The global Adhesion Barrier Market is valued at USD 785 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach a value of USD 1365.3 Million by 2030 at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 7.2% between 2023 and 2030.
Healthcare is evolving rapidly driven by many factors such as a growing population and the increasing burden of diseases. This has led to a rise in spending on medical devices and innovative treatments, accounting for a significant portion of the overall expenditure. It is projected that healthcare spending in developing countries will continue to increase in the coming years. For instance, according to data from the Office for National Statistics of the United Kingdom, healthcare expenditure in 2022 reached GBP 277 billion (USD 373.4 billion), representing a 7.4% increase compared to the previous year. Investing in the healthcare sector offers attractive long-term financial benefits, as individuals tend to allocate more of their income towards medical care.
Adhesion Barrier Market Size, 2022 To 2030 (USD Million)
- The market is anticipated to be driven by an increase in the number of injuries that need medical attention and a higher number of surgeries being performed. For instance, according to the Canadian Institute of Health Information in February 2022, the prevailing surgical procedure performed on hospitalized patients in Canada in 2021 was the cesarean section (C-section).
- North America generated more than 43.5% of revenue share in 2022.
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at the quickest rate from 2023 to 2030.
- Synthetic Products segment accounted for the largest market growth. It contributed over 65.5% of the total revenue share in 2022.
- The Film Formulations segment revealed the most significant market growth, contributing more than 48.9% of the total revenue share in 2022.
- The Cardiovascular Surgeries segment accounts for the largest revenue of 30.5% in 2022.
- Hospitals and Clinics will dominate the market with a market share of 58.6% in 2022
The growth and sustainability of the market is influenced by various factors, creating a dynamic economic landscape. The demand for minimally invasive surgeries, particularly in developed regions contributes significantly to the expansion of the market. Moreover, the prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular ailments and obesity, adds to the need for surgical interventions, thereby driving the market. The development and adoption of innovative adhesion barrier technologies are closely tied to economic indicators, with investments in research and development playing a vital role.
Report Coverage & Deliverables
- Real-Time Data Updates:
- Competitor Benchmarking
- Market Trends Heatmap
- Custom Research Queries
- Market Sentiment Analysis
- Demographic and Geographic Insights
Top Market Trends
- Increasing Demand for Minimally Invasive Surgeries: Minimally invasive operations are becoming more and more common because of their many benefits, including quicker recovery periods, reduced discomfort, and shorter hospital stays. Adhesions, which are bands of scar tissue that can form between tissues and organs, are frequently prevented in minimally invasive operations by the use of adhesion barriers.
- Growing Awareness of Adhesion-Related Diseases: Numerous issues, such as discomfort, infertility, and intestinal obstruction, can be brought on by adhesions. Adhesion barriers are becoming more and more in demand as awareness of various disorders connected to adhesion rises.
- Rise of Regenerative Medicine: In the quickly growing field of regenerative medicine, damaged tissues are repaired using stem cells and other technology. In regenerative medicine, adhesion barriers are utilized to encourage tissue healing and stop adhesions from forming.
- Growing Focus on Personalized Medicine: Personalized medicine is a method of providing healthcare where each patient receives a treatment plan that is unique to them. Manufacturers of adhesion barriers are creating new, individually designed adhesion barriers to meet the demands of each patient.
The Global Market is segregated into the below-mentioned segments as:
The globel Adhesion Barrier market can be categorized into Product, Formulation, Application, End User, Region. The Market can be categorized into Synthetic Products, Natural Products based on Product. The Market can be categorized into Film Formulations, Gel Formulations, Liquid Formulations based on Formulation. The Market can be categorized into Gynaecological Surgeries, Abdominal General Surgeries, Orthopedic Surgeries, Cardiovascular Surgeries, Neurological Surgeries, Urological Surgeries, Other Applications based on Application. The Market can be categorized into Hospitals & Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Other End Users based on End User. The Market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa based on Region.
Below tree is interactive. You can click the nodes to get more information.
Based on Product
Synthetic Products Expected to Hold the Largest Share
The market is dominated by the Synthetic products because they are more effective, easier to use, and more compatible with the body compared to natural alternatives. Synthetic adhesion barriers are widely used in different surgical procedures, especially abdominal surgery, to prevent adhesions between the intestines and abdominal organs. They are also vital in cardiovascular surgery, gynecological surgery, and neurological surgery to prevent adhesion formation around the heart, ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, brain, and spinal cord respectively. The preference for synthetic products highlights their crucial role in enhancing surgical outcomes in various medical fields.
