The global Air Quality Control Systems Market is valued at USD 114.5 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 170.6 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 5.1% between 2023 and 2030.
The market for is expanding rapidly, supported by a number of important factors. The demand for air quality control solutions has increased as a result of heightened consumer awareness of the damaging impacts of air pollution on both health and the environment. Also, in order to comply with strict emission rules, industries are required to invest in cutting-edge systems by governments all over the world. For instance, the air pollution emissions have dropped over the past 20 years, air pollution still poses a serious threat to the environment and public health, thus Europe still has a lot of work to do. According to a report, around 238,000 and 49,000 premature deaths were caused by exposure to fine particulate matter and increased nitrogen dioxide levels, respectively. These values exceeded World Health Organization recommendations. Asthma, heart disease, and strokes are all intimately linked to these contaminants as health problems.
Air Quality Control Systems Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Billion)
- The market is being driven by the government's efforts to reduce environmental pollution and the growing public worries about it. For instance, the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has put in place air pollution control regulations and guidelines that require the construction of air quality control systems in all sectors in order to reduce growing emissions.
- Asia Pacific generated more than 41.5% of revenue share in 2022
- North America is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030
- Ambient segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 54.2% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Gas segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 32.2% of the total revenue share in 2022
- Energy & Power segment accounts for largest revenue of 24.5% in 2022
- Air Pollution Control segment will dominate the market with market share of 33.2% in 2022
The has grown significantly. The expansion of market is ascribed to factors like increased environmental consciousness and the harmful impacts of air pollution, which have led governments all over the world to enact strict rules. The requirement for emissions management in manufacturing processes also contributed to the industrial sector holding close to 40% of the market share. For instance, the most strict air pollution control regulation for industrial uses are found in Europe, where companies are required to use high-quality AQCS. It is anticipated that the market for air quality control systems will continue to grow, presenting promising economic prospects while also enhancing public health and air quality. Technological improvements are boosting system efficiency and effectiveness.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Increasing awareness of the health risks of air pollution: Numerous health issues, such as cancer, heart disease, and respiratory conditions are all at high risk due to air pollution. People are demanding cleaner air as they become increasingly conscious of these concerns.
- Stringent government regulations: In an effort to safeguard public health, governments around the world are progressively regulating air quality. As a result, demand for air quality management systems is increasing.
- Growing adoption of renewable energy sources: Pollutant emissions from power plants are being reduced by the use of renewable energy sources like solar and wind power. These sources do, however, also generate pollutants that must be regulated, like particulate matter.
- Increasing urbanization: Air pollution is significantly influenced by urbanization. Pollutant levels in the air rise as more people move to urban areas. Due to this, there is an increased need for air quality monitoring in urban areas.
- Advances in technology: In recent years, tremendous progress has been made in the technology of air quality control systems. These developments have improved the effectiveness, affordability, and efficiency of air quality management systems.
The globel Air Quality Control Systems market can be categorized into Product Type, Pollutant Type , End use , Application , Region. The Market can be categorized into Indoor , Ambient based on Product Type. The Market can be categorized into Gas, VOC, Dust, Others based on Pollutant Type . The Market can be categorized into Powertrain Management, Energy & Power , Mining , Agriculture, Semiconductor , Medical & Pharma , Commercial & Residential, Transportation , Others based on End use . The Market can be categorized into Tunnels , Air Terminals, Underground Garages , Public transportation Stations, Air Pollution Control , Automobile , Others based on Application . The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific , Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product Type
Ambient holds the largest share
The market is expected to be dominated by the Ambient segment. These systems have a variety of uses in urban areas, including regulating emissions from factories and power plants, reducing vehicle emissions in the context of transportation systems, and monitoring emissions from construction activities at construction sites.
Based on Pollutant Type
Gas will dominate the market during Forecast Period
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the gas segment due to emissions from several sources, including automobiles, companies, power plants, and residential areas, which result in high atmospheric concentrations, gases comprise the most common type of air pollution. Furthermore, the serious health concerns associated with gas pollution, such as cancer, heart disease, and respiratory conditions, highlight the necessity of their regulation. Governments and businesses are drawn to the solutions that are becoming more readily available for managing gas pollution because they are both efficient and affordable.
Based on End-use
Energy & Power will account for largest market share
In terms of end-user, energy & power are anticipated to hold the greatest market share for due to the emissions of pollutants like sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and particulate matter. The demand for these systems is also being fueled by the growing demand for renewable energy sources like solar and wind power, which can also produce pollutants like particulate matter.
Based on Application
Air Pollution Control will dominate the market
In terms of application, air pollution control will dominate the market due to an increase in demand for air quality control systems that can improve air quality by the increased knowledge of the serious health hazards linked to air pollution, including cancer, heart issues, and respiratory illnesses. Air quality control systems that are compliance-oriented are more necessary as global rules' stringency grows in an effort to protect the public's health by enhancing air quality.
Based on Region
Asia Pacific will lead the market
North America is expected to dominate the market for due to more people migrate to cities as a result of the area's increasing urbanization, which has made it the most populated region in the world, air pollution levels are rising. In addition, as these countries rapidly industrialize, the expanding industrial sector—particularly in significant economies like China and India—contributes significantly to air pollution. In addition, the population of Asia Pacific is becoming more disposable income, which is causing a rise in the need for air quality control systems in both residential and commercial settings. Finally, the adoption of air quality management systems is being accelerated by ongoing technological advancements that are improving their effectiveness, affordability, and efficiency.
The global market is fragmented, including a diverse array of the presence of several key players, ranging from established players are engaged in a constant pursuit of innovation and technological advancements to offer more efficient and sustainable solutions. Collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions are common strategies employed to expand market presence and product portfolios. Moreover, the market is witnessing an increasing emphasis on the development of comprehensive, integrated air quality control systems that cater to a wide range of applications, from industrial facilities to residential sectors.
The players in the global market include Daikin Industries Ltd, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Ltd (MHPS), Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc., ELEX AG, Donaldson Company Inc., GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft, GE Power, MANN+HUMMEL Intern. GmbH & Co. KG, HAMON Group, Thermax Ltd. among others.
Recent Market Developments
- SNC-Lavalin received a multimillion dollar contract from Birla Carbon U.S.A., Inc. The Air Quality Control Upgrade Project at Birla Carbon's North Bend Plant, which is close to Centerville, Louisiana, is covered by this contract.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Product Type ( Indoor , Ambient)
- Pollutant Type (Gas, VOC, Dust, Others)
- End use (Powertrain Management, Energy & Power , Mining , Agriculture, Semiconductor , Medical & Pharma , Commercial & Residential, Transportation , Others )
- Application (Tunnels , Air Terminals, Underground Garages , Public transportation Stations, Air Pollution Control , Automobile , Others)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific , Latin America, Middle East & Africa )
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Daikin Industries Ltd
- Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Ltd (MHPS)
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc.
- ELEX AG
- Donaldson Company Inc.
- GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
- GE Power
- MANN+HUMMEL Intern. GmbH & Co. KG
- HAMON Group
- Thermax Ltd.
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options