driving the growth of the Amphibious Excavators market. Also, government programs to build infrastructure like seaports, airports, and bridges in economies that are still growing help the market grow. For instance, in Japan, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism has launched several projects aimed at improving public transportation systems across different regions of the country. Between 2022 and 2027, the private sector will put $6 billion into transportation systems as part of these projects. Additionally, many new rail lines have been commissioned or are under construction across Japan, aiming to reduce congestion on existing routes. This will subsequently propel the demand for Amphibious Excavators in China. The growth of the Amphibious Excavator Market is also helped by the fact that these machines are becoming more popular in developing countries. But the high price of these excavators keeps this market from growing as much as it could. Moreover, the need for efficient and cost-effective construction equipment is further anticipated to fuel the market growth during the forecast period. The construction industry is forecast to grow in the next decade, with an estimated value of $8.5 trillion by 2030. This growth will be driven by population expansion and economic development, especially in Asia and Africa. Rising demand for offshore oil and gas exploration, as well as other marine activities such as underwater construction and maintenance, is fuelling the demand for Amphibious Excavators.
Amphibious Excavator Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
The demand for infrastructure projects is expected to be strong, as countries look to improve their transportation, energy, water, and communication networks. Sales will be boosted in the coming years as the number of dredging projects in shallow water bodies around the world increases. The expansion of maritime trade, the building of new seaports, and the renovation of older seaports will all contribute to the expansion of the market. According to reports, governments around the world have been engaging in dredging activities to clean water reservoirs and improve water flow, resulting in a significant demand for Amphibious Excavators. Dredging will become more necessary as waterborne trade increases, especially in coastal areas with less depth. The construction industry's recent success has also been a major factor in the growth of the Amphibious Excavators' industry. The Amphibious Excavators market will grow as a result of the rising demand for heavy equipment to clear silted ditches and remove silt from swampy terrain. The Amphibious Excavator Market will find favorable conditions in the Asia Pacific region, particularly in countries like India and China, where residential and commercial development activity is on the rise. This market is dominated by two major players--John Deere (US) and Doosan Infracore (South Korea) with a combined share of over 50%. These companies are expected to benefit from the growing demand for Amphibious Excavators in various infrastructure and beachfront property development projects across the globe. The market for Amphibious Excavators is expected to grow as industrial production increases in the region.
Several factors are expected to drive the growth of the Amphibious Excavator Market in the coming years. First, the increasing demand for infrastructure projects is expected to lead to increased demand for excavators. Second, the rising cost of land is making it increasingly difficult for construction companies to find suitable sites for their projects. As a result, many companies are looking to build on marginal land near water bodies, which is where Amphibious Excavators can be particularly useful. Another factor that is contributing to the growth of this market is the increasing popularity of amphibious vehicles owing to their enhanced maneuverability and capabilities for carrying large loads in difficult terrains. This has led to an increase in the demand for Amphibious Excavators from various industrial sectors, such as construction, mining, water resources, infrastructure development, and others. Finally, the advent of new technologies such as electric drives and autonomous operation is expected to make Amphibious Excavators even more popular in the future. The Amphibious Excavator Market is expected to benefit from this growth in the construction industry. The rising environmental concerns and stringent government regulations regarding environmental protection are also fuelling the demand for Amphibious Excavators as they help in reducing environmental impact. The growing tourism industry is another major factor driving the growth of the market as these excavators are extensively used in beachfront development projects. The growth of the Amphibious Excavator Market is hindered by a lack of awareness and the high cost of ownership. There is little to no awareness of the benefits that these machines offer and how they can be used in a variety of applications. As a result, there is a small customer base for these products. In addition, Amphibious Excavators are expensive to purchase and maintain. This high cost limits the number of potential customers who can afford to invest in these products.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Impact on Healthcare Sector
The healthcare sector is one of the most important industries in the world, and it is clear that the market has a significant impact on it. In terms of employment, the healthcare sector is one of the largest employers in the United States, with over 18 million people working in the industry. The sector also plays a vital role in terms of economic output, with healthcare spending accounting for nearly 18% of GDP in 2016. The increasing demand for Amphibious Excavators is likely to have a positive impact on the healthcare sector. The main reason for this is that these machines are specifically designed to be used in water-based applications, such as dredging, desilting, and water treatment. In addition, Amphibious Excavators are also very versatile and can be used in a wide range of other industries, such as construction, mining, and even disaster relief. This versatility means that they are likely to have a positive impact on the healthcare sector by providing much-needed support during emergencies.
Top Market Trends
- The ability to work on both land and water: This is one of the biggest advantages that Amphibious Excavators have over traditional ones. They can be used for a variety of tasks, both on land and in water, which makes them very versatile.
- Increased productivity: Amphibious Excavators are known for their high levels of productivity. This means that they can get the job done faster, which can save time and money.
- Reduced environmental impact: Another big advantage of Amphibious Excavators is that they have a reduced environmental impact when compared to traditional excavators. This is because they use less fuel and create less pollution.
- Increasing demand from Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for Amphibious Excavators and is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is due to the increasing infrastructure development activities, especially in China and India.