Based on Formulation
Film Formulations will Dominate the market during the Forecast Period
The market is anticipated to be dominated by the film formulations segment. These thin, flexible sheets are applied during surgery to create a physical barrier between tissues, preventing adhesion formation. Film formulations are popular among surgeons due to their ease of use and removal, allowing for application during surgery and removal after. Film formulations are crucial in various surgical procedures to prevent adhesions, showcasing their versatility and importance in improving surgical outcomes.
Based on Application
Cardiovascular Surgeries will account for the Largest Market Share
The market is expected to be dominated by Cardiovascular Surgeries because these surgeries involve complex procedures on the heart and blood vessels, and are faced with a significant challenge of preventing complications, primarily the formation of adhesions. Adhesion barriers are crucial in cardiovascular surgery as they prevent adhesions from forming between the heart, lungs, and other blood vessels. The potential adverse effects of adhesions in cardiovascular patients, including pain, difficulty breathing, irregular heart rhythms, and hindrance to future surgeries, highlight the urgent need for effective preventive measures.
Based on End User
The Hospitals & Clinics Category will Account for the Largest Share
The Hospitals and Clinics category is expected to dominate the market as they are the main users due to their significant role in annual surgical procedures. The growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, known for their benefits such as shorter hospital stays, reduced pain, and faster recovery, drives the use of adhesion barriers in these settings to prevent adhesions.
Based on Region
North America will Lead the Market
North America is poised to take the lead in the market due to its substantial size and advanced development. The popularity of minimally invasive surgeries, known for their benefits is contributing to the widespread use of adhesion barriers as a preventive measure against adhesion formation. The rapid growth of the elderly population in the region, who are more susceptible to surgery and related complications such as adhesions, is also fueling the demand. Moreover, the rising awareness of adhesion-related diseases, which can cause pain, infertility, and bowel obstruction, is a major driving force. The high prevalence of chronic diseases, especially cardiovascular disease and obesity, is amplifying the demand for adhesion barriers due to the increased risk of adhesions in surgical interventions.
The market for is highly competitive, with several key players competing for market dominance. Key players specialize in developing and offering a wide range of adhesion barrier products to address complications after surgery. Many of these players focus on innovation, research, and biocompatible solutions, catering to various surgical specialties.
The players in the global market include Atrium Medical Corporation (U.S.), Anika Therapeutics Inc. (U.S.), MAST Biosurgery AG (U.S.), Sanofi Group (France), Baxter International Inc. (U.S.), Integra Lifesciences Corporation (U.S.), FzioMed Inc. (U.S.), C. R. Bard Inc. (U.S.), Johnson & Johnson (U.S.), Medtronic PLC (Ireland) among others.
Recent Market Developments
- February 2022: Gunze Limited has received medical device approval to produce and distribute TENALEAF, which is the first absorbable adhesion barrier in sheet form manufactured in Japan.
Segmentation of the Global Market
- Product (Synthetic Products, Natural Products)
- Formulation (Film Formulations, Gel Formulations, Liquid Formulations)
- Application (Gynaecological Surgeries, Abdominal General Surgeries, Orthopedic Surgeries, Cardiovascular Surgeries, Neurological Surgeries, Urological Surgeries, Other Applications)
- End User (Hospitals & Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Other End Users)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa)
|Regions & Countries Covered
- North America - (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe - (U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Rest Of Europe)
- Asia Pacific - (China, Japan, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Rest Of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America - (Brazil, Argentina, Rest Of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa - (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest Of Middle East & Africa)
- Atrium Medical Corporation (U.S.)
- Anika Therapeutics Inc. (U.S.)
- MAST Biosurgery AG (U.S.)
- Sanofi Group (France)
- Baxter International Inc. (U.S.)
- Integra Lifesciences Corporation (U.S.)
- FzioMed Inc. (U.S.)
- C. R. Bard Inc. (U.S.)
- Johnson & Johnson (U.S.)
- Medtronic PLC (Ireland)
||Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST
analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, technology landscape, patent analysis, market
attractiveness analysis by segments and North America, company market share analysis, and COVID-19
Pricing and purchase options
||Avail of customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs. Explore purchase options