- The growing popularity of rental services: There has been a growing trend of renting Amphibious Excavators instead of buying them outright. This is because these machines are expensive and not all construction firms can afford to purchase them. By renting these machines, construction companies can save on costs and still have access to this equipment when required.
- Development of new applications: Amphibious Excavators are being used for a variety of applications such as dredging, pile driving, earthmoving, and others. Manufacturers are continuously innovating and developing new applications for these machines to increase their utility and expand their customer base.
- Use of advanced technology: The use of advanced technologies such as GPS, remote control, and others is increasing in Amphibious Excavators. This helps operators to better control these machines and perform various tasks more efficiently.
The Global Amphibious Excavator Market is segmented based on Weight (Tons), Applications, and Region. Based on Weight (Tons), the market is classified into 5-10, 10-20, 20-30, and Above 30. Furthermore, based on the Applications, the Amphibious Excavator Market is segmented into Dredging & Deepening of River & Waterways, Oil & Gas Piping Installation, Highway Construction, Landscaping, and Other Applications. Region-wise, the Global Amphibious Excavator Market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Weight (Tons)
The market is dominated by manufacturers in the 20-30 ton weight group. The remaining weight groups are expected to account for a meager share of the overall market during the forecast period. The five weight groups are further segmented into two submarkets—suction bucket type and non-suction bucket type. The suction bucket type is dominant in the 5-10 ton weight group and is expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. The non-suction bucket type dominates in the other weight groups and is expected to grow at a lower CAGR. The 10-30 ton weight group is expected to grow at a slower rate than the other weight groups due to its high price point. This weight group is mainly used for digging up soft soils and medium-density soils. The 20-30 ton weight group is expected to grow at a higher rate than the other weight groups due to its widespread use in infrastructure projects such as road construction and urban development. The above 30-ton weight group is expected to grow at a slower rate than the other weight groups due to its high price point.
Based on Application
Dredging and deepening of rivers and waterways is a common method used to remove debris from the waterway. Oil & gas piping installation is a process used to install pipelines in difficult or hazardous environments. Highway construction is a necessary process used to build roads in difficult or hazardous environments. Landscaping is also a sector where these machines can be used to great effect.
Based on Region
North America dominates the market with a share of over 60%. This region is expected to witness the highest growth owing to the increasing demand for land reclamation and infrastructure construction, such as golf courses, highways, and airports. Europe is second in terms of market share, with a share of around 30%. This region is expected to see moderate growth due to the presence of major players in this market, such as Caterpillar Inc. (USA), Komatsu Ltd. (Japan), and Deere & Company (USA). Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand from China and India. Latin America is expected to be relatively slow-growing owing to the high dependence on the importation of machinery for this region. The Middle East & Africa is projected to witness significant growth owing to the growing infrastructure development in this region.
The key players in the Global Amphibious Excavator Market include- EIK International Corporation (US), Ultratrex Machinery SDN. BHD. (Malaysia), Wetland Equipment Company (US), TSBC Engineering SDN BHD (Malaysia), Doosan Infracore’s Construction Equipment (South Korea), Marsh Buggies Incorporated (US), Hitachi Construction Machinery Co. Ltd. (Japan), Gulf Coast Specialty Energy Services (US), Remu Oy (Finland), Waterking BV (Netherlands) and others.
- The most recent advancements in the Amphibious Excavator Market have been the introduction of more powerful and efficient machines. These new models can perform a variety of tasks, such as digging trenches, excavating foundations, and performing land-clearing operations. One such advancement is the development of new and improved models of Amphibious Excavators that are more efficient and offer greater productivity than their predecessors.
- Additionally, government initiatives such as the US Army Corps of Engineers' Construction Equipment Modernization Program (CEMP) are helping to drive the adoption of Amphibious Excavators in a wide range of applications.
- One of the largest players in the Amphibious Excavator Market is Caterpillar Inc. (CAT). The company has been focusing on developing products that can tackle challenging terrain and maritime operations.
- MHI believes that the AEV2000 will become an important tool in the Amphibious Excavator Market, as it offers significant advantages over traditional platforms such as speed, versatility, and reduced operating costs. With the launch of the AEV2000 in 2020, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. looks to continue leading the industry in terms of innovation and performance.
- ABB launched its first Amphibious Excavator with autonomous navigation in 2020. The company planned to use the machine in infrastructure projects, such as underwater cable installation or port construction.
Segmentation of the Global Amphibious Excavator Market
- Weight (Tons) (5 – 10, 10 – 20, 20 – 30, Above 30)
- Applications (Dredging & Deepening of River & Waterways, Oil & Gas Piping Installation, Highway Construction, Landscaping, Other Applications)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- EIK International Corporation (US)
- Ultratrex Machinery SDN. BHD. (Malaysia)
- Wetland Equipment Company (US)
- TSBC Engineering SDN BHD (Malaysia)
- Doosan Infracore’s Construction Equipment (South Korea)
- Marsh Buggies Incorporated (US)
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Gulf Coast Specialty Energy Services (US)
- Remu Oy (Finland)
- Waterking BV (Netherlands)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